Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by smala01
Just adding to the woe. I cancelled my card after the anniversary date but before the statement creation date on the advice of the very clued up agent about 5 weeks ago (i wanted to avoid a second years fee but still wanted the free night voucher). However unsurprisingly, the free night has not credited and also the points for the last month have gone across as ZERO.

Raised a complaint this morning after getting the usual fob off that its all IHG`s fault. I asked who the product owner was (someone called Jason) and had them email him a copy of the complaint.

Based on peoples experience here this is going to be like pulling teeth. The customer service at Creation is nothing short of useless.
Drop me an email and I will tell you who can fix it.

This is the exact position you need to follow to get the voucher - http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/07...ight-question/
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Drop me an email and I will tell you who can fix it.

This is the exact position you need to follow to get the voucher - http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/07...ight-question/
Thanks @Raffles - I wish i saw this earlier.

As it happens the night has finally been credited after several phone calls / complaints / very forceful conversations. In one conversation the "team manager" refused to open a complaint because their position was its all IHG`s "fault".

Also to add to your article, if you cancel the card before the final months points move to IHG then they will be forfeited - the statement actually shows "zero points transferred". I can find no line in the T&C`s that state this, but its something to be aware of.

I would STRONGLY advise anyone who values their time to think twice about getting this card.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
As an update I took my issue to the Financial Services Ombudsman and my complaint was 100% upheld, with the Ombudsman's correspondence with Creation showing their frustration and their inability to explain what was going on. Specifically there was no correlation between the points being transferred in Creations records and the points received on my IHG account.
The upshot is my complaint has been 100% upheld and some redress made. In the correspondence Creation did confirm they have had issues with their systems and were working to resolve it.
Thought this might be of interest to others who are struggling with Creation.
the_real_a likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:51 am

Online account not working

Out in Australia at the moment and online account has been down for maintenance for the last 24hrs.

Is anyone having same problems in the UK as I don't want to phone Creation at 60p/min.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Faethepit
Out in Australia at the moment and online account has been down for maintenance for the last 24hrs.

Is anyone having same problems in the UK as I don't want to phone Creation at 60p/min.
I've been getting the same message for the last 24 hours.

I'd hope they would have developed an app by now.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I've been getting the same message for the last 24 hours.

I'd hope they would have developed an app by now.

Thanks. Was just getting a bit worried in case I was hacked.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
No issues this evening (UK time), did find it was up and down a bit on Thurs.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:17 am

Free night email

Got to hand it to this lot. Free night credited at the end of the July and a congratulations you’ve earned a free night for spending £10k email mid October
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by chrism20
Got to hand it to this lot. Free night credited at the end of the July and a congratulations you’ve earned a free night for spending £10k email mid October
Ditto. I was hoping it was an extra one!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Same here, received the email a few weeks ago and hoped another applied to account, but sadly not. On the upside was totally painless to redeem it on IHG site.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Yes, I got quite excited for a moment.

Then in typical creation/IHG style there was deflation
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Can anyone tell me where the free night cert should appear within my account in IHG.com?

I haven't ha it awarded yet but I can't see where it would go on the left hand side options.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by phunc
Can anyone tell me where the free night cert should appear within my account in IHG.com?

I haven't ha it awarded yet but I can't see where it would go on the left hand side options.
You should have a menu item "free night status" in the left hand navigational panel. It appears above "Upcoming Reservations"
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Just got a IHG premium card and before using it have some real concerns about this product.

1. Card came with my name as Miss rather than Mr
2. Wife's card could not be registered and PIN number did not work.
3. Registering on line was one of the most painful experiences with IT of 2017.
4. Cannot download transaction data to finance package???? I can print but creation does not appear on the list of financial institutions offering direct access and auto download. I cannot locate any method to do so manually.

Am I unlucky or is this card as bad as it appears?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by binman
Just got a IHG premium card and before using it have some real concerns about this product.

1. Card came with my name as Miss rather than Mr
2. Wife's card could not be registered and PIN number did not work.
3. Registering on line was one of the most painful experiences with IT of 2017.
4. Cannot download transaction data to finance package???? I can print but creation does not appear on the list of financial institutions offering direct access and auto download. I cannot locate any method to do so manually.

Am I unlucky or is this card as bad as it appears?
welcome to Creation!

Use it until you trigger whatever offer you’re aiming for then drop it like a hot stone!

They are without exception a bunch of morons, don’t attempt to speak to them, it isn’t worth the hassle.
Use only written communication, which can be used to support your inevitable complaint to the banking ombudsman.

Oh and as a bonus expect IHG to set you accelerate challenges, based on using the card, long after you have destroyed it!

Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.