Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Just had a look at my account and found this:

Sep-25-2012 PCR Visa Platinum Upgrade 0 pts.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Interesting - if this is a new thing it might fit - I cancelled my Black card a few months back after receiving the signup bonus.

Plat recognition is truly terrible at many IHG properties though - HI Bloomsbury offered me a minute room (basically almost just a double-bed and TV) despite Plat - complained and got upgraded but only Plat recognition was bottle of water and a KitKat
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Mea culpa. Just looked at my wifes last statement and there it is. Free card holders get Gold, black card holders get Plat. Not clear if permanent or not.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Mea culpa. Just looked at my wifes last statement and there it is. Free card holders get Gold, black card holders get Plat. Not clear if permanent or not.
Certainly gold status for as long as you hold the card, and I'm pretty certain for Black card holders it'll be platinum for as long as you hold a card.

Priority Club Rewards are delighted to offer you guaranteed Gold Elite status for as long as you hold a Priority Club Rewards Visa Card. Not only will you earn points every time you spend on your card but you can enjoy all the privileges of Elite status every time you check into an IHG hotel. If you hold or upgrade to the Priority Club Rewards Black Visa we'll increase your status to Platinum
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
How long does it normally take to receive the initial bonus? I've had the card for a few weeks only but can be useful for planning purposes.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
How long does it normally take to receive the initial bonus? I've had the card for a few weeks only but can be useful for planning purposes.
Assume it won't ever appear automatically so you'll have to chase it and you won't be disappointed.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:54 am

For me, 1st statement date was 5th Sep with Annual fee added. Points posted on 24th Sep. Annual fee credited back on 17th Sep.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
It seems to be very hit and miss. It has taken me 6 months to get my 40K. Sent various emails with no progress. So this week sent a letter, with printed copies of all the emails, and bingo just checked my account...... 40k + outstanding points for normal purchases add to my account.

Seems this is the way to address any outstanding issues.

Thanks to louie_m for posting the address earlier in the thread.^

Here's the address is anyone needs it........and they might

Intercontinental Hotels Group plc
Broadwater Park
Denham
Buckinghamshire
UB9 5HR
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Advice please?

Just gone through my latest statement and found that payment for a stay in the CP Miami Z-Ocean did not get 4x points. Nothing unusual in that, there's a mistake pretty much every month.

I made 3 calls to Barlaycard in the space of 10 minutes. The first call disconnected during speaking the the agent. They didn't take the trouble to call me back. Second bloke just pressed a button to connect me to IHG (at 10p a minute) which I knew would be pointless (sic) so I hung up. Third time of calling a different agent explained to me that several CPs 'hadn't yet joined the scheme' and when they did some time down the line I would get the right number of points.

Is that a load of boll***s or what? He said the trigger for 4x points had to come from the hotel. It was my understanding that this is an IHG-wide scheme and nothing to do with individual hotels.

Can anyone add their opinion to this before I let loose on them?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: HI Plat
Surely it should be 4 points per £1 anyway as it was a foreign transaction?

The terms and condition of the UK Card are:
"b) at a standard rate of 4 Priority Club Points for every £1 spent at any of the participating hotels within the InterContinental Hotels Group"
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Spud8o
Surely it should be 4 points per £1 anyway as it was a foreign transaction?
Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about that. It was billed in USD there can be no argument about it for that reason alone.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:03 am

Just had the status question confirmed with an email with the subject "We are improving your benefits"

Priority Club Rewards are delighted to offer you guaranteed Gold Elite status for as long as you hold a Priority Club Rewards Visa Card. Not only will you earn points every time you spend on your card but you can enjoy all the privileges of Elite status every time you check into an IHG hotel.

If you hold or upgrade to the Priority Club Rewards Black Visa we'll increase your status to Platinum.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by chistery
Just had the status question confirmed with an email with the subject "We are improving your benefits"
Damn!

I bought some points in the recent double up promo to get my Mrs up to Plat for next year and then cancelled the card (Hope to churn later)

Must have missed this "news" by days-as I could have saved £99 and she would have Plat for life!
At least the card was free^

Oh well, just hope this is still in place when we apply again (and there's a juicy sign up promo).

On a more serious note it adds to the watering down of the worth of Plat status IMHO.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by blindman

On a more serious note it adds to the watering down of the worth of Plat status IMHO.
Normally I wouldn't agree, but because Barclaycard is carpet-bombing UK Priority Club members with mailshots for this card, you could be right!

Not that it was so hard to get in the first place.

This is still worse than the US card, though. That has a fee of $49 and comes with an AUTOMATIC FREE NIGHT EVERY YEAR. Yes, you are effectively 'buying' a free night in an InterContinental every year for $49. Nice work if you can get it (which UK residents can't).
Old Oct 4, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
coming upto a full month since my first statement and they still haven't posted any points to my Priority Club account - which is annoying as I want to book a reward night.

Will leave it another week before I write to the address earlier in the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.