Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Those are probably mine from February

I'm still waiting on those [as well as April ones] - BC keeps sending me letters with new dates by which they promise to resolve. Latest is 28th May.

Maybe time to write to the FO?
I'm missing about 460 points from Barclaycard and have also had the nonsense.

I told the woman on the phone I'd accept cash at the rate of 50p per point. It took her a moment or two to work out I wasn't kidding.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
@chrism20: you can probably retire early from the cash that Barclaycard keeps giving you!

I finally got my Creation card and getting it activated and setting up the Creation website access was fairly easy to do.

Does anyone know if the Creation card is already set up for travelling abroad with (like the Barclaycard was) or would I have to tell Creation via the website the dates I would be using it abroad?

I know for my bank debit card I have to enter my travel dates, otherwise it would get declined abroad and they'd phone me to check.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:19 am

I used my Creation card in Portugal in March and never had a problem. Didn't contact them or enter anything online. Used it three or four times IIRC
Old May 18, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
I have just been on hold to Creation for 20 minutes and gave up. I am still waiting for all my points to transfer to IHG.
Also I have a refund of £57 showing on a Barclaycard I no longer have!
Old May 19, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
I have received my final May Barclaycard statement and lo and behold NUL POINTS! I understood that we were to receive IHG points up to 20 April. No points have been awarded for transactions for 18, 19 and 20 April (my last statement was dated 17 April).

It seems right to the bitter end they cock it up! Promised pro rata refund was there but no points.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by igc324
I have received my final May Barclaycard statement and lo and behold NUL POINTS! I understood that we were to receive IHG points up to 20 April. No points have been awarded for transactions for 18, 19 and 20 April (my last statement was dated 17 April).

It seems right to the bitter end they cock it up! Promised pro rata refund was there but no points.
I must admit I've never looked forward to a CC statement dropping through the door as much as this months IHG Barclaycard one as you just know there is going to be something wrong with it.
Old May 21, 2017, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
I must admit I've never looked forward to a CC statement dropping through the door as much as this months IHG Barclaycard one as you just know there is going to be something wrong with it.
A final - presumably? - parting shot from me. I sent a signed for letter to the Head Office cancelling my Barclaycard last Monday and enclosing the cut up card. Having received no IHG points, as detailed in previous post, I emailed H O on Friday stating this. Two automated text messages came on Saturday morning asking me to ring 0800 number to "talk about why I wanted to leave"!! Its laughable!
A call then from H O later on from same person who gave me £250 compensation in March stating that (1) they had forgotten about the final IHG points for 18/19/20 April. Result £25 compensation. (2) The mysterious £50 goodwill payment on my May statement was NOT the pro rata refund of the £99 fee... it was for something else they had cocked up (news to me! I think I am pretty well clued up on their misdeeds and their subsequent compensation payments). £66 pro rata fee to be returned to me plus £25 compensation. The card is now cancelled. A £116 credit to my current account is now on its way. Yes chrism20, I too will miss the monthly statements!

Oh btw, does the 20 bit in your username refer to a 20 mile exclusion zone you have to observe from their Head Office?! :-)

Last edited by igc324; May 21, 2017 at 2:22 am
Old May 21, 2017, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz
@chrism20: you can probably retire early from the cash that Barclaycard keeps giving you!

I finally got my Creation card and getting it activated and setting up the Creation website access was fairly easy to do.

Does anyone know if the Creation card is already set up for travelling abroad with (like the Barclaycard was) or would I have to tell Creation via the website the dates I would be using it abroad?

I know for my bank debit card I have to enter my travel dates, otherwise it would get declined abroad and they'd phone me to check.
I emailed them before I went to Spain last month informing them of my plans, but the creation card was still refused twice in the same Supermercado! No problems in UK.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by igc324

Unlucky! I received my final points a couple of days later than usual on the 25th April - but it was points from my April transactions (up to the 11th), plus May transactions up to the 20th April all bundled together. Run them through my spreadsheet and it's correct, not even a single point out. If you only got your April points last time, definitely worth raising it with them!
Old May 23, 2017, 10:38 pm

Last month i was given 20,000 points as a sign up bonus and then this month have another 20,000 as a sign up bonus, which i was not expecting - any ideas why?
Old May 24, 2017, 1:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The Creation card had a little-promoted signup offer doubling the bonus. It comes in 2 tranches of 20,000 points, looks like you qualified - congrats!
Old May 24, 2017, 1:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
The Creation card had a little-promoted signup offer doubling the bonus. It comes in 2 tranches of 20,000 points, looks like you qualified - congrats!
Enjoy!
It's all downhill from here!
Old May 24, 2017, 4:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I closed the barclaycard in April and my final statement showed no points, but the points credited normally and correctly (as they always have, or incorrectly in my favour) to my IHG account. So I think it's just an error with the production of the final statement.

I did complain and got £20, which is the only compensation I have ever received from this card. Would have been nice to get more over the past few years but oh well.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
The offer appeared to be targetted to specific email addresses from around a few weeks before the Barclaycard Visa was shut down, but people only notified in tranches.

I applied for the card a few days before the 40k sign up bonus offer was advertised. Called Creation upon hearing about the offer, to be told it was sitting on my account. The first 20k bonus posted to my IHG last month, the second lot of 20k points posted today.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Enjoy!
It's all downhill from here!
Not sure about that! The Barclaycard Visa was pretty useful but I'm generating a lot more points with this Creation card. It has even replaced my Amex for day to day spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.