IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Old Apr 6, 12, 1:28 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Oh well I think I spoke too soon. Just logged in and went to check my statement as my statement date was yesterday and it tells me "sorry statements are not available for viewing"

What a shambles. They encourage you to have online statements but you cannot view them??
Old Apr 6, 12, 1:58 am

Programs: Platinum Ambassador, HH Gold
I too am beginning to doubt the wisdom of taking up this offer.The time I have spent on the telephone or emailing far outwieghs any perceived benefit.
Old Apr 6, 12, 3:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by c2lass View Post
Oh well I think I spoke too soon. Just logged in and went to check my statement as my statement date was yesterday and it tells me "sorry statements are not available for viewing"

What a shambles. They encourage you to have online statements but you cannot view them??
That's mad! For the first time in a month I can now download mine!
Old Apr 6, 12, 4:04 am

It gets worse.....just been able to access my last two statements for the first time, thought I'd check the points calculation.....turns out I haven't been getting 4x points for IHG group spend. When I called (Barclays) they agreed in the end, said it would be fixed but couldn't say when. Won't be holding my breath.

May be worth checking your points calculation.
Old Apr 6, 12, 6:06 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy View Post
It gets worse.....just been able to access my last two statements for the first time, thought I'd check the points calculation.....turns out I haven't been getting 4x points for IHG group spend. When I called (Barclays) they agreed in the end, said it would be fixed but couldn't say when. Won't be holding my breath.

Just tried again as it is my points I want to check. Get the following message!

The following errors were found:
Statements are currently unavailable for download, please try again later. You will still be able to view your last 6 months transactions, payment due date and minimum payment amount on screen.
Old Apr 6, 12, 11:51 am

Programs: VS, Carlson/SPG/Marriott Gold VA/IHG/LeClub Platinum OZ/HH Diamond(+) BA Silver QF NB
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy:18345002

I'm certain I've not been getting 4x at IHG either. The on and mostly off availability of statements makes it difficult to check.

Still - hard to ascribe to conspiracy what could so easily be explained as further Barclaycard incompetence.
Old Apr 10, 12, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by adl73x View Post
I'm certain I've not been getting 4x at IHG either. The on and mostly off availability of statements makes it difficult to check.

Still - hard to ascribe to conspiracy what could so easily be explained as further Barclaycard incompetence.
My recent statement is now available to download and it show this month I did get the 4x points for IHG stays.^

Not going to complain about the missing previous months points (only about 2K) as I blagged the 40K points and got the fee refunded so don't want to rock the boat.

I'll keep the card open for a while-but will l definitely close-just before the annual fee kicks in -in the hope they offer me another free year to stay
Old Apr 11, 12, 1:34 am

Programs: Platinum Ambassador, HH Gold
Thats my plan as well. If they want me to keep this after one year, there must be a sweetener.
Old Apr 11, 12, 10:36 am

Anybody spent 10,000 and received the free night voucher yet? Is it usable in any IHG property? I can't find anything very specific about it anywhere.
Old Apr 12, 12, 4:10 am

Anybody spent 10,000 and received the free night voucher yet? Is it usable in any IHG property? I can't find anything very specific about it anywhere.
Not specific

and in theory will take 6-8 weeks to hit your account after the 10k spend
Old Apr 12, 12, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by blindman View Post
Not specific

and in theory will take 6-8 weeks to hit your account after the 10k spend
Thanks for that.

'The Free Night e-voucher is valid at hotels in the Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands'

Clearly its value is considerably greater if used at the Intercontinental Park Lane compared the the Neasden Holiday Inn. On re-reading though it's still not clear!
Old Apr 12, 12, 5:08 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Thanks for that.

'The Free Night e-voucher is valid at hotels in the Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands'

Clearly its value is considerably greater if used at the Intercontinental Park Lane compared the the Neasden Holiday Inn. On re-reading though it's still not clear!
Given that they go to the bother of specifically citing all-inclusive as being excluded, my expectation is that it's valid at all other hotels in the brand, otherwise they'd just say "at select/participating hotels"

I'll qualify in another 6 weeks or so. However given that its only valid for a year, and I'm looking to use it for a free night mid-June 2013 in bora bora, I might have to slow up.
Old Apr 16, 12, 4:39 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
The visa statement says 40,000 points are due in addition to my spend, and the 99 was refunded also.

So just waiting for the points to post, hopefully soon.
Old Apr 16, 12, 3:17 pm

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Yes, sadly this PC VISA card runs on the same rubbish Barclays IT system that the Hilton HHonors one uses - I used my experience with that one though to make sure I switched off paperless statements immediately upon first logging in to the online system, having known how flaky the system is. My 40k points posted promptly, but the refund of the 99 fee still hadn't posted after my 2nd statement, so I called them on Saturday and received a callback from a manager this afternoon saying the fee would credit within 3 days - checked online and it's already appeared ^

Anyone know how long after cancelling this card (which I'll undoubtedly do given it's not exactly the best earning card!) I can apply for the standard PC VISA and still receive the 10k sign-up bonus? Or is it a 'once per PC account' deal with the bonuses?
Old Apr 18, 12, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by blindman View Post
BTW
Mrs B just received her 99 fee refund^ Need to look out for the bonus when her statement gets made up. Hopefully it will be 40K

"She" applied 29th Feb usuing the /jan12 link.
Mrs B awarded 40K points^

Suppose she'll have to wait 8 weeks for them to hit her account

Good job we're not in a rush

Search this Thread
Search Engine: