Wiki Posts
Search

CP or HIEX at Milan Malpensa (MXP)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
CP or HIEX at Milan Malpensa (MXP)?

Looking to stay for one night in Dec at MXP and trying to decide between the CP and HIEX. Any experience or suggestions? We arrive at around 4pm and leave the next day at around 8am. Particular poitns are:

- location (seems to be ambiguous/indeterminable from the map), are they both near each other and off site from the main airport

- do they share a shuttle bus?

- restaurant/bar options

- comfort/quality of rooms

The HIEX is currently at €84 and CP at €114 so wondering if the CP is worth the extra €30 (or 10k points if we use points). Any information gratefully received.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
I have the same question --except at Linate, the other Milan airport. Options there are a Holiday Inn (appears refurbished) and a Crown Plaza. Anyone with knowledge to answer the first post perhaps might be able to answer this one too.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:36 am

HIEX MXP is a very simple hotel. Clean and nice but no restaurant (they offer prepared food at night like lassagna). Breakfast ok.

Be aware of the shuttle, you must call them if it is off hours.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:44 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Phil, do consider the Sheraton MXP that opened earlier this week! Way more convienient as it is located inside the terminal and a short walk to & from the check-in desks. Plus all the airport dining and shopping facilities are easily accessible, and no shutle hassles. (Also has a Club level.)

Quite good rates as well. I am doing a couple of similar one-nighters in Dec to start a couple of ex MXP's and booked the Sheraton for about €100. It is also a good deal with SPG points or Cash & Points at a Cat 3.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Thanks AJ, but on the night in question the Sheraton is €157 per night and it doesn't seem to be available on C+P. That's a shame as I'd be prepared to pay quite a premium for being "on airport" but that is a bit too much I think.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: FB Plat, EB Gold, TK*G Elite, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge
Originally Posted by PhilH
- location (seems to be ambiguous/indeterminable from the map), are they both near each other and off site from the main airport

- do they share a shuttle bus?

- restaurant/bar options

- comfort/quality of rooms
Have stayed twice at CP MXP and my comments are:
Location: Middle of nowhere - you have to take the shuttle bus

Shuttle bus: CP is using the airport shuttle bus, stop is around 300meters from the hotel (I might be wrong with this one, please check with the hotel. We have used rental car on both visits).

Restaurant/bar: Bar closes around midnight - decent selection of beer/wine at reasonable prices. Not cheap but okay for a CP. The restaurant seems okay, have only had breakfast there. As far as I know there is no other restaurant nearby.

Comform/quality: Very good quality - especially for the price! If I need a stay over in MXP I will choose CP again.

Hope you have a nice trip, and if you do choose CP please post your opinion afterwards. :-)
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:14 am

Novotel Malpensa

A few weeks ago I was looking at a similar MXP hotel one night towards end of October. Chanced upon Novotel Malpensa at less than EUR 75. Definitely cheaper than Crowne Plaza or Sheraton.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:08 pm

Just stayed at the CP two weeks ago as the Sheraton failed to open in time to honor my reservation there, luckily Sheraton paid for both the CP stay and my taxi to the airport

The HIE and the CP are pretty close together and share the same shuttle. We had a very nice room at the CP and a good nights sleep. The neighborhood the hotels are in is strange. I heard somewhere that it has been partially bought out by the airport so it is weird combo of occupied and unoccupied houses.

We had a rental car so arrived at the hotel and checked in (and got an upgraded room). We drove over to the airport - just a few minutes drive - and dropped our rental car. Hertz then called the hotel for us and had them send the shuttle for us. In the evening the shuttle is on a call basis. The next am we had to leave the hotel at 5:00 am so we took a taxi. The hotel shuttle doesn't start running until 5:30 and leaves the CP on the half hour until 9:30a.

The restaurant looked nice and was full in the evening. They were offering some sort of salute to mushrooms and everything on the menu was mushroom related. That is an "ick" for me, so we grabbed McDonalds at the airport, which would probably be an "ick" to a lot of other folks
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
CP Malpensa is a very good airport hotel: pretty nice executive rooms, very quiet, good restaurant, quite friendly staff.

The shuttle to the airport can be busy

My refuge when I miss the last flight
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread about the hotel..is there still major construction being done in the area? If so, I could walk to the hotel, but really dont want to be walking thru gravel and around cyclone fences.

I agree, the property is nice for an airport hotel. Is there anything special about the holiday inn express? I have 2 stays here again in March and April.

Thanks all. I Swear I saw some discussion oF
the construction, but I cant find it!

RD
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
I've been there last year and don't remember any major construction.

P.S. A few notes just in case:
- Both of the hotels can be reached by the free T1-T2 shuttle bus (requires a 5-7 minute walk from the bus stop, might not be that pleasant when the weather is bad)
- There is a good restaurant nearby (can't remember the name - check TripAdvisor)
- Both of the hotels are run by the same company.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
CP Malpensa is a solid airport hotel with friendly staff, quite nice (and perfectly quiet) rooms.

Restaurant is pretty good too.

The only downside was the shuttle which can be quickly full.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Thanks all. I stayed at CP the beginning and end of a trip to Milan in Dec..the roads to both hotels were all torn up, gravel, temporary fences etc. Weather permitting we may walk there.

Cheers, RD
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:57 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread about the hotel..is there still major construction being done in the area? If so, I could walk to the hotel, but really dont want to be walking thru gravel and around cyclone fences.

I agree, the property is nice for an airport hotel. Is there anything special about the holiday inn express? I have 2 stays here again in March and April.

Thanks all. I Swear I saw some discussion oF
the construction, but I cant find it!

RD
I stayed at both. HIX provides breakfast whereas the CP charges. CP's room look nicer but are basically same-size, bed, etc. Took the shuttle to both each way, but the walk appeared a bit much with luggage.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: IHG, Delta
I'm attending the Olympic Film Festival in Milan this November. The location is given as: Auditorium of Regione Lombardia (Piazza Lombardia, 1 corner with Via Melchiorre Gioia 37).

I've never been to Milan, much less Italy. I'm Spire Ambassador - where do you suggest I stay (unfortunately, no ICs there)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.