Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Yes also for me....I went via the IHG main site offers page.....I tried 3 or 4 times .... nothing looked wrong but got same error as you each time.
Same here. Were either of you targeted for the offer?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Lawro
Same here. Were either of you targeted for the offer?
No not this time, I tend to get all the offers etc but nothing targeted.....I saw the Barc letter and then asked folks on here about the Creation one and then went to IHG pages and offers.

Mind I'm thinking now if I was logged into my account at the time....not 100% sure
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
I would imagine that IHG have list of members who held the Barclays issued card and will probably pass it onto Creation to prospect.
I already have the Premium IHG Creation card from when it launched last year, I recall a generous sign up bonus for the premium version but can't recall what it was then.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
No response from the executive office as yet, just a holding reply.

i already have the creation card, but the 40k bonus points offer for taking it out is showing as a message in my IHG app - worth checking.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by parklife
No response from the executive office as yet, just a holding reply.

i already have the creation card, but the 40k bonus points offer for taking it out is showing as a message in my IHG app - worth checking.
My first reply from EO took 26 mins, the second took 4 mins - seriously 4 mins.

I haven't received a reply to the third yet which is about three hours.

They have until 4pm when the sunbathing for the day ends.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by chrism20
My first reply from EO took 26 mins, the second took 4 mins - seriously 4 mins.

I haven't received a reply to the third yet which is about three hours.

They have until 4pm when the sunbathing for the day ends.
Time for a chaser then! They have had my email for 48 hours!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:14 am

I have never had the Barclaycard version and have the Creation IHG ever since it came out. So I'm surprised I'm targeted for getting a card I already have.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by steve1975l
I have never had the Barclaycard version and have the Creation IHG ever since it came out. So I'm surprised I'm targeted for getting a card I already have.
Did you really expect them to be sophisticated enough to figure that out, this is IHG rewards club?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Atacama40
No not this time, I tend to get all the offers etc but nothing targeted.....I saw the Barc letter and then asked folks on here about the Creation one and then went to IHG pages and offers.

Mind I'm thinking now if I was logged into my account at the time....not 100% sure
I don't have either offer, just the bog standard offering. When I wasn't signed in the free card was advertised, when I signed in it changed to the premium card
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
Did you really expect them to be sophisticated enough to figure that out, this is IHG rewards club?
I hope they do as one of my accelerate targets was to use IHG card and it hasn't tracked and everything else has.

I don't think we can blame Creation for this one.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:51 pm

Creation offer also showing in my app. Have had the card since about a month after it was launched.

My discussions with Barclays are progressing well, however I have this evening declined their third offer and expect to hear from them again on Monday.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20
My discussions with Barclays are progressing well, however I have this evening declined their third offer and expect to hear from them again on Monday.
I heard Barclays have drafted in Kofi Annan specifically for that role, when IHG pulled the plug on them. ;-)
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
I heard Barclays have drafted in Kofi Annan specifically for that role, when IHG pulled the plug on them. ;-)
I don't even think he would get a result with this one
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Has anyone managed to cancel a Barclaycard? I have two Barclaycard accounts - a dormant one that Barclaycard encouraged me to keep open, but I never use, and the IHG one that will become useless in a couple of months. Eventually I'll want to cancel both of them.

I was wondering what the procedure for cancelling them is as BC customer services are extremely reluctant to do so, so I was wondering if there's an online method of cancelling a Barclaycard?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Has anyone managed to cancel a Barclaycard? I have two Barclaycard accounts - a dormant one that Barclaycard encouraged me to keep open, but I never use, and the IHG one that will become useless in a couple of months. Eventually I'll want to cancel both of them.

I was wondering what the procedure for cancelling them is as BC customer services are extremely reluctant to do so, so I was wondering if there's an online method of cancelling a Barclaycard?
You have to call them up and normally you go to different department. They then persuade you to stay and will offer you something to stay but just say I want to close it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.