Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Geneva: How bad is it really?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have stayed here a couple of times on one nighters when connecting.
the staff are snooty and upgrades for spire RA minimal.
the nicest person was the bus driver.
oh and the free bus pass to city. The price for what you get is outrageous
It's sounds like you had typical Geneva service, utterly crap with sky high prices. You get it in shops and restaurants all the time there. It's a shame because there was a time when service in Switzerland was the best in the world.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
I got an upgrade and the usual Spire offer of points or drink and tapas or lounge access.
Same here, made it one of the best Crowne Plazas I've stayed at as the Club rooms and lounge here are very nice.
#1son likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:33 am

There seem to be some mixed experiences across FT on this hotel. It does appear Spires get club lounge access as a benefit. Does anyone know if this holds true for Platinum as well?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Surgee
There seem to be some mixed experiences across FT on this hotel. It does appear Spires get club lounge access as a benefit. Does anyone know if this holds true for Platinum as well?
not since spire was invented AFAIK
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
So Spire definitely get club lounge? Is that on redemption nights too?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
you can choose between drink voucher, welcome points or club lounge access. The check-in staff appears to forget to mention this from time to time ... Not sure if also on redemption nights.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:02 pm

Looking at staying a night or two in Geneva this summer. I'd prefer to stay in the heart of town by the prices are crazy (unless I want to stay at an Ibis). I'd prefer IHG to earn some points.

Paying cash I can get the HIExpress for under $100 per night. CP is $160. IC is $260. Leaning towards the HIExpress. Can someone talk me out of it?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Looking at staying a night or two in Geneva this summer. I'd prefer to stay in the heart of town by the prices are crazy (unless I want to stay at an Ibis). I'd prefer IHG to earn some points.

Paying cash I can get the HIExpress for under $100 per night. CP is $160. IC is $260. Leaning towards the HIExpress. Can someone talk me out of it?
We really like the IC. You can walk to downtown in about 30-40 mins through the UN area then along the lake. Direct public bus to/from GVA. Great views from many rooms and really nice pool area to swim/relax.

I don’t know if that’s worth the rate difference to you. The IC is good value on points at only 5,000 more than the tiny rooms at the CP.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by aussieinsf

We really like the IC. You can walk to downtown in about 30-40 mins through the UN area then along the lake. Direct public bus to/from GVA. Great views from many rooms and really nice pool area to swim/relax.

I don’t know if that’s worth the rate difference to you. The IC is good value on points at only 5,000 more than the tiny rooms at the CP.
Agreed. I really like the IC too, and just stayed there again a couple of weeks ago. When booking a redemption makes no sense choosing the CP over the IC.
Only advantage the CP does have, is an executive lounge.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
if paying cash the CP is usually a better value than the IC in my opinion (I find the IC to be like a mausoleum with nice rooms)

the room upgrade and Club access at CP were a welcome surprise (no Club at IC)

I have stayed at all the IHG properties in Geneva and CP would likely be my first choice if prices are reasonable
Old May 10, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Rust, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Resurrecting this thread. I'm in GVA on an 11 hour layover on 22nd May. I couldn't believe how expensive all the hotels were!
HIEx and IC unavailable on this date and nearly all the airport hotels too. I had booked the Nash Pratik for the outrageous sum of £190 but then I saw the CP was available for £340 or 97000 points. Got a ton of points to burn so booked it but still feel somewhat cheated. What is going on in Geneva that night? The day before prices are steep but bearable, as they are on the Monday.
It's a late arrival and early departure so literally a place to rest my head.

EM
Old May 11, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ElegantMess
Resurrecting this thread. I'm in GVA on an 11 hour layover on 22nd May. I couldn't believe how expensive all the hotels were!
HIEx and IC unavailable on this date and nearly all the airport hotels too. I had booked the Nash Pratik for the outrageous sum of £190 but then I saw the CP was available for £340 or 97000 points. Got a ton of points to burn so booked it but still feel somewhat cheated. What is going on in Geneva that night?
Hotel prices are never cheap in GVA, but especially when there is a session at the UN or one of its organisations.
ElegantMess likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 1:23 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
There has to be some kind of big event in Geneva.... I've never seen the Ibis Styles or Ibis in town go for over CHF 300 for your specific days..... it's crazy.
ElegantMess likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 4:45 am

There's a big conference on business aviation in Geneva from the 23rd to 25th, hence the crazy prices.
ElegantMess likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Loved this airport hotel. Upgraded as a Platinum to the club level, with access. Full tour of the hotel and how it looks as of July 2022!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.