Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Berlin Potsdamer Platz (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SLGO

Are the rooms that outdated? They look alright on the website, though they must have touched the photos... I have considered IC too, but isn’t it further from the subway station than this CP? Newbie to Berlin so thanks for your advice in advance!
Rooms are absolutely not outdated. You are right about the location of the subway station as well.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Carel1
Rooms are absolutely not outdated. You are right about the location of the subway station as well.
I referred to the outdated rooms in the other CP in Nürnberger Straße (which is in a superior location close to the IC and close to Wittenberg Platz). The other CP is as close to the subway as the fake Potsdamer Platz CP, however is on the main East-West-Lines connecting the city centre east and the city centre west whereas the fake Potsdamer Platz CP is on the North-South-Lines. I found the rooms on the fake Potsdamer Platz CP on the modern, but on the smallish (and darkish) side and far away from IC standard. The IC has a bus stop in front of the hotel taking you to the relevant tourist sights in the East and to Bahnhof Zoo in the West.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
15,000 points per night as part of pointsbreak this quarter (might already be sold out?). Debating between here (Diamond) for 5 nights (either 60,000 or 75,000 points) or Hilton Berlin (Diamond) for 140,000 points. So is it worth twice the cost to stay at Hilton Berlin with diamond benefits and better location to U-bahn? Traveling by myself
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:22 pm

mrredskin I stayed in This Crowne Plaza during ITB Berlin in march and as Spire I've been upgraded to junior suite. Even without it hotel is really worth this points. Breakfast is really very good. It's also close to the U-bahn.
In Hilton I was few years ago so I can't write anything for this days.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Locationwise the Hilton is by far superior, for 15k points this should be however a no brainier. However check carefully where the hotel really is: neither on nor in Potsdamer Platz but one station on the S-Bahn away from Potsdamer Platz with no direct access to the East-West public transport lines. If you are prepared to walk 1/2 mile to Potsdamer Platz and if you are aware that - different from the Hilton - you are not in the centre of historic Berlin Thant nothing can beat this price.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by mrredskin
So is it worth twice the cost to stay at Hilton Berlin with diamond benefits and better location to U-bahn? Traveling by myself
The Hilton isn't necessarily better located. In fact, for nightlife and where the action is, CP Potsdamer Platz is located quite well. Kreuzberg 36, Neukölln, and Warschauer Strasse (Friedrichsheim) are all a short U1/U3 hop away. Bergmankiez is in walking distance. From the Hilton, you'd have to transfer from one U-Bahn to another or the S-Bahn.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by mrredskin
15,000 points per night as part of pointsbreak this quarter (might already be sold out?). Debating between here (Diamond) for 5 nights (either 60,000 or 75,000 points) or Hilton Berlin (Diamond) for 140,000 points. So is it worth twice the cost to stay at Hilton Berlin with diamond benefits and better location to U-bahn? Traveling by myself
I booked this hotel yesterday for a trip next year. It was 15 000 pts + 78 EUR or 95 EUR or 30 000 pts. I took the cash rate.
What is pointsbreak ?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
What is pointsbreak ?
Temporarily discounted (i.e. reduced number of points required), promotional reward nights. The current list is here:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...breaks-q3.html
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:35 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

The link leads to an error 404
Why when I booked yesterday this option was not available ?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1flyer
The Hilton isn't necessarily better located. In fact, for nightlife and where the action is, CP Potsdamer Platz is located quite well. Kreuzberg 36, Neukölln, and Warschauer Strasse (Friedrichsheim) are all a short U1/U3 hop away. Bergmankiez is in walking distance. From the Hilton, you'd have to transfer from one U-Bahn to another or the S-Bahn.
Yeap. And you need to walk a Kilometer to Hallesches Tor subway Station whereas the Hilton has the U6 and the U2 in front of its door. And not erverbody considers Neukoelln or SO36 as THE places to go.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Locationwise the Hilton is by far superior, for 15k points this should be however a no brainier. However check carefully where the hotel really is: neither on nor in Potsdamer Platz but one station on the S-Bahn away from Potsdamer Platz with no direct access to the East-West public transport lines. If you are prepared to walk 1/2 mile to Potsdamer Platz and if you are aware that - different from the Hilton - you are not in the centre of historic Berlin Thant nothing can beat this price.
The CP Potsdamer Platz is a 4 minute walk from the U-bahn station Möckernbrücke where you can take East-West lines U1 and U7. U1 takes you to Wittenbergplatz (KaDeWe) only 4 stops.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:10 am
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
The link leads to an error 404
Why when I booked yesterday this option was not available ?
Sorry about that. The link is direct from the IHG website and was working earlier.

Each hotel on the PointBreaks list only has to make a limited number of rooms available (same as for redemptions in general). When they're gone for a certain date, they're gone. A CP in Berlin would tend to sell out faster for this rate than the HIX in West Bumf*ck AK. Rooms at PointBreaks rates may still be available for other dates. If the PointBreaks rate is available, it will come up when you search for reward nights.

More here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...on-thread.html
submonte likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:19 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
wow. many responses. thank you all. unanimous that the CP is what I should stay with. and potentially only 60,000 points if I get the new IHG card.

for what it's worth - I found the google maps street view of the CP rather amusing. It still shows the windows and doors boarded/metaled up when it was vacant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.