Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles/Points?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2003, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Miles/Points?

I know that you can move Priority Club points into several airline mileage programs. Does this work in reverse: can I move airline miles into my PC account? And, if so, how do I do it?

star
Old May 14, 2003, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
No. Nor can you move PC points into airline miles unless you opt for airline miles in the first place. Otherwise, your points can only be used for hotel stays. At least I believe that's how it now works. In the old program you could convert 5K points into a certain number of miles, but I don't think it can be done anymore.
Old May 14, 2003, 7:48 pm

First, yes, you can transfer priority club points from PClub to an airline. This is done in blocks of 10,000 points for 2,500 miles. Your earning preference with PClub does not have to be miles for this to work, you just have to have a frequent flyer account already set up with the airline you want to transfer to. Takes about 4-6 weeks. Information and a list of airlines is at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...nts/us/rr.html
Second, you can transfer miles from an airline to PClub thru a third party service called points.com. They charge a fee and the number of airlines you can transfer from is pretty limited, but it is still an option.
Old May 15, 2003, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, PClubBoBo, for the info. I will check out points.com.

star

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.