Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Ambassador on non-RA's award stay

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Royal Ambassador on non-RA's award stay

Quick question (and I couldn't find this on the search)

If I stay using the significant others points - will RA benefits be honored?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by V60t
Quick question (and I couldn't find this on the search)

If I stay using the significant others points - will RA benefits be honored?
if you are staying on points then there are very few benefits due to be honoured anyway, but who pays for the room is irrelevent, what matters is who is staying , so yes they would be honoured
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
The account associated with the points would most likely determine the recognized status. The points stay is reserved online and is associated with the account. Others can be listed as guests and the guests can check in without issue. Based on a stay by the brother last weekend the account status associated with my account was recognized and the account status associated with his account was not recognized as the brother and his wife were upgraded. My account is Platinum / Royal Ambassador and his account is non of the above. The reservation was completed with the credit card of the guest but the credit card information was not saved to the account.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Or, have your cake and eat it too. Booking stays via an account with status results in the benefits associated with the account holder. Booking stays via an account without status result in the benefits associated with the guest.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Or, have your cake and eat it too. Booking stays via an account with status results in the benefits associated with the account holder. Booking stays via an account without status result in the benefits associated with the guest.

So that being said if she books our room - how do I tag my RA account with it?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by V60t
So that being said if she books our room - how do I tag my RA account with it?
Based on another similar thread, simply put your name as a guest and your RA account number in the notes. And do check in with your RA card in hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.