Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by tangey
I qualified a couple of weeks ago, and got the free night email at the weekend.

For those that have booked, does it only provide for the cheapest room type at the hotel ?
Presumably it uses normal award availability, so it may just be the cheapest or they may open up different levels on quiet days.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by tangey
For those that have booked, does it only provide for the cheapest room type at the hotel ?
Having previously booked reward nights at the same hotel where I booked using the free night voucher, I can confirm you are given the same room as if booking on points. I would suggest therefore you check room availability on points first before you make the phone call.

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
I plan to book the Intercontinental in Park Lane and maybe pay for lounge access which I think is an outrageous £75 but justified by the stay being free!
I wish I only had to pay £75 for club access, the hotel I have booked is around £115 per day but I still find that it is worth it.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Raffles
Presumably it uses normal award availability, so it may just be the cheapest or they may open up different levels on quiet days.
Thats what I thought, which brings me to wonder why they don't just make the award say 40K points into your PCR account. It would be much easier for them to admin, no having to phone up to make the booking, and no expiry.

yes I realise that 40K doesn't get you a free night at most ICH, but I imagine most people would prefer the flexibility of having 40K points in their account.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
Has anyone tried applying for a Paytag with this card and got success? It's a shame Barclaycard don't provide contactless to the PC card.

Last edited by SHRMark; Jun 10, 2012 at 8:42 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:55 am

How long 'now' are the free night certificate's taking to be received following surpassing the required 10k+ spend threshold?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Just received a presumably targeted email from PC, offering what I assume is the same card, but with an interesting twist!..

--
"Earn 40,000 bonus points
and VIP airport lounge access with
Priority Pass™

As a valued Ambassador here's your opportunity to earn 40,000 bonus points with the brand NEW Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa®. That's enough for a Free Night stay at the InterContinental Porto - Palacio Das Cardosas.

Plus as an exclusive limited time offer, receive a 1 year membership with Priority Pass inclusive of your first 3 visits* free of charge. Relax in over 600 VIP airport lounges worldwide and turn your travel into a reward.

As a cardholder, you'll benefit from:
• 4 points for every £1 spend at IHG hotels and abroad
• 2 points for every £1 spend anywhere else
• Free Night every year valid at our 4,500 hotels worldwide,
when you spend £10,000 or more on the card per year

Start earning points today and make your next Free Night even closer.

Offer ends 15 August 2012."
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
McCoy, I received the same email.

Interesting? yes, but convincing me to apply?, probably not.

I have status with BA, so lounge access is usuallu not an issue, especially as I travel with them most often.

Som guaranteed upgrades would be more enticing.

I am sure, however, that this will be an attractive proposition for many.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
I thought about it for a short while.. mainly because the 40k points for £99 is a good deal.
Like you, don't need the Priority pass (and actually already have it via AmexPlat)

But reading the experiences above with their CS put me off the 'hassle'..
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by McCoy
Just received a presumably targeted email from PC, offering what I assume is the same card, but with an interesting twist!..

--
"Earn 40,000 bonus points
and VIP airport lounge access with
Priority Pass™

As a valued Ambassador here's your opportunity to earn 40,000 bonus points with the brand NEW Priority Club® Rewards Black Visa®. That's enough for a Free Night stay at the InterContinental Porto - Palacio Das Cardosas.

Plus as an exclusive limited time offer, receive a 1 year membership with Priority Pass inclusive of your first 3 visits* free of charge. Relax in over 600 VIP airport lounges worldwide and turn your travel into a reward.

As a cardholder, you'll benefit from:
• 4 points for every £1 spend at IHG hotels and abroad
• 2 points for every £1 spend anywhere else
• Free Night every year valid at our 4,500 hotels worldwide,
when you spend £10,000 or more on the card per year

Start earning points today and make your next Free Night even closer.

Offer ends 15 August 2012."
I got this too. Is it 40k credit after spending 10k and no annual fee?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, looks like this version has no fee refund. You might want to try the link to the other version which has no Priority Pass but refunds your £99.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Now found the offer above does attract a £99 fee. I've tried the link on the first page (a few posts down) but I now see no mention of the fee refund.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:21 am

Programs: Some, not all.
You can buy Priority Pass for £69 and £15 per visit, so the new deal puts you £15 ahead. But if you didn't already have lounge access, then you'd be better off with the Standard Plus deal for £159 and 10 visits included. Or just pre-book it for £15-20 online.

40k + £99 fee refunded is the one to go for.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Now found the offer above does attract a £99 fee. I've tried the link on the first page (a few posts down) but I now see no mention of the fee refund.
Link referenced here http://headforpoints.com/2012/06/30/...-card-sign-up/ does still show fee refund.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The black card also seems to give Platinum Elite status.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chistery
The black card also seems to give Platinum Elite status.
Is that an extra promo? When they gave you 40,000 points that was enough for instant Gold status (20k reqd), with 20,000 more required for Plat status (60k reqd).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.