Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Internet Saver - Modify

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Internet Saver - Modify

Anyone experience with modifying an Internet Saver rate? I booked one night, then got sick and needed to postpone the trip for two weeks, so it's not like I won't show eventually

What's my best strategy? Hotel directly or PC Plat. line?

Any magic words that do the trick? Begging??

- Michael
Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:41 pm

Programs: Nothing much anymore. Used to be annual 1K but ditched the work travel life. Still 1MM on UA.
I've found in my experiences that when you book the 21-day Advance Purchase, your credit card gets charged right away. However, when booking an Internet Saver rate, nothing gets charged until you show up at the hotel itself.

If you call the hotel and explain to them the circumstances, they may be willing to work with you.

I know of one HIEX in the Bay Area and another in the Seattle area that will even allow you to cancel an Internet Saver rate, even though the IC website says you cannot.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:02 pm
RCC

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SMF UA 1K:
....will even allow you to cancel an Internet Saver rate, even though the IC website says you cannot.</font>
WOW...that is customer service...never heard of anyone being able to change a internet saver rate...good to know....
Old Mar 9, 2004, 6:46 am

I was in the same situation in October. I contacted the hotel directly and explained my situation. They allowed me to reschedule my stay at their property without penalty.

John
Old Mar 9, 2004, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Called the hotel, no fuss whatsoever. They simply changed without any questions, etc. Awesome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.