Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Changes to PRIORITY CLUB T&C 10 points/$ @ IC hotels starting Feb 15th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to PRIORITY CLUB T&C 10 points/$ @ IC hotels starting Feb 15th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Was it eligible for the Ambassador Accelerator points?
Yes, the nights counted towards that too.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:25 pm
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
To answer a few questions...

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
A few questions for RA's.....
Is the RA bonus posted as a flat 1K bonus per stay, or is it posted as a 50% bonus of base points earned?
I have looked through the T&C's and see no mention of the RA bonus, is it an undisclosed benefit?
TIA
The RA bonus will be posted as 50% of the base points earned during the stay.

Originally Posted by Tiki
Hi Carolyn, can you please clarify if incidentals on AWARD stays at the IC Sao Paulo will earn points? For example charging meals to the room?
You will earn points on incidentals that are charged back to the room when staying on a Reward Night.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
Um, did you see my post above?

Qualifying Stay 2869 pts.
Platinum Bonus 1434 pts.
Royal Ambassador Bonus 1000 pts.
Total: 5303 pts.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
amb services actually stated to me that this starts from the 13th jan, she seemed to be well versed with the new earning structure so im assuming her info is good
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by PriorityClubRewards
-Snip-
Thank you for the response. I assume RA's would be very happy with 50% bonus of base points earned.....but...
Originally Posted by stimpy
Um, did you see my post above?
Qualifying Stay 2869 pts.
Platinum Bonus 1434 pts.
Royal Ambassador Bonus 1000 pts.
Total: 5303 pts.
Maybe PCRewards/Carolyn could reconfirm, one way or the other, what the earning structure for RA's should be.

Last edited by CokeandTaco; Jan 19, 2012 at 5:01 pm Reason: more info
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
she saying that you get 50% Plat bonus AND 50% RA bonus?? ..totaling 100% bonus points??
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Dear Priority Club

I will be staying at the IC Bora Bora. I will be inclined to spend a LOT more than originally intended in booze, food and spa if you give me 10 points per dollar spent. You will make a LOT more money.

Hugs and Kisses,
iamthehpt
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Dear Priority Club

I will be staying at the IC Bora Bora. I will be inclined to spend a LOT more than originally intended in booze, food and spa if you give me 10 points per dollar spent. You will make a LOT more money.

Hugs and Kisses,
iamthehpt

Dear iamthehpt

Unfortunately unable to confirm that IC Bora Bora will be changing to points per $ spent. Please forward dates of your planned visit so that I can instruct hotel to clear all booze from minibar.

Hugs and Kisses
Priority Club
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: UA GS
I'm new to traveling often for work. I'll be spending 24 nights in Shenzhen and was going to book the Intercontinental. However, after seeing I will only get 2000 points, does it make more sense to stay at the Westin instead? I'll be spending about $6000 at the hotel and that is a lot of points to miss out on.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
PCR, any word on international properties soon?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryder1650
I'm new to traveling often for work. I'll be spending 24 nights in Shenzhen and was going to book the Intercontinental. However, after seeing I will only get 2000 points, does it make more sense to stay at the Westin instead? I'll be spending about $6000 at the hotel and that is a lot of points to miss out on.
You can "hotel hop" if you do not mind that. Check out the Promotion Discussion thread to see how this practice would greatly enhance your ability to earn lots of points.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
After spending $700 at an IC in Europe (and just spent another $1000 at another), I have to say a change to international IC's can't come fast enough. Please PC, add international IC's to the 10pts/$...

PS. Yes I know I only earn 2K/stay, but am banking on the qualifying IC stays for RA requal.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I was pleased to get the points for the food and drink I purchased at the IC Toronto Centre following a recent stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.