Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I tried the Six Continent Gateaway promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2002, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
I tried the Six Continent Gateaway promotion

That is a package including hotel room and flight , chiefly on Delta, for two, the rate is given per person.

If you travel just by yourself, like me, it is a little higher (around 50 percent increase) but still reasonable.

Surprisingly, with my french credit card, I succedded to book the flight, which I usually cannot on Delta site.

For instance, CVG-RIC (Richmond, VA) is around 280 dollars for the week-end, levaing friday evening, and sunday evening. There is a possibiity of saving 25 dollars, but when youopen the page Gateaway, they give you an another code that save 40 dollars.

At the end, I paid 240 dollars for two nights , tax included and flight included.
That save me at least 6 hours driving and makes me paying the hotel plus flight a little more than just the hotel (in fact, I make an estimate of theflight around 60 to 80 dollars, which is good to take)
Old Nov 25, 2002, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Sorry for the Gateaway, that really is Getaway...

Now I am back, and can share a little more on that;
All worked very well, I got the miles on Delta for the U (beuurk , as we say in french) non upgradable seats,

but the Hotel, Holiday Inn central of Richmond is not really good.

The big drawback of this promotion, and which is not said, is that the check-out of the hotel is made with a receipt that shows 2 nights at 35 dollars each

Which means that the plane ticket is really around 200 dollars before the rebate, or 160 after.
I do not call that a cheap ticket (CVG-RIC)

Obviously, as this is the part that I will pay, as my company will reimburse me the hotel at the rate of 35 dollars, this is not a good deal for me at all.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 10:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">beuurk , as we say in french</font>

Thanks for the feedback felis
Old Nov 25, 2002, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Don't know what you expected since SCH must buy tickets on the airline, and these will generally be bulk fare domestic consolidator class, which are not always the cheapest. At least you earned miles, many such package flights do not. The hotel, however, is marked down to a nominal cost, which is what they did since this is an intra-company transfer.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Don't know what you expected since SCH must buy tickets on the airline, and these will generally be bulk fare domestic consolidator class, ....</font>
Nobody spoke hear on this forum about that, so I thought it could not be bad, even if not extraordiary. In fqct, I apid the exact price of what I had, even if they 'save me' 40 bucks.

Sorry for havin been oprimistic !

Old Nov 26, 2002, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I was searching around the CP website when this pop up add showed up:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Enter the promo code 112LMG40 during checkout to get $40 off a Last Minute Getaway. Offer valid for purchases made through November 27, 2002. Code must be entered at checkout for discount to be honored.</font>
Even though the promo states only valid through Nov. 27, I think this is just one of those impulse buy generator type of promos and perhaps will be good after Nov. 27? If not, well, $40 off is still better than nothing if you were planning on booking a Getaway.
Old Nov 26, 2002, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by onedog:
If not, well, $40 off is still better than nothing if you were planning on booking a Getaway.</font>
That's the code I used, and I was infomed it would work for longer time.

Old Nov 30, 2002, 3:46 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by felis:
That is a package including hotel room and flight , chiefly on Delta, for two, the rate is given per person.
</font>
Be aware this package does GIVE miles on the DELTA InsUlt fare,

Bit NONE on the two nights spent in a Holiday Inn plain service property.

That is, finally, to be avoided !!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.