Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by igc324
Wow!! A phone call from Hazel at the Executive Office 10 minutes after emailing the CEO - offering the full £99 fee refunded. £33 immediately to my credit card and the standard £66 refund on the May statement.

AND a further £250.00 goodwill payment for the loss of my free night. Result!

Disappointed now that I spent my £10k already this year :-)
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Raffles
Disappointed now that I spent my £10k already this year :-)
You and me both!

Got back yesterday from overseas trip to find the letter had arrived. Off again on Saturday for three weeks. As all flights and hotels for both self and colleague for both trips are on this card, that's my £10k spent since the card was renewed last month.

With my bmi cards just shut and now this, what next? But I know a site where I can research my next card
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by igc324
Wow!! A phone call from Hazel at the Executive Office 10 minutes after emailing the CEO - offering the full £99 fee refunded. £33 immediately to my credit card and the standard £66 refund on the May statement.

AND a further £250.00 goodwill payment for the loss of my free night. Result!

My negotiations still haven't concluded but for a company who keep saying they they are acting within the terms and conditions of the account they are dolling money out like it's confetti and folding the minute you make it official.

What are are we missing with this?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I'm slightly gutted I only had the free ihg barclaycard!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:38 pm

Hubby had the free IHG barclays card - so he is gold (which is not much). He cancelled it as he did not want the free barclays card. Today he received an offer from IHG for the £99 card with 40K and platinum, or the free card with 20K and gold.

Since I am the one who is behind all the point and status game, I am trying to decide if hubby should apply for the £99 card or the free card again. One big drawback with IHG platinum is no breakfast - unlike Hilton gold and Marriott gold.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by A1pax
Hubby had the free IHG barclays card - so he is gold (which is not much). He cancelled it as he did not want the free barclays card. Today he received an offer from IHG for the £99 card with 40K and platinum, or the free card with 20K and gold.

Since I am the one who is behind all the point and status game, I am trying to decide if hubby should apply for the £99 card or the free card again. One big

drawback with IHG platinum is no breakfast - unlike Hilton gold and Marriott gold.
I guess it's how much the points are worth to you, I'm only a leisure traveller, 40k in points is 10k short for a

night at CP London City which I like to stay at, I wouldn't get a night with cash for £99 (unless I was very lucky), it would cost you more than £99 to buy 40k points even at 100% free. The cash and points trick can get you 20k points for roughly £100...if you get the £99 card you get twice as many points as you would
normally both on normal spend and getting 50% ihg points bonus on hotel stays and you may be lucky and score some upgrades...just some things for you to consider

​​​​​​​ofc the above 40k points situation is only for the first year, but no harm in cancelling it after 12 months
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Saral
I guess it's how much the points are worth to you, I'm only a leisure traveller, 40k in points is 10k short for a

night at CP London City which I like to stay at, I wouldn't get a night with cash for £99 (unless I was very lucky), it would cost you more than £99 to buy 40k points even at 100% free. The cash and points trick can get you 20k points for roughly £100...if you get the £99 card you get twice as many points as you would
normally both on normal spend and getting 50% ihg points bonus on hotel stays and you may be lucky and score some upgrades...just some things for you to consider

​​​​​​​ofc the above 40k points situation is only for the first year, but no harm in cancelling it after 12 months
Thanks, Saral, for your thoughts. Worth considering. Hubby won't worry one way or the other - so I will have to decide.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrism20
My negotiations still haven't concluded but for a company who keep saying they they are acting within the terms and conditions of the account they are dolling money out like it's confetti and folding the minute you make it official.

What are are we missing with this?
How badly Barclaycard want rid of you as a customer, chrism20? I mean they've gone to the extent of closing the whole card after having to pay you thousands every month (sorry, couldn't resist - was sad I didn't have the card to complain, but just got a nice chunk of compensation on the Hilton card instead for the 10k sign-up points not arriving, so still living the #BarclaycardCompensationLife!)
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
One thing is puzzling me - Barclaycard say that they will refund (pro rata, but not in my case - see above) the £99 fee on the May statement. But what happens if you cancel before then? After all, you only get IHG points until 20 April and the card itself finishes on 26 April. My statement date is usually around 15/16th of the month so I will get a statement on 15/16 April and the final one on 15/16 May. I doubt if I will be using the IHG Premium Barclaycard at all as I now have a non-fee Creation Mastercard.

I can see my last statement in May being in credit by the £66 refunded fee. If the account is closed how do I get my hands on the refund? If I don't cancel they send me a Barclaycard Platinum credit card. I don't want it.

Last edited by igc324; Mar 16, 2017 at 2:18 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Through secure messaging system got offered full refund of £99 fee and £150 compensation. As my new card year only started on 21 Feb I've accepted that as fair.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
My correspondence with Barclaycard seems to have got stuck in their complaints system - their tracking system shows it was registered on the 9th and allocated to somebody on the 14th but had no response back so far.

In the meantime, IHG sent me an email for Creation cards today but most of the email was blank with non-working links.

Seems like IHG, Barclays and Creation are ideal partners in terms of service.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
How badly Barclaycard want rid of you as a customer, chrism20? I mean they've gone to the extent of closing the whole card after having to pay you thousands every month (sorry, couldn't resist - was sad I didn't have the card to complain, but just got a nice chunk of compensation on the Hilton card instead for the 10k sign-up points not arriving, so still living the #BarclaycardCompensationLife!)
Haha, I think I've peaked at £524, don't think I can push them that much further tbh.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I still haven't even got a response to my email on 8 March!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
My advice to anyone who has not yet contacted Barclaycard and made a complaint is to go direct to the EO or CEO via email and do not settle for any less than £300.
Can anyone confirm the EO / CEO email address?

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
Can anyone confirm the EO / CEO email address?

Thanks.
Have sent you a PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.