FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Did you get points for a second room outside North America? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1311214-did-you-get-points-second-room-outside-north-america.html)

Ambraciot Feb 6, 2012 6:14 pm

Did you get points for a second room outside North America?

I'm new to Priority Club (or I will be in the next couple weeks) and I'm wondering if people's actual experiences have matched this clause in the terms and conditions.

Only one room will be credited per member per night; however, at U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10), provided those rooms are used in conjunction with your stay at the same hotel, and your Priority Club Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with your reservation.
Have you received points for a second room outside the US and Canada? My planned stays would be in China and Europe.

schauschun Feb 7, 2012 11:17 am

when I'm on family holiday I always take 2 rooms (1 for my 2 childs and one for me with my partner), my experience: it is up to hotel if they give you points for both rooms, but by the t&c you are only entitled to have points for your own room)

about 70% of the europe and sea hotels gave me points for both rooms

BingBongBoy Feb 7, 2012 12:57 pm

I had 5 rooms booked at an HI in Edinburgh and got base points on all rooms and all registered bonus points for my room too.

Ambraciot Feb 7, 2012 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by schauschun (Post 17969137)
about 70% of the europe and sea hotels gave me points for both rooms

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 17969961)
I had 5 rooms booked at an HI in Edinburgh and got base points on all rooms and all registered bonus points for my room too.

Thanks, that's exactly the type of first hand experience I was hoping to hear about. Unless anyone thinks the odds are a lot worse at a CP in China, I'll take my chances booking two rooms from my Plat account instead of suggesting someone else book the second as a Club.

Ambraciot Mar 2, 2012 7:31 am

Unfortunately the CP in China wouldn't give me points for the second room or even let me get points for charges billed to the other room. They gave the absolute minimum benefits required by corporate policy.

I think I won't take the chance for the EU bookings, though my odds might be better there.

BingBongBoy Mar 2, 2012 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 18117177)
Unfortunately the CP in China wouldn't give me points for the second room or even let me get points for charges billed to the other room. They gave the absolute minimum benefits required by corporate policy.

I think I won't take the chance for the EU bookings, though my odds might be better there.

Sorry to hear that.