Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by skitchen
I agree with the last few comments above.

It is a worthwhile card to have and I definitely get my use out of it. To me it’s certainly worth the £99 annual fee and as someone said above if you use your free night on an expensive stay (I’ve used this years on IC in NYC which was about $350) then along with the additional points etc it’s worth it in my opinion.

admittedly, creation do have their faults and are certainly not the best company to deal with. Try reading their reviews on Trustpilot, that makes interesting reading! I’ve had issues with points not posting etc but it’s usually sorted out either by them or the IHG call centre. I did have a complaint where I ended up having to escalate it to the financial ombudsman as creation were clearly in the wrong but were adamant they weren’t. The ombudsman agreed with me though so in the end Creation had to cough up. Despite that though, the rewards outweigh the issues in my view.
I don't check how many point Creation send me. Is this a mistake?!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by enox5
I don't check how many point Creation send me. Is this a mistake?!
Yes it is a mistake. You should have a rough idea about how many points you are due. If the difference is too huge, make sure you contact them. Within a few hundreds points you may just let it go. But sometimes it can be several hundreds points difference.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
Yes it is a mistake. You should have a rough idea about how many points you are due. If the difference is too huge, make sure you contact them. Within a few hundreds points you may just let it go. But sometimes it can be several hundreds points difference.
Thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by enox5
I got mine in the following statement
thanks for that.
As of this weekend my total spend so far (not including fee) passed £200 and I can already see via the creation myaccount side that the points have been added there,so as you say I'll get them at the statement date when they transfer over.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:42 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows this.

I currently have the white IHG card ATM, but I was looking at upgrading to the £99 black.

i got the 10k bonus points about 10 months ago via the white card, so if I now got the black card, would I be eligible for the 20k sign up bonus?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Historically they've treated the two cards as separate products so you should be fine to receive the sign-up bonus - I certainly did before, albeit that was a couple of years ago.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tw33ty

I currently have the white IHG card ATM, but I was looking at upgrading to the £99 black.

i got the 10k bonus points about 10 months ago via the white card, so if I now got the black card, would I be eligible for the 20k sign up bonus?
I also got two bonuses as well, but the credit limit they gave me on the second card was ridiculously low
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I have had a reply back from creation regarding my query for not getting 4 X points for my foreign spend, the first email said which transaction?, even though i had already told them, the second email advised i had my points allocated
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Tw33ty

Yes. You will get the bonus

I did the same thing
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
After cancelling this card a while back due to Creation's infuriating customer support, I ended up opening another one because the lure of the annual free night was too great. However, perhaps it was a mistake because already they've started regularly blocking the card again. Since their call centre is closed more hours each day than it's open, it's extremely frustrating as there's then no way to unblock the card without calling them. I even tried going down the lost/stolen route on the phone (the only one available after 8pm...) and was told no they can't reactivate a blocked card, you just have to wait until morning. Anyone have any tips on not getting the card blocked/reactivating it? Or is it just a case of get the free night each year then stop using it asap?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver

A word of warning to those who have a free night waiting to be used - keep checking it hasn’t been removed. I passed my £10k spend in January and the voucher was awarded promptly. I logged in tonight to make up a booking using it and the voucher is no longer there. A call to creation yielded nothing, they say they cannot help and heaven only knows what sort of nonsense I’ll get from IHG customer care.

This is card really isn’t worth the time and effort it takes to sort out the continual cock ups
adobbing and BarneyMcGrew like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by scottish minnie

A word of warning to those who have a free night waiting to be used - keep checking it hasn’t been removed. I passed my £10k spend in January and the voucher was awarded promptly. I logged in tonight to make up a booking using it and the voucher is no longer there. A call to creation yielded nothing, they say they cannot help and heaven only knows what sort of nonsense I’ll get from IHG customer care.

This is card really isn’t worth the time and effort it takes to sort out the continual cock ups
The certificate is only awarded on the statement after your account anniversary date. Did you sign up for the card in a previous December/January?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Hi

yes, anniversary is late January so it should be there.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
Hi

yes, anniversary is late January so it should be there.
Bizarre then. If it it was in your IHG account that would suggest Creation have done their bit and the problem is on the IHG side?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by voodoofish
After cancelling this card a while back due to Creation's infuriating customer support, I ended up opening another one because the lure of the annual free night was too great. However, perhaps it was a mistake because already they've started regularly blocking the card again. Since their call centre is closed more hours each day than it's open, it's extremely frustrating as there's then no way to unblock the card without calling them. I even tried going down the lost/stolen route on the phone (the only one available after 8pm...) and was told no they can't reactivate a blocked card, you just have to wait until morning. Anyone have any tips on not getting the card blocked/reactivating it? Or is it just a case of get the free night each year then stop using it asap?
They blocked my card after a £10 payment to GiffGaff! Only solution is to grin and bear bit

As travel hackers, some pain is always part of deal..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.