IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Old Mar 13, 12, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Mrs Roger is not very happy with Barclays. (Who is? )

She's just received the e-mail saying her statement is ready. Logging on, she sees £0.00 and no transactions. Clearly beaulocks. She worked out that she needed to check the previous month's statement.

That statement shows points earned but there is no mention of the opening bonus. She's on her 3rd month now.

Also she can't print the statements, unlike any other PDF such as AmEx statements. The Barclays statement only downloads as read-only.

I don't think she will be there for the long term.
Old Mar 14, 12, 4:38 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I just realised that if you select the "download statement in pdf" below the online statement details, you get a breakdown of the points that have been accrued on that statement.

Confirms I got the 40K bonus, and also that i'm getting x4 for holiday-inn payments.
Old Mar 14, 12, 7:14 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Anyone got the bonus points
Old Mar 16, 12, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by xcalx View Post
Anyone got the bonus points

No sign of the bonus points - not received and not appearing in the two statements that I have downloaded which I have received post signing up. I'd imagine I am not alone. I'm going to leave it a few more weeks and see what strategy is the best to chase them up if I need to.
Old Mar 16, 12, 7:26 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
No bonus points here neither and none showing on statement.

Did have 368 points added to PC account on 14th March. Wondered what these were, just says PC base Visa. Our spend was more than that however after some analysis & deduction it is the points since the last statement credit to the date we switched to the black card.
Old Mar 16, 12, 2:44 pm

Programs: Platinum Ambassador, HH Gold
No refund of £99 and no points either.
So I rang them today, made my query and asked what was happening? I was asked how many points I was expecting and I said 40,000 as per letter. They told me that was wrong as they do not offer that much to 'old' customers. I told them that I had a letter in my hand saying they did!
Next stage is that a manager will look at it and ring me back.
4 hours later the manager had a clerk ring me back to say they will refund the £99 but they know nothing of the 40k points and if I want them I will have to prove it to them by sending them a copy of my letter.I have to photocopy the letter and send it to them with a letter of complaint. Of course, I said, I will do this but I will also be complaining that you are implying I am not telling the truth and making me prove I am. How do you think this makes me feel as a customer? I have also been unable to 'spend' those points and shall be including that point in my letter.

Last edited by Judgejudy; Mar 16, 12 at 2:45 pm Reason: too much JD
Old Mar 18, 12, 10:15 am

Following in my call I have been credited with the £99. It shows as Gesture of Goodwill. If anyone else has had their refund could you please tell me wht it said on your statement as this is reading as if they are doing me a favour returning it. Or am just getting shirty?!
Old Mar 18, 12, 10:26 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Judgejudy View Post
Following in my call I have been credited with the £99. It shows as Gesture of Goodwill. If anyone else has had their refund could you please tell me wht it said on your statement as this is reading as if they are doing me a favour returning it. Or am just getting shirty?!
Just checked my statement and it shows:

"Annual Fee Credited back"
Old Mar 18, 12, 10:31 am

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Old Mar 19, 12, 10:08 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Points showing on latest statement

Priority Club Black Points earned this month 2652
Priority Club Black Bonus Points earned this month 0
Priority Club Black Points adjusted this month 20000

The total shows as 23101 which includes the 449 points from the last statement that never made it to the PC account

Now the wait till they hit the PC account

Anyone have a link to the 40000 offer, I think I will have a battle on for the missing 20000
Old Mar 19, 12, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Judgejudy View Post
Thank you. Much appreciated.
I didn't realise the £99 was refundable on the 40000 offer. If so
Old Mar 19, 12, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Statement shows i earned 40000 points which is good news.

Little bit miffed that i had to pay £99 in the first place (if you do not pay it you risk interest being charged) only for them to credit it back. (surely its easier to just not charge it in the first place).

The card itself is not worth it (10k spend for a free night is not apertising enough).

The 15 month interest free balance transfers is tempting. i might spend several K on flights and holidays for next year and then transfer it over to pay it off in monthly payments.
Old Mar 19, 12, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
£10k for a free night could be attractive. The IC in Paris, NYC etc would be £200+ so you are getting a 2 per cent refund on your spend, on top of the standard points. The £99 fee negates this, clearly, but if you have 1 year fee free then it may be worth pushing on.
Old Mar 19, 12, 11:28 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Don't forget that for the 10K for a free night spend you'll also get at least 20K points, which is enough for another free night at some places or a long way towards a points and cash night at a CP that could be worth £200/£300.
Old Mar 20, 12, 5:23 am

My 40k bonus points are showing on 1st my statement, although have yet to be sent over to PC - how long does this usually take? From the feedback here, I gave PC a call to confirm I would receive a £99 credit next month.

The free night at £10k is appealing to me, does anyone know how long does this take to post to your account after reaching the spend threshold, and also how long is it valid for?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: