IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
April statement points posted to IHG - again missing bonus for the two HIX stays [and yet they were the only two transactions on the card]...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Have to say the experience of Creation Customer Service is just simply terrible.

Back in March when my hotel stays and foreign spend didn't trigger the double points I called to query this.
Was told I'd have to speak to IHG as "they give the points".
I queried this and eventually got put on hold for 20 minutes after which I was told a manager had investigated and I would hear from them in 5 days, still waiting.
Latest statement and again no double points, I've given up on this one for now.

Last Thursday I noticed two "pending" payments for around £600 each to Airtickets & Gotogate that I knew nothing about.
Called immediately and after 35 minutes on hold got someone to cancel my card and was told a new card will be sent and the fraud department will be in touch with me.
Almost a week later and even after me calling them another two times no one has been in touch, the transactions have now moved onto my April statement which I find bizarre given I called them when they showed as pending!

No doubt whoever booked tickets will now have flown these.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by pmcg
Have to say the experience of Creation Customer Service is just simply terrible.

Back in March when my hotel stays and foreign spend didn't trigger the double points I called to query this.
Was told I'd have to speak to IHG as "they give the points".
I queried this and eventually got put on hold for 20 minutes after which I was told a manager had investigated and I would hear from them in 5 days, still waiting.
Latest statement and again no double points, I've given up on this one for now.

Last Thursday I noticed two "pending" payments for around £600 each to Airtickets & Gotogate that I knew nothing about.
Called immediately and after 35 minutes on hold got someone to cancel my card and was told a new card will be sent and the fraud department will be in touch with me.
Almost a week later and even after me calling them another two times no one has been in touch, the transactions have now moved onto my April statement which I find bizarre given I called them when they showed as pending!

No doubt whoever booked tickets will now have flown these.
That is terrible to hear, pmcg, about your horrible experience with creation. Hubby applied a new IHG premium card with them, and there were supposed to be 40K bonus after spending, but so far they only gave 20K. He has emailed them - we will wait and see. If they are no good then he will likely to cancel the card next year.
Hope you get those unauthorised spending amounts rectified soon.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by A1pax
That is terrible to hear, pmcg, about your horrible experience with creation. Hubby applied a new IHG premium card with them, and there were supposed to be 40K bonus after spending, but so far they only gave 20K. He has emailed them - we will wait and see. If they are no good then he will likely to cancel the card next year.
Hope you get those unauthorised spending amounts rectified soon.
They've told me that the extra 20,000 points are added 8 weeks after hitting the £200 spend threshold. I won't hold my breath
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by happeemonkee
They've told me that the extra 20,000 points are added 8 weeks after hitting the £200 spend threshold. I won't hold my breath
Thanks, happeemonkee, for this info. We will wait for another 8 weeks and see ... I will report back.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Like you, I noticed only 20k points posted. I had cause to call Creation due to login issues so mentioned it to them and they advised that the extra 20k are a bonus and hence post a few weeks after the initial 20k. My experience with the Marriott card also by creation has been pretty good overall so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here, at least for now...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
In fairness the message on that front (bonus 10k or 20k for white or black card) has been totally consistent between many of us that have contacted them so I remain hopeful they'll post OK.

Although they have been slow to respond to a couple of messages I sent them, they post the points promptly for me every month (the day before the statement is generated) and my IHG status updated immediately upon successful card application. I'm waiting to see if the free night cert is posted correctly at the end of 12 months, but so far they've actually been OK from what I've seen. Sadly nowhere near Barclaycard's league for generous compensation though!!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
As per my previous post, although I have had the 20k points credited very quickly from my £200 + spend on my black premium Creation Mastercard, the 10k points on my white card which I used 2 weeks before the black card, are still nowhere to be seen. However, since my (unanswered) complaint by secure message, I notice today that the points earned have mysteriously increased to 20k! That is very unexpected and good news, but it would be even better if they would credit the points sometime soon!!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Logged onto the Barclaycard website and noticed that my IHG card has now changed into the plain vanilla Barclaycard platinum Visa card.
I expect the plastic to arrive shortly so that I can put it away in a drawer!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by adobbing
Logged onto the Barclaycard website and noticed that my IHG card has now changed into the plain vanilla Barclaycard platinum Visa card.
I expect the plastic to arrive shortly so that I can put it away in a drawer!
Same here - I think it was two days ago.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I logged on to Creations website and it says I've earned 20k and will have the other 20k (I have the black card) after the next statement, so it looks like I will get 20k in 4 weeks and the next 20k in 8 weeks
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I was platinum already for this year, after taking the black creation card obv I got the email to say I would be platinum, which I assumed was a standard email, this was in March, just realised after looking at my account on a PC that I am platinum until 31 Dec 2018, thought they would have just updated it for 12 months forward
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:49 pm

My Barclaycard one has updated in apple pay this morning and a few hundred points also posted to my account yesterday.

Not sure what they are for or why. Will have a look at the statement over the next few days and see if it can make any sense.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
I have received a goodwill payment of £50 which will show on my final May statement. I presume this is is the promised pro rata £99 refund of the annual fee? They had already credited me with £33 as I demanded the whole fee back and £250 for loss of free night. My final good will payment from Barclaycard! I will miss them.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
It's going to be a real pain switching over from the IHG Barclaycard. It's my credit card everywhere!

I haven't decided whether to go for the Creation card yet, as I'm thinking about the Emirates card instead. Not too impressed with IHG at the moment with loss of benefits at my regular hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.