Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 7:55 am
MIM
Original Poster

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre (Master Thread)

Interested to know if anyone has stayed at the new Crowne Plaza in Manchester yet.

Based on the one post on Trip Advisor, it sounds positive...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...r_England.html
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: PC Plat, BMI, BA
I posted on the Managers blog at www.cpmanchester.com asking what they will offer PC members. Needless to say since they have no mention of the PC on the website my comment was ignored and not posted. The company that owns this hotel is generally bad at recognizing PC members at it's hotels.

That said I live 2 Min's from the hotel and it looks very nice, standard looking of all newly fitted out UK CP's. Shame it doesn't have a pool and it's not as nice as the old Manchester CP which is grand and very nice now the current owners have refitted it.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 3:55 pm

Where was the old CP?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by whitelightning
Where was the old CP?
It was the Midland Hotel next to the GMEX. When IHG sold off the hotels a few years ago this one was sold to company that decided not to keep on the CP brand,I think it was about 4 ys ago.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:05 am
MIM
Original Poster

Interesting to see in yesterday's Evening News, that there is opposition to the planned HIX just down the road - not least because it is being listed as 'coming soon' despite no planning application being submitted yet.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....t_budget_hotel
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:09 am

CP is out of my price range for business stays - would be nice to have an affordable IC property within 10 minutes walk of my office though, for the various weekends we do system upgrades. The City Inn and Malmaison get most of my business these days in Manchester, although next weekend the Labour Party conference is in town so it's the Travelodge for me
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by ag51
CP is out of my price range for business stays - would be nice to have an affordable IC property within 10 minutes walk of my office though, for the various weekends we do system upgrades. The City Inn and Malmaison get most of my business these days in Manchester, although next weekend the Labour Party conference is in town so it's the Travelodge for me
The CP has rates in line with the Malmasion from what I have seen.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Skywards Gold, BAEC Silver, SAA Voyager
I stayed here a few days back. My PC Platninum was recognised (upgraded to the club floor with lounge access) and the rooms were very nice. Modern, with a very comfortable King Sized bed and all modern facilities. There were numerous issues however (though these could be teething problems). Club lounge had both the soft and alcoholic drinks cabinet locked. Asking for them to be unlocked produced demands for id from reception. The restaurant stopped serving food at 9pm! Staff attitude was generally negative and there was certainly no 'can do' attitude. The hotel has been open but 2 weeks and I am convinced that things will improve. It will have to; as competition in Manchester is strong. The Malmaison, Raddisson, and Hilton are all nearby.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by uklad79
The CP has rates in line with the Malmasion from what I have seen.
We have corporate rates with the Malmaison - otherwise, my limit in Manchester is £80 (inc VAT), not seeing anything anywhere near that at the CP
Old Sep 14, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
and the little one in the corner...

Don't forget there's a CP at the airport with an excellent train service into town. They get my business when I'm up there for work...food's quite pricey though
Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ag51
We have corporate rates with the Malmaison - otherwise, my limit in Manchester is £80 (inc VAT), not seeing anything anywhere near that at the CP
They are not offering rates that low at the moment as they have just opened but I would expect them in the next few months on leisure and advance rates. That rate for the Mal is good.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
Don't forget there's a CP at the airport with an excellent train service into town. They get my business when I'm up there for work...food's quite pricey though
I stay here often when I have an early flight. You can get rates for £55-65 with breakfast easily available. The hotel is poor at recognizing status but at rates like that I don't care.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
CP Manchester

I stayed there last Wed. My PC status was NOT recognised, but when I asked I was upgraded, with lounge access. Although as already pointed out the fridge was locked. The hotel was on the whole very good. Nice lay out good location. I normally use the Hilton on Deansgate but the CP rooms in my opinion are much nicer. Room rate was okay at £110 B&B. I'd say that it’s the Best UK CP I've used yet, although Heathrow is very a close second.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:44 am
MIM
Original Poster

Sounds promising.

I may burn my last few PC points and surprise Mrs MIM with a stay-over in town, rather than get a cab home next time we are out.

BTW - Anyone staying at the CP on a non-inclusive rate who wants to venture out for breakfast, could do a lot worse than pop next door to Cafe North (I think that's what it's called...). Never going to set the world alight, but a great little place for breakfasts/burgers/omelettes etc.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:45 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Skywards Gold, BAEC Silver, SAA Voyager
Originally Posted by Jonathan2712
I stayed there last Wed. My PC status was NOT recognised, but when I asked I was upgraded, with lounge access. Although as already pointed out the fridge was locked. The hotel was on the whole very good. Nice lay out good location. I normally use the Hilton on Deansgate but the CP rooms in my opinion are much nicer. Room rate was okay at £110 B&B. I'd say that it’s the Best UK CP I've used yet, although Heathrow is very a close second.
Best UK CP?

For me it has to be the original Liverpool one. Also helps that they upgraded me to a suite last week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.