Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgraded from Platinum to Gold, glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Downgraded from Platinum to Gold, glitch?

I posted this on the 80,000 points credit card offer thread but received no response there.

About a week ago I got 80,000+ points from the PC Visa after statement closed and got upgraded to Platinum. A few days ago, my status changed from Platinum back to Gold and the website says I need minus 20,000 points to reach the next level. I received no email welcoming me to Plat or anything.

Has this happened to anyone else in the past?

Would it be ok to contact them and ask to fix my status? Is there any danger in doing so, in other words do they know they are giving Plat status so easily? I would like to get this resolved asap because I have an upcoming stay.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmh..I haven't heard of that. It is possible that they are changing the policy to exclude credit card signup bonus points from counting for status, but this is the first case I have seen. I will say that the IHG computer system is not very good.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by michael_v
I posted this on the 80,000 points credit card offer thread but received no response there.

About a week ago I got 80,000+ points from the PC Visa after statement closed and got upgraded to Platinum. A few days ago, my status changed from Platinum back to Gold and the website says I need minus 20,000 points to reach the next level. I received no email welcoming me to Plat or anything.

Has this happened to anyone else in the past?

Would it be ok to contact them and ask to fix my status? Is there any danger in doing so, in other words do they know they are giving Plat status so easily? I would like to get this resolved asap because I have an upcoming stay.
It is possible that you were issued a new account number with the credit card, and that one shows Platinum, while your other card received a "soft landing" sowngrade in status after your last years stays.

This has happened to me with other hotels.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thumper
It is possible that you were issued a new account number with the credit card, and that one shows Platinum, while your other card received a "soft landing" sowngrade in status after your last years stays.

This has happened to me with other hotels.
But I do still have 80,000+ points in the PC account I know of from the sign-up bonus. If there was another account, I would think that account would be the one holding 80,000 points.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Another thought: the credit card mentions Gold Status as benefit. Could it be that they mistakenly applied this benefit on top of the existing Platinum?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another thought: the credit card mentions Gold Status as benefit. Could it be that they mistakenly applied this benefit on top of the existing Platinum?
That doesn't seem likely.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:55 pm

I would also guess this is a website/IT issue (maybe an accidental reset of status), but it could be a change in terms for 2012. In my understanding of your post and PC T&C's, you earned 80k points in 2012 which would earn you Platinum status for the rest of 2012 and all of 2013.

Just curious.....log into the mobile site and check your status there:
priorityclub.com/mobile

You could always PM a PC Lurker or call....
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
Just curious.....log into the mobile site and check your status there:
priorityclub.com/mobile
I am Gold on the mobile site too.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
There is some glitch somewhere.... I show platinum on the website, but when I checked in to a CP, they had me as a gold member on their system and on the printout. After I told them I was a plat, they told me that they would check on that later and let me know.

I got a call later that I am indeed a plat, though I am not sure if they took the trouble to check, because it did not make a difference!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by thecompdude
There is some glitch somewhere.... I show platinum on the website, but when I checked in to a CP, they had me as a gold member on their system and on the printout. After I told them I was a plat, they told me that they would check on that later and let me know.

I got a call later that I am indeed a plat, though I am not sure if they took the trouble to check, because it did not make a difference!
Same thing happened to me at Hotel Indigo in Chelsea NYC. Their printout showed Gold but when I asked them to go into the system online it showed Platinum. Weird.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ha I love it, -20K to reach next level.

I'd sit and let the glitch work it's way out of the system.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
After having my platinum status for 3 months I was downgraded to gold. Yet my email account statement that I received yesterday show yesterday's correct balance (had very recently changed) but platinum status...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

This is what I received after contacting them via email, which worries me:

Dear,

Thank you for contacting Priority Club Rewards regarding your Gold Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concerns.

Your account status will remain Gold Elite for 2012 since you were able to reach the requirement for this level in 2011. Your current point balance is 80,XXX.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the Priority Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:32 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
This is what I received after contacting them via email, which worries me:

Dear,

Thank you for contacting Priority Club Rewards regarding your Gold Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concerns.

Your account status will remain Gold Elite for 2012 since you were able to reach the requirement for this level in 2011. Your current point balance is 80,XXX.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the Priority Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,
They clearly dont understand the situation. The secret here is to explain it in what I call "schemespeak", use their buzzwords and they should understand...

Dear Sirs,

In 2011 I acheived 80,000 points for my priority club activity and as a result became a Platinum member which as I understand applies until the end of 2012, but instead now find I have been reduced to Gold for 2012. Could you please advise why this has occurred and if it is a glitch reinstate my Platinum status.

Thankyou

Dont wait this one out, from their latest response the glitch seems unlikey to fix itself, you're going to have to fix it.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ha I love it, -20K to reach next level.
And since the difference is already negative, there's no way to achieve Platinum again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.