Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:31 am

You never know they may do a big relaunch, I doubt it though.

I wonder if existing cardholders will have their cards replaced immediately or if we will have to wait. I only received my replacement in March after the old one expired.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
This is what comes up as of this morning

Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I want to apply for this card(for the big win) but I cant unless I do it by phone and forgo the 40k signup.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Just received:

Dear Mr Evapor8
We've got some exciting news to share with you about your Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa®. From 23 June, your Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa® account will change to an IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® account with some great new features.
We'll be sending you a brand new IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® card and PIN, and as your card is managed by Barclaycard, you'll benefit from some improvements including contactless technology, enhanced online fraud protection and access to online servicing with mybarclaycard.
You'll still be able to collect reward points in the same way you do now and redeem them for a wide range of rewards at ihgrewardsclub.com.
Some of your terms and conditions will change as a result of this move. We've attached a summary of the changes to your existing terms and conditions, which take effect from 23 June 2014 – so please take some time to read them.
About your Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa®
We want to make sure you're getting the most out of your credit card – that's why we're moving you to IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa®. Below, we've included some important information about the arrival of your new card and PIN:
• We'll be sending your new IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® and PIN by 20 June and you'll be able to use it from 23 June*

• You can continue to use your Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa® until then

• You'll also keep any current balance transfer rate until the promotional period ends, as long as you stay within your credit limit and make at least your minimum payment on time every month

• Your purchase rate and cash interest rates will stay the same

• We've introduced a new way of calculating your minimum payments. Please see Condition 2.1 of your new terms and conditions below for more information

You'll need to make some changes to your payment details when you move over to IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa®. We've included everything you need to do below:
• If you make a payment towards your balance after 5pm on 20 June, the payment won't be reflected in your available credit limit until 23 June – so make sure you have enough available credit on your account to cover any payments, purchases or cash withdrawals during this period. You won't be charged a late payment fee as long as you make your payments on time

• After 23 June, you'll need to update the payment details with your new card details for any regular or online payments set up on your Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa®

On 23 June, some of your terms and conditions will change and you can see these changes in full here. Condition 2.1 relating to your minimum payments will also change. We've included this condition below:
Minimum payment (Condition 2.1)
You must make the minimum payment every month. This will be the highest of:
• £5 (or the entire amount if less than £5)

• % of the amount you owe us on your monthly statement, or

• An amount equal to any interest, account fees and Default Charges that have been added to your account since your last statement, plus % of the remaining balance. (Default Charges and account fees will only be included where your agreement was entered into, on or after 21 January 2011)

This means that from July 2014, your minimum payment will be the highest of:

• £5 (or the entire amount if less than £5), this has not changed

• 2.5% of the amount you owe us on your monthly statement, this has changed from 3% on your current card

• An amount equal to any interest, account fees and Default Charges that have been added to your account since your last statement, plus 1% of the remaining balance. This has not changed

Introducing your new IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa®
Changing to IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® means you can enjoy online servicing with mybarclaycard and manage your money online, on-the-go, 24/7. You can access your live balance, view your latest transactions in detail and set-up handy alerts such as when you're nearing your credit limit.
• Your new IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® statement date will change, so please check your July statement for your revised payment due date

• You'll continue to receive your statements online – however, after 23 June, you'll need to register for online account servicing at mybarclaycard.co.uk in order to view them

Want to know more?
You can see all the frequently asked questions about the move to IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® below. If you have any more questions for us, we'll be happy to help. Just give us a call on 0800 096 7785†.

Kind regards
The IHG Rewards Club Visa Team
Answers to questions you may have

Managing my account
What will happen to my Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa® balance?
Any outstanding balance on your Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa® will be transferred across to your IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® card. You should continue to pay your balance as usual.
How will I access my account online?
You'll be able to register and access your account using mybarclaycard online servicing at barclaycard.co.uk/mybarclaycard from 23 June 2014.
What if I have additional cardholder(s) on my account?
Don't worry, we'll also send your additional cardholder(s) a new card and PIN.
Making payments
Do I need to change my card details with companies who take regular payments such as magazine subscriptions from my Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa®?
Yes, after 23 June 2014 you'll need to update the payment details for any regular or online payments you've set up on your existing Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa® with your new IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® card number.
Will I need to change my Direct Debit details?
No, we'll automatically transfer your Direct Debit ready for your first Barclaycard payment, so you don't need to do anything. If you want to make any changes to this you'll need to do so by 13 June 2014. You may see a different reference on your bank statement.
What if I don't pay by Direct Debit?
Before 23 June 2014 you should continue to pay in the usual way. After 23 June 2014, if you wish to make payments via telephone or online banking you'll need to update the payment details you use. You'll find more details in the 'frequently asked questions' section of mybarclaycard.co.uk under 'Paying Your Bill'.
Your new IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa®
I already have a Barclaycard, what will happen?
You can continue to use your existing Barclaycard as normal in accordance with the terms and conditions on the account. If you're in breach of your terms and conditions on any Barclaycard account on or after 23 June 2014, you may find that all of your Barclaycard accounts are blocked from making any further transactions. Your accounts will have more than one account number and you won't be able to transfer balances between them.
Will this change affect my existing promotional balance transfer rate or any new balance transfers I take out?
No, if you have an existing balance transfer, then this will transfer over to your IHG® Rewards Club Black Visa® card at the same promotional rate. Any new balance transfer offers you take out now or before you get your new card will also remain on the same promotional rate.
What if I have more questions?
You can give us a call on 0800 096 7785† or to see all our frequently asked questions just visit barclaycard.co.uk/ihg
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: IB Platino
If you open up the terms and conditions link it has the changes in full.

One of them concerns me as it appears detrimental: The non-sterling transaction fee is 2.99% (minimum £2.99).

If I read this correctly suggests that a $5 purchase off ebay etc. will attract a £2.99 surcharge.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Me, too - good news, one login less:

As you're already a Barclaycard customer and registered for mybarclaycard, your new account will automatically appear when you log in using your existing details after 23 June.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
So.....just a new name and slightly more integrated into barclays existing website? Nothing revolutionary, right?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by James1715
If you open up the terms and conditions link it has the changes in full.

One of them concerns me as it appears detrimental: The non-sterling transaction fee is 2.99% (minimum £2.99).

If I read this correctly suggests that a $5 purchase off ebay etc. will attract a £2.99 surcharge.
My reading of this is that it's in the "Cash Fees" section so would only apply to ATM withdrawals rather than purchases.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Enigma368
So.....just a new name and slightly more integrated into barclays existing website? Nothing revolutionary, right?
My feeling is that new members will see changes, possibly an Amex and Visa.

Existing cardholders like me may be ringfenced.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: HI Plat
Originally Posted by andersoi
My reading of this is that it's in the "Cash Fees" section so would only apply to ATM withdrawals rather than purchases.
I hope you are right, but to me it reads that there is a minimum £2.99 fee.

Cash fees (Condition 8.2)
We’re also increasing the non-Sterling Transaction Fee (the fee charged on foreign purchases) to 2.99% (minimum £2.99)

http://f.mail.barclaycard.co.uk/i/34...53/IHG_TCs.pdf
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
I think this is very badly worded explained, but agree the intent is to charge a minimum of £2.99 as a Non-Sterling Transaction Fee.

The existing condition 8.2 states that "There will be a minimum Cash Transaction Fee of £2.99. The Cash Transaction Fee will be in addition to any Non-Sterling Transaction Fee that may be payable"

Existing condition 8.3 states that "We will charge you a Non-Sterling Transaction Fee of 2.99% on the amount of any purchases or cash transactions made in a non sterling currency"

If this is the case, I hardly think they're treating customers fairly. I never make cash withdrawals so ignored the "Cash Fees - Condition 8.2" section. But then they seem to be sneaking in a change that actual belongs in a section headed " Foreign Transaction Fees - Condition 8.3".
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
The non-sterling transaction fee is what I get charged when I stay in any IHG property in the eurozone, so I reckon it will not just be cash withdrawals but all transactions. It might mean that I stop using it for those purchases, I don't need the extra points that much!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
All UK CC providers have always used interbank real currency ex rate and loaded, an exchange fee %age although my C/Cards ever since I remember are loaded at 2.75$ on all forex purchases, cash advances. (still cheaper than buying forex at exchange kiosks, travel agents etc)

And as usual being a CC, any cash advance is also charged further %fee, depending on CC card at 2.0 - 3.0% I have not bothered with travellers checks or almost 20 years.

I am more annoyed with some Asian countries, that now charge an ATM fee on all foreign bank/CC cards, eg in Philippines all banks now charges 200peso per ATM use which equates to circa 4euro a time since January 2012
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:53 am

I hope you are right, but to me it reads that there is a minimum £2.99 fee.
I have had many many credit cards in my life and they have never had a minimum charge on foreign transactions for purchases. Not saying it's not possible but I would say very very unlikely. They make a lot of money from the roughly 3% extra they charge on the intra bank currency rate and they would not do something so silly that would stop most customers using their card abroad. Just my humble opinion.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
The Hilton Credit card will be switching over also (If you have one of those)
The below is an extract of the internal circular sent out yesterday

Today, Barclaycard has begun contacting over 500k customers with our Partnerships cards to let them know that we’re moving them from their co-branded cards to the Barclaycard Freedom Rewards card.

Bringing our Partnerships customers back to Barclaycard will involve migrating these accounts from First Data - which has looked after the Partnership portfolio since 2007 - to our in-house Triumph system. The only cards that will retain separate branding are IHG and Hilton, although these have now been set up on the Triumph system and will also be brought in-house. Our Barclaycard customer service teams will therefore now also support these customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.