Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flash Sale replacing last minute?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
I'm really bummed out. I was just starting to really looking forward to Thursday's to see where I might be going for my next travel break. Can't imagine they'd shut this down due to lack of interest. Maybe it was too successful?
Bring it back PC!!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by brasov02
Can't imagine they'd shut this down due to lack of interest. Maybe it was too successful?
My guess is that's exactly what it is. It's a great promotion and probably too successful so they had to pull the plug on it. In some ways it was even better than Point Breaks (weekly instead of bi-monthly) and I'm disappointed that this was so short-lived.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:56 pm

In case the Priority Club folks are reading here, I'll say that I'm also very disappointed to see this promotion gone. Even though I was not able to use it yet since I have no vacations coming up in the next two months, I still looked forward to checking the site on Thursdays and would be prepared to try to squeeze in an unplanned vacation if the right opportunity came along. I thought this program (along with Pointbreaks) put Priority Club as my clear choice for accumulating points. The "last minute" stuff was virtually useless since I can't plan a trip to many places on a few days notice.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: priority club, aeroplan, air miles
I too was looking forward to Thursdays and have a trip planned in May and June going through Canada and the Us. They were just getting to the early part of May for bookings and now they have cancelled it. Hopefully the new point breaks will have some good hotels that are on our way.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
This program (now suspended) was too random to make good use of it. How can one make all of their travel arrangements in such a short time? It was only useful if you already had a trip planned for an area where one of these hotels was being offered.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
This program (now suspended) was too random to make good use of it. How can one make all of their travel arrangements in such a short time? It was only useful if you already had a trip planned for an area where one of these hotels was being offered.
You had a longer booking window than Last Minute...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
The "last minute" stuff was virtually useless since I can't plan a trip to many places on a few days notice.
Agreed. The Last Minute promo only caters to a very small select group of travelers, whereas the Thursday Flash Sale was like a mini-point break which many people could use due to the longer stay window.

If anything I think the Last Minute promo should've been the one scrapped and the Thursday Sale should have stayed.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
I suppose it was like the UK 24 hour £20.12 Olympics promotion flash sale they've done the past two years in Jan, selling off rooms all over UK at most HI/HIX and some CPs. Maybe they saw the £20.12 promotion as a good thing, and wanted to try and model it across the world, but slashing the points instead of the cash price. Looking at the two offers though, the UK sale was fairly widespread in the hotels on offer, not a small select few. If they wanted more success from the new flash sale, then they need more hotels/area available.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I liked this, and from a marketing perspective it will bring people to the web site weekly. I just hope they were not trialing it as a replacement for point breaks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.