Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yep, chrism20 have certainly had our share of disagreements with Barclaycard! Good resolutions in the end though I think in both our cases - I just had an issue with my Hilton card run by them too, with incorrectly calculated points and missing bonus points - they've resolved this issue too.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Silver (clawing back to Gold!), Honours Gold, IHG Platinum, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond
FWIW - anyone having issues, do keep complaining and don't give up. I had a case opened, and ended up with £310 (£150 x 2 for lack of customer service, plus £10 to cover phone calls) in compensation. That isn't to say that things have improved (no spend tracker) since, but has made me more tolerant whilst they sort stuff out.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Tom Elliott
FWIW - anyone having issues, do keep complaining and don't give up. I had a case opened, and ended up with £310 (£150 x 2 for lack of customer service, plus £10 to cover phone calls) in compensation. That isn't to say that things have improved (no spend tracker) since, but has made me more tolerant whilst they sort stuff out.
Indeed, the phrase 'Give them hell' was made for barclaycard!

I've had more issues than just the migration however my totals at the moment are 135,000 points, around £800 cash and waiving of the annual fee.

Incidentally have they contacted anyone yet to tell them there is an issue with the retailer FAD codes for the hotels? They don't have all the details for all of the hotels PDQs and merchant numbers so they don't know which retailers (hotels in this case) should be generating double points.

This is what lead them to telling me that Hotel Indigo was not an IHG Hotel. The last time I spoke with the executive office was around the 27th or 28th November and they agreed then that the customers should be informed that there is an issue with the points generation.

To be honest I wouldn't even take your complaints through the call centre and I would just email the CEO direct.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I seem to recall my account resets around now but I can't see any way to see the exact date.

This is annoying as I have a £3k purchase to make and don't want to waste it by doing it against last year's 'spend'
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
60000 points now for signup
Not sure if it is targeted. My friend received an email. He has recently joined IHG

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...-_-PRIMARY_CTA

link does show 60000 points for sign up
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stanontour
60000 points now for signup
Not sure if it is targeted. My friend received an email. He has recently joined IHG

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...-_-PRIMARY_CTA

link does show 60000 points for sign up
also triple points on first spend

Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
There is no tripling of spend points. The "triple" refers to getting 60k sign-up bonus instead of the usual 20k. Reading the example in on the signup page confirms that you get the usual 2 points per £ for non-IHG spend.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Priority Club
I have just checked my IHG account (first time this year) and the only points listed are for hotel stays. There are no postings of credit card points at all, all history of past credit card points are missing.

Has anyone else come across this?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by metal212
I have just checked my IHG account (first time this year) and the only points listed are for hotel stays. There are no postings of credit card points at all, all history of past credit card points are missing.

Has anyone else come across this?
That's a new one on me. I'd give Barclays a call and check what IHG number they have on file for you.

If it is correct ask them where your points are going as they have to tell IHG how many points to give you.

If it's wrong they should also be able to find out where they have went. If you have previously been receiving points without any problems I'd ask them why the number has changed without your authority.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
New IHG Premium Visa Card

I have just received my new IHG Premium Visa Card and made a first purchase with it online, so there is no doubt it is up and running. I now hold two IHG credit cards, but intend to cancel the fee-free one once I have paid it off next month. However, it seems impossible to add this new card to the IHG website. I have an existing hotel booking for January 30/31 and this is guaranteed with the older IHG credit card. No money has been taken out as yet, although I presume it will be soon, and certainly before the date of the stay. I want to book another IHG hotel in February.

Any ideas why they are blocking me substituting the older card with this new one? I obviously would like to pay for the January hotel stay and the February one with the new card ( now 2 points per $1 instead of 1 point ).

I have emailed IHG "customer care", but having read these posts, am not convinced they will respond with the correct solution!

Many thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by igc324
I have just received my new IHG Premium Visa Card and made a first purchase with it online, so there is no doubt it is up and running. I now hold two IHG credit cards, but intend to cancel the fee-free one once I have paid it off next month. However, it seems impossible to add this new card to the IHG website. I have an existing hotel booking for January 30/31 and this is guaranteed with the older IHG credit card. No money has been taken out as yet, although I presume it will be soon, and certainly before the date of the stay. I want to book another IHG hotel in February.

Any ideas why they are blocking me substituting the older card with this new one? I obviously would like to pay for the January hotel stay and the February one with the new card ( now 2 points per $1 instead of 1 point ).

I have emailed IHG "customer care", but having read these posts, am not convinced they will respond with the correct solution!

Many thanks.
I'm astonished they issued you with a second card rather than upgrading your existing one. There should be no problem changing your preferred card to the new one but having just had a look at a couple of existing reservations I have, there doesn't appear to be a facility to change the card used to guarantee them, so maybe that's just something that can't be done. If they're not prepaid rates, surely you could pay at the hotel with your new card?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by igc324

Many thanks.
Best way round it is to call the hotel and and ask for the revenue manager, tell them that you have a reservation and that the card you reserved with has been cancelled. Give them the new card and normally they will take payment straight away.

Not sure what the issue is with the card on IHG though. When you try making your next reservation click use a different card and it should ask if you want to save it.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Best way round it is to call the hotel and and ask for the revenue manager, tell them that you have a reservation and that the card you reserved with has been cancelled. Give them the new card and normally they will take payment straight away.

Not sure what the issue is with the card on IHG though. When you try making your next reservation click use a different card and it should ask if you want to save it.
Thanks for the prompt reply. The reservation is one of their advanced ones, and payment is taken anytime - from time of booking until the date booked. I cannot cancel it without losing the whole amount. As they haven't debited the old credit card account yet, is the system waiting until the money comes out to pay for the January booking?

Yes, I see there is no facility to change your credit card details - this seems utterly crazy! Only by making another booking can you offer another credit card - but not in my case! Grrrr

Good idea re ringing hotel.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:29 am

By calling the hotel and asking for them to take payment from another card they will more than likely do it immediately.

You should be able to change your card details in the billing preferences section online, I've just done it now with a couple of APs not yet having been charged. Even if you do manage to get it changed online you will still have to call the hotel to ask them to take it from the other card as the original card details will be been encrypted and sent to the hotel in order for them to take payment.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:23 am

Smile

Originally Posted by chrism20
By calling the hotel and asking for them to take payment from another card they will more than likely do it immediately.

You should be able to change your card details in the billing preferences section online, I've just done it now with a couple of APs not yet having been charged. Even if you do manage to get it changed online you will still have to call the hotel to ask them to take it from the other card as the original card details will be been encrypted and sent to the hotel in order for them to take payment.

Hi chrism20 I have phoned the hotel - using saynoto0870 website :-) - and they have changed the credit card number for payment of both reservations. But apparently the old credit card number will STILL be on my IHG account. I wonder if I make a further reservation will I be finally allowed now to change it? This seems a complete rigmarole, especially as I STILL have an IHG visa, albeit an upgraded one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.