Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

PC Q1 Promo (January 23 through April 30) - Earn Double Points or Double Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PC Q1 Promo (January 23 through April 30) - Earn Double Points or Double Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:40 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Since this promotion is not yet officially announced, I assume the code is not available right now.

As difficult as it might be - I think we simply have to wait until the offical launch day has come
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by junipermike
You can only get the double if your first stay is at a Candlewood or Staybridge? That has got to be one of the strangest requirements I've seen in a while.
Actually all of PC's promos requiring a second stay for the bonuses to kick in have granted the first stay at Candlewood or Staybridge to work.

Yes, logic would have guessed correctly......it is unlikely that I would stay at either. My half-human side is laughing.

Spock Seat. @:-)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spock Seat
Actually all of PC's promos requiring a second stay for the bonuses to kick in have granted the first stay at Candlewood or Staybridge to work.
And the reason that it's double from the first stay only at these two brands is because these brands give you half the points or variable miles that other brands do. So getting double at Candlewood or Staybridge, with either points or most miles, is like getting normal at Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Express, etc. (Of course, IC is in its own separate world, with flat earnings for everything.)

The reason to stay at Candlewood or Staybridge during such a promo: If you (as a US-based PC member) collect one of the (overseas) airlines that give flat miles, such as AC or BA which give 500 miles per stay (except at Express where BA only gives 100!), then you can earn double of those flat miles on your first cheap 1-night stay. (Then, if it's something else you're after, change your earnings preference for the rest of the stays.)

But it only makes sense for flat miles.

Until recently, it also therefore made sense with Southwest or Airtran, but Southwest and Airtran no longer participate in Priority Club, despite Airtran still being on this list:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...s/airline.html
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:28 pm

*SIGH*

I've just wasted 20 minutes of my life trying to figure this promo out. The tentcard for this promo is in my hotel room...so yeah, it's supposed to be official. This is a case of the right hand not talking to the left. There are a lot of intelligent people out there who could have handled this properly and actually need jobs. So, Carolyn, please fix this. IHG is really a circus sometimes...and if Hilton would get a clue on how to compete with IHG on points overall, I'd jump over to them in a heartbeat. I'm so tired of Holiday Inn Expresses and Holiday Inns...if you've stayed at a Hilton property lately, you know what I'm talking about. Ranting here...but I don't give a #### and I'm fed up.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Guess I'll just keep waiting and checking FT then.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
At least it gives everyone something to talk about :-)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by rynothedyno
I've just wasted 20 minutes of my life trying to figure this promo out. The tentcard for this promo is in my hotel room...so yeah, it's supposed to be official. This is a case of the right hand not talking to the left. There are a lot of intelligent people out there who could have handled this properly and actually need jobs. So, Carolyn, please fix this. IHG is really a circus sometimes...and if Hilton would get a clue on how to compete with IHG on points overall, I'd jump over to them in a heartbeat. I'm so tired of Holiday Inn Expresses and Holiday Inns...if you've stayed at a Hilton property lately, you know what I'm talking about. Ranting here...but I don't give a #### and I'm fed up.
Perhaps the premature hotel you stayed in is balanced out by the hotels that (at least unitl a few weeks ago) still had the Sweet Dilema poster up.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Registration for the Q1 double points promo just worked for me at this link:
http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...offerCode=2837

Promo code is 2837.

Email confirmation was sent immediately for "DOUBLE POINTS OR MILES '12"
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:38 pm
Suspended

+1^Thank You very much Barbi!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Interesting. If you go through www.priorityclub.com/double you end up with code 6652
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM

Promo code is 2837.

This finally worked ^
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by perthite
Interesting. If you go through www.priorityclub.com/double you end up with code 6652
Just tried that one also (hoping for quadruple) and somehow it knows:

According to our records, you are already registered for this offer.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:45 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Originally Posted by perthite
Just tried that one also (hoping for quadruple) and somehow it knows:

According to our records, you are already registered for this offer.
There are often more than one code for these promos, but they are all for the same thing (I guess to help IHG know where someone found the code).
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold

Promo code is 2837.

same here, thanx to BarbiJKM ^

Thank You For Registering
This email has been sent to confirm that you have been successfully registered for the promotion outlined below.
Promotion:

DOUBLE POINTS OR MILES '12
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

Promo code is 2837.

worked for me also....thanks....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.