Wiki Posts
Search

EVEN hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
EVEN hotels

IHG's new mid-market US hotel chain has been launched - expecting to have 100 properties within 5 years. First property should open early 2013.

The brand will focus on health - exercise, food, work and rest.

http://evenhotels.com/
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:29 am
Suspended

To me any new brand within a really big hotel group is total waste to resource and time. I thought hotel Indigo already gone the route but remain lukewarm. Hotel group really need focus, focus on the current market the people they serve. Trying to be everyone and anyone would overkill.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Gen Y'er checking in. I love this idea. Clean, contemporary design with a focus on fitness? Yes, please!

The idea of cardio classes on site is pretty cool. Pull up bar in the room? Awesome.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: ICH: Platinum Ambassador, VA: Silver
i like the beds and linens. the bed sure does look comfy, and as someone with eczema (who frequently travels with a family member with extremely severe eczema) the prospect of hypoallergenic linens is a plus. ihg properties don't seem to be bad, but some hotels' linens can irritate my skin. i'll be keen to find out where they intend to open the properties, i'd love to stay at one. i love the hotel indigo concept (it's like they hacked into my brain and designed everything the way i would) too.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao
To me any new brand within a really big hotel group is total waste to resource and time. I thought hotel Indigo already gone the route but remain lukewarm. Hotel group really need focus, focus on the current market the people they serve. Trying to be everyone and anyone would overkill.
I agree. But maybe they're going to morph Indigo into this product? I think they need to wait and see how well it is received. I can see the concept working in major metro areas, but no so much in small town USA...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards, Priority Club
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I agree. But maybe they're going to morph Indigo into this product? I think they need to wait and see how well it is received. I can see the concept working in major metro areas, but no so much in small town USA...
Hmm. Actually I think IHG have relatively few brands given the number of properties they have around the world. Accor have way more brands than IHG do, and with fewer properties.

Whether this specific one is the right one or not is an open question, but multiple brands across a hotel group is something that works elsewhere - because most people don't pay any attention to who the overall group is. I work in the travel industry and relatively few people know that Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Intercontinental are even in the same group - and that's a British company to boot!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Barham
Hmm. Actually I think IHG have relatively few brands given the number of properties they have around the world. Accor have way more brands than IHG do, and with fewer properties.

Whether this specific one is the right one or not is an open question, but multiple brands across a hotel group is something that works elsewhere - because most people don't pay any attention to who the overall group is. I work in the travel industry and relatively few people know that Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Intercontinental are even in the same group - and that's a British company to boot!
That is why Accor is changing. They are refocusing on Sofitel, Pullman, Mercure, Novotel and Ibis. Formula 1 and all seasons are integrating to Ibis. They already get rid off red roof inn in US.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: SQ
Don't really care for the huge lettering depicted in the photos.

As someone who goes to the gym daily, I hope they can design something that doesn't cater to those who 'work out'. For once I'd like weights higher than 40 pounds and less treadmills.....I think you know what I'm implying.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
A pretty weird target customer.

Don't any hotels offer gym and healthier options already?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tycosiao
A pretty weird target customer.
Hey--they did their research!!! From the press release:

"IHG spent 18 months researching the new brand, which is says will fill a limited-service, health-conscious niche that about 17 million customers are looking for."
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Kind of synthesis between Indigo going green and Aloft, with pretty cheap corporate design.

Not quite sure how solid a positioning of a hotel brand is when only based on healthy stay argument.

Would prefer to have Andaz like (where are design teams at IHG?!)

Last edited by nicolas75; Feb 29, 2012 at 11:31 am
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:11 am

Looks a lot like Aloft with a better workout room.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, US SP, Marriott Gold, PC Platinum/IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by meh130
Looks a lot like Aloft with a better workout room.
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like an Aloft with a different color scheme.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rnheadlee21
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like an Aloft with a different color scheme.
But isn't that then just Indigo with a different marketing niche? That's where I'm getting confused.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
But isn't that then just Indigo with a different marketing niche? That's where I'm getting confused.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.