Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Am I the only one who's gone past their statement date for more than a week, without it being processed.

My Initial Barclaycard went fine and on time.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Am I the only one who's gone past their statement date for more than a week, without it being processed.

My Initial Barclaycard went fine and on time.
No, my statement date was also last week and has still not been produced. I sent an online message yesterday asking what was going on. They normally reply within twenty four hours so I will let you know what they say.

I'm seriously tempted to send a letter of complaint as this changeover is starting to become a shambles.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:19 am

Apparently my statement date is tomorrow, five days later than it was on the old system. Not a major issue, however they could have communicated this rather than just leave people guessing.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
My direct debit has not been taken this month - no doubt due to the switchover. So i made a manual payment which hit my account a day late. its now showing as a payment, and a credit new transaction??
The June statement is showing the below message - even though the direct debit was taken:

You have failed to make a minimum payment

keep an eye on your direct debits to make sure they are happening as planned
Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yes, my statement date changed too. They also seemed to reduce my direct debit in part by a refund that was applied but then still say I owe money this month, when the refund + DD payment mean I'm in credit (with a negative IHG points balance for the month!).

I also highlighted the issue of the statements consisting of very little (just a list of transactions if you download the PDF version) and having no deals of IHG points earning - they've said their IT team will look at it but I don't hold out that much hope!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:13 pm

Well my statement eventually appeared in my account at 7pm this evening. I assume it was as late as that as Barclays still process transactions and payments until about 6:30pm so that means it should be accurate - note should.

The front page says current balance is x and available is x. This adds up to the limit I have.
So it's a little puzzling to go into the statement that was produced today and see that the balance is over £300 more than the statement that was produced in the last couple of hours. There is nothing scheduled to be paid with the card and there have been no transactions since last Thursday.

And the points due to be added is out by at least 300, not a lot I know but it's just a joke.

I agree with EDIflyer, the statements are not very helpful. I'm seriously considering turning paper statements back on as this is shambolic.

Last edited by chrism20; Jul 16, 2014 at 4:20 pm Reason: Added info
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:34 am

Does anyone know how to apply for a new card? The link is disabled and I called barclaycard who transferred me around and then cut me off.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by amit1978
Does anyone know how to apply for a new card? The link is disabled and I called barclaycard who transferred me around and then cut me off.
It was supposed to relaunch last month but it has not re-appeared. I'd like to think they are sorting the mess they have made out first before accepting any applications. Come the end of the month everyone will have had a statement from the new system so I wouldn't be surprised if they reappear then on the barclaycard site.

I'd imagine IHG aren't too pleased at the fact it's not been available now for the best part of three months as I'd imagine there will be commission payable from each card taken out and then there is the sale of the points we accrue to barclaycard which they will also make a profit from. Might not be a huge profit in the grand scheme of things but once you stack up the amounts for a few months it will start to become significant.

The HH card switched over at the same time and I know some people hold both, has that transfer been smoother than this?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:03 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chrism20
The HH card switched over at the same time and I know some people hold both, has that transfer been smoother than this?
For me, HH card moved seamlessly across to Barclaycard site, but the statement date moved.

Also, annoying that new HH card has last 4 digits exactly the same as my BC Initial card...
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by stanontour
My direct debit has not been taken this month - no doubt due to the switchover. So i made a manual payment which hit my account a day late. its now showing as a payment, and a credit new transaction??
The June statement is showing the below message - even though the direct debit was taken:

You have failed to make a minimum payment

keep an eye on your direct debits to make sure they are happening as planned
My DD for the full payment was taken on 12 June. The June statement on the site is dated 17 June has the same You have failed to make a minimum payment on the screen. On the main account page it shows that this card was transferred from the IHG card on the 20 June.

My new DD transfer date is now 17 July and the full amount has been taken and the amount owing shown as £0.

My guess is that this was a computer generated hickup on the transfer, presumably it was changing the statement and DD date from 12th to the 17th and when no new payment appeared on the 17th it generated a warning. Nobody at Barclaycard either knows or cares about their customer reaction.

I had not checked the account for a month and was startled to see that I had the warning.

Only after some checking around did I notice the date sequence. It was then that I remembered that you had been warning here about this issue!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Originally Posted by jms_uk
For me, HH card moved seamlessly across to Barclaycard site, but the statement date moved.

Also, annoying that new HH card has last 4 digits exactly the same as my BC Initial card...
I have had various barclaycards over the years and they tend to move the statement date (and direct debit date) forwards and backwards by a few days quite often.

Never been an issue for me but I know it's a pain for some.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:49 am

I've received an email from IHG this morning promoting double points with the black card during August. 4 points for non-IHG and 8 points for IHG and non-sterling.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ditto - would have been nice if they told us about this offer in advance rather than a week into the one month promo period!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by chrism20
I've received an email from IHG this morning promoting double points with the black card during August. 4 points for non-IHG and 8 points for IHG and non-sterling.
I've just finished 8 paid nights at the Intercontinental in Malta, so this was a timely email for me!

Chris
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:05 am

I don't know why I am surprised but the double points have not been added for the transaction for August that have appeared on my statement that was generated on Monday. A quick look at the Ts&Cs doesn't mention anything about them being added at the end so they should have been there.

I also haven't heard anything from Barclays regarding all the things I complained about and their twenty eight days are up on Friday. According to Barclays Trackit the complaint has been assigned to someone but it hasn't moved to the investigation stage. If I haven't heard anything by Saturday morning the Queen of Cards is getting a letter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.