IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rumbataz
First negative for me with Creation: customer service is not open at weekends. I bought a few fairly pricey products online yesterday and it several transactions were declined even though I passed the SecureCode check and had a huge credit limit of which only 1% had been used so far.

Not to self: only order stuff online during weekdays and during office hours!

Having said that, I'm generally happy with Creation. The staff appear to be UK-based and are friendly and polite.
I've just applied for the White card (to get the bonus points) and it states the customer service details are Feel free to contact us online any time at https://www.creation.co.uk/contact-us, or to speak with someone from our Service Team call: 0371 512 1968.

Our opening hours are:

Monday 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Tuesday 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Bank Holidays 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Well todays update, a complaint from 3 March was finally responded to (well outwith the required time). Because of my work situation I asked for the response also to be copied to me by email.....so I get the email telling me their final response is attached and also advising me of my rights to go to the Ombudsman.

Just one final fly in the ointment..... they did not attach the response.

So I now have to wait until they do attach it (I have emailed them) - probably take another 3 months so maybe better to wait until I stagger back to the UK.

Clearly Creation are struggling to deliver an appropriate service, nice selection of new partner (not) IHG
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Well todays update, a complaint from 3 March was finally responded to (well outwith the required time). Because of my work situation I asked for the response also to be copied to me by email.....so I get the email telling me their final response is attached and also advising me of my rights to go to the Ombudsman.

Just one final fly in the ointment..... they did not attach the response.

So I now have to wait until they do attach it (I have emailed them) - probably take another 3 months so maybe better to wait until I stagger back to the UK.

Clearly Creation are struggling to deliver an appropriate service, nice selection of new partner (not) IHG
I wonder whether they allocate customer services based on alphabetical details, as some on here seem to have no issues.
I on the other hand have similarly found Creation to be a complete bunch of morons.
I no longer use the card and will probably cancel before renewal time.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
My final missing IHG points from April statement have posted [following my talk with Barclaycard last week].
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
My Creation IHG card is now back in a locked drawer, will not use again.

Back to using MBNA & a new Miles & More card, will keep my 80k miles valid.

Had a stay last week at Indigo, thought about using the IHG card for the double points but since they have never posted correct in the past and I've yet to get any reply to online messages I thought better of it.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by pmcg
My Creation IHG card is now back in a locked drawer, will not use again.

Back to using MBNA & a new Miles & More card, will keep my 80k miles valid.

Had a stay last week at Indigo, thought about using the IHG card for the double points but since they have never posted correct in the past and I've yet to get any reply to online messages I thought better of it.
Worth considering the Virgin Atlantic card from MBNA, decent sign up bonus and virgin allows you to "convert" their miles into several hotel reward schemes points including IHG and Hilton.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Card just been declined again with online shopping, can't call them up because they're closed. Not what I expect from a card charging 99/year for the 'privilege' of having it. It's costing them more to take the calls from me to re-activate the card than they're saving in fraud (since so far there's been no fraud so blocking my card saves them nothing). I can't understand why IHG put their brand on something by a company that can't even give you a card you can trust to use to pay for things.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:13 am

And today's update
Despite sending them IHG account screenshots in March the response says
The following were credited to your account
You earned x points Dec-Mar (individual dates specified) - no I earned them my statement from Creation shows them but where on the screenshots of my IHG account can you see them......so three months no further forward except an offer of 50
AND
An admission they are having issues reconciling IHG points.

I have resent the screenshots asked them where exactly they can see the points on my IHG account and as they've also advised me this is their final answer and I can go to the ombudsman if I don't like it they've got until Friday or that's where I'm going. It's over 40k of points so I won't give up but I can't abide someone claiming they've thoroughly investigated something but haven't
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
And today's update
Despite sending them IHG account screenshots in March the response says
The following were credited to your account
You earned x points Dec-Mar (individual dates specified) - no I earned them my statement from Creation shows them but where on the screenshots of my IHG account can you see them......so three months no further forward except an offer of 50
AND
An admission they are having issues reconciling IHG points.

I have resent the screenshots asked them where exactly they can see the points on my IHG account and as they've also advised me this is their final answer and I can go to the ombudsman if I don't like it they've got until Friday or that's where I'm going. It's over 40k of points so I won't give up but I can't abide someone claiming they've thoroughly investigated something but haven't
Is this Barclays or Creation? I'm getting confused with the discussion going between the two still.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Is this Barclays or Creation? I'm getting confused with the discussion going between the two still.
Creation sorry
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:17 am

Canceling Creation Premium Card after 1st year

Anyone cancelled their Creation Premium Card yet to avoid the 99 fee for the second year and still got the free night cert?

Been going back and forth with customer services for a few weeks with no clarity. Got an email saying it "shouldnt" affect the free night cert if I cancel the card on the last day of the year. But you never know... Creation are difficult to deal with in terms of customer support, and I don't want to have to spend weeks chasing.

Also there is no option to downgrade to the free card. You have to cancel and then reapply.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by boonkoh
Anyone cancelled their Creation Premium Card yet to avoid the 99 fee for the second year and still got the free night cert?

Been going back and forth with customer services for a few weeks with no clarity. Got an email saying it "shouldnt" affect the free night cert if I cancel the card on the last day of the year. But you never know... Creation are difficult to deal with in terms of customer support, and I don't want to have to spend weeks chasing.

Also there is no option to downgrade to the free card. You have to cancel and then reapply.
I thought the card was only released on the 5th of July so it's impossible for anyone to be in that situation. I guess you'll have to take one for the team and let us know.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA
Anyone know how to cancel the Creation card and get the free night stay that comes after the 10,000 spend
Ive just hit my 10,000 spend target on the IHG Rewards card for the free night stay that credits on the annverisary which is July 22nd . I spoke to 2 people on the phone from Creation to try and get some info on not using the card in the second year but getting the reward night to credit my account . They were adament that I would be charged 99 if I don’t cancel before the 22nd of July , the only option to avoid getting charged again was to cancel and therefore surrender ever getting that voucher . He was making out that the free night voucher is a perk of taking out the card for the second year . Can anyone confirm about this , he was saying what I was trying to do was to find a loop hole that doesn’t exist . I said that if I didn’t use the card after the 22nd then they can’t charge me , he said that they would and that I wouldn’t be able to get it back in anyway
Starting to feel like I wasted a lot of spending on this card trying to get a perk that seems to be out of reach
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Scottydogg
Anyone know how to cancel the Creation card and get the free night stay that comes after the 10,000 spend
Ive just hit my 10,000 spend target on the IHG Rewards card for the free night stay that credits on the annverisary which is July 22nd . I spoke to 2 people on the phone from Creation to try and get some info on not using the card in the second year but getting the reward night to credit my account . They were adament that I would be charged 99 if I dont cancel before the 22nd of July , the only option to avoid getting charged again was to cancel and therefore surrender ever getting that voucher . He was making out that the free night voucher is a perk of taking out the card for the second year . Can anyone confirm about this , he was saying what I was trying to do was to find a loop hole that doesnt exist . I said that if I didnt use the card after the 22nd then they cant charge me , he said that they would and that I wouldnt be able to get it back in anyway
Starting to feel like I wasted a lot of spending on this card trying to get a perk that seems to be out of reach
I know it isnt much help but this is the wording for the free night in the t and c's, to see if you can pick anything out of it

Free night voucher: On the anniversary of your account opening, so long as your account remains active, you will earn one free night voucher to redeem at any IHG property, provided you make annual Purchases totalling a minimum of 10,000. Annual purchases are calculated from your account opening date to the day before the first anniversary, and thereafter on an annual basis. This offer is subject to your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card account remaining in good order.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
My approach (and I'm planning on keeping the card so I won't be able to try it out myself) would be to make sure I put no further spending through from one week prior to the anniversary date (in case the transactions take a while to post). In this way you can clearly say you have received no benefit from the card and as such request a full refund of the 99 annual fee if they try to charge it, stating that you have only kept the account open to fulfil the T&Cs of the free night voucher (you could always drop them a secure message in advance to put this in writing). If they then refused to refund the year 2 fee I would advise them to reconsider or you will take the case to the FOS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.