FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1296884-ihg-premium-visa-card-uk-pc-rewards-black-visa-card.html)

Keefy-boy May 8, 2012 3:46 am

I qualified for the free night cert in March. Still waiting!

pazza2000 May 9, 2012 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy (Post 18533932)

I dont think it should take that long. Maybe you should call to chase it up? I assume the email would have came along with the statement or the most recent points posting since triggering.

Keefy-boy May 9, 2012 5:32 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 18541114)
I dont think it should take that long. Maybe you should call to chase it up? I assume the email would have came along with the statement or the most recent points posting since triggering.

I've called twice, both times to be told it's a different department and someone will get back to me (ho ho.)

Clearwater May 9, 2012 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy (Post 18533932)

I am in the same position. Qualified in January of this year and had my first statement after qualifying in early February.

After signing in, it states on its webpage "Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from your next statement for full details of how to redeem your free night stay voucher for spending £10,000 in your card."

Waited for the 8 weeks to pass and heard nothing. Contacted PC Visa (Barclaycard) and was told it was not their problem and that I had to contact Priority Club customer services on a given number, which I did. They told me it was also not their problem, it was PC Visa (Barclaycard) and told me to ring them for the second time. Going round in circles, I called them again and was told that someone would contact me within 5 days with an answer.

Patiently waited for the 5 days to pass, heard nothing, waited another 5 days, still nothing, in fact waited a whole month and still heard nothing.

After a month of waiting, I called PC Visa (Barclaycard) again, this all costs me money as it is not a freephone number, and went through the same saga that it was a Priority Club issue and I had to call them. Told them I already had done so and again they said they would look into it. They also acknowledged that I had called them a month earlier.

Hoping that this will soon be sorted as I was looking to use the voucher in the summer but I do not hold my breath. The monthly posting of points from our previous months spending, now appears thankfully on time after problems at the beginning of the year. So, maybe, I will be lucky after all.

EDIflyer May 9, 2012 12:24 pm

OK, Clearwater - what you have to understand here is that you're dealing with total muppets on 1st line support at Barclaycard! I had exactly the same sort of pillar-to-post expierence as you with my HHonors VISA (they're also run by Barclaycard - identical web interface, similar lack of response to any online queries apart from 'please call us on our ludicrously expensive number'). First of all I tried phoning and asking for a supervisor (using a normal number courtesy of SayNoTo0870.com of course!) - no luck. I then tried Tweeting Barclaycard and they told me to email [email protected] (the web relations team). I explained everything as logically as I could, including the fact they kept asking me to call Hilton (equiv to you being asked to call PC) and they immediately escalated the matter to a more senior supervisor. It still took a few more weeks to sort but they called me weekly with progress reports and it was obviously a systems problem that they were having, but at least I got someone who genuinely knew what was going on and how to fix it! I'd suggest you try a similar approach - please report back how you get on.

Keefy-boy May 10, 2012 5:02 am

I contacted Barclaycard through the PC Visa website contact form, which promises a response within 48 hours:

'Dear Mr Keefy

Thanks for contacting Priority Club Rewards Visa Customer Services via online account services.
We’re currently dealing with your enquiry, but I’m sorry that we can’t give you a full reply at the moment.
Sorry for this delay, which I hope won’t inconvenience you. Rest assured that we’ll contact you again as soon as we can.'

In other words they promise to fob you off within 48 hours, I am, of course, resting assured!

pazza2000 May 16, 2012 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy (Post 18548055)
I contacted Barclaycard through the PC Visa website contact form, which promises a response within 48 hours:

'Dear Mr Keefy

Thanks for contacting Priority Club Rewards Visa Customer Services via online account services.
We’re currently dealing with your enquiry, but I’m sorry that we can’t give you a full reply at the moment.
Sorry for this delay, which I hope won’t inconvenience you. Rest assured that we’ll contact you again as soon as we can.'

In other words they promise to fob you off within 48 hours, I am, of course, resting assured!

Sounds like a nightmare:td:

Let us know how you both get on, and what route is eventually successful for you. I will be triggering my free night soon and looking to spend it as soon as possble. Waiting beyond 8 weeks sounds ridiculous, hopefully as my points have always posted fine this will be the same case for the free night cert.

ScottieFlyer May 16, 2012 9:52 am

Can I get a refund on the annual fee for cancelling this card early?

Keefy-boy May 16, 2012 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer (Post 18585745)
Can I get a refund on the annual fee for cancelling this card early?

You didn't join on an offer that already refunded the fee? Either way I'd doubt it.

Clearwater May 22, 2012 1:52 pm

PC Visa (UK) Free Night Voucher

There may be light at the end of the tunnel :).
After contacting them through their telephone customer services and getting nowhere as I and others have reported, I thought I would try PC Visa's online accounting services as a new approach.
Explaining the situation that I have previously discussed here, I waited, without much confidence, for their reply that they promised would be within two working days.
Low and behold, two days later an email pops up from Barclaycard in my email account. Without hessitation I opened it up
But my excitement was short lived. The email was in standard automated form and it stated that it would be better for me to telephone their Customer Services team, on the number that I, and fellow FTers, have already called on.
After biting my tongue for some time, I decided to try again and I did ring their services team.
And guess what the answer I was given - that it was a Priority Club problem and that I was to call them.
Not feeling pleased with the progress that I was making and again explaining that I had already done so and had made previous calls to themselves, I was passed to another colleague.
But now I felt a little ray of hope. This time they were more sympathetic and helpful and not reading just from the script that was given them. She said that they would look into it and that someone would ring me back within two working days on the number that is on their system.
As promised and on the second working day, I received the phone call.
And from a little ray of hope, the sun was beginning to shine. This time they admitted there were a few problems with the free night voucher and that some were delayed. I was assured that I would receive the email that contains the voucher and its details by the end of this week and that in future they would be done on a monthly basis.
I will keep you informed if I receive it this week, and if someone else beats me to it, please do likewise.

Clearwater May 25, 2012 9:43 am

PC Visa (UK) Free Night Voucher - Good News

This afternoon, as promised by a PC Visa representative, I received my email for my free night voucher. :)

The details on how to claim your free night are straightforward and are:-
1. Call 0871 226 1111 - Calls cost 10p per minute. Standard network rates apply.
2. Tell the agent you’d like to book your Free Night
3. Choose you hotel
4. Enjoy your stay!
It's as simple as that.

The expiry date on the voucher is one year from the date of issue, mine being 31st May 2013. I qualified in January and my first statement after qualifying was in early February.

Having received the email, I called the number and have already booked my free night. The rate type on the confirmation email is "BARCLAYCARD FREE NT".

I trust you will have got yours too Keefy-boy and pazza2000, you should not worry too much now because the representative I spoke too said they would be now doing them on a monthly basis. Good Luck to when your time comes.

Keefy-boy May 25, 2012 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Clearwater (Post 18641108)
I trust you will have got yours too Keefy-boy and pazza2000, you should not worry too much now because the representative I spoke too said they would be now doing them on a monthly basis. Good Luck to when your time comes.

Just got mine too this afternoon. Same as yours by the look of it. Any idea of restrictions as to where and when it can be used? Which brand did you book?

Annoyingly again on my latest statement I didn't get 4x points for an IHG stay. There's been a problem on all 4 statements since I got the Black card, phoned again and it's being looked into, my email never resulted in anything.

Clearwater May 25, 2012 10:35 am

[QUOTE=Keefy-boy;18641328]Just got mine too this afternoon. Same as yours by the look of it. Any idea of restrictions as to where and when it can be used? Which brand did you book?

There was no restriction as far as I am aware but as with normal reward nights thay are always subject to availability. I have booked an Intercontinental hotel without any problem. The email that we received also says "your annual Free Night* valid at any of our 4,400 hotels worldwide" if this also answers your question. There is also no need to book another night at normal rates to receive your free night, as in the case of Ambassador membership for their weekend free night. Just treat it as if booking a reward night on points, the only difference being that you have to ring the telephone number to be able to do so. You immediately receive an email confimation for your booking and it also appears in your upcoming reservations on your priority club account.

Keefy-boy May 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks Clearwater. I plan to book the Intercontinental in Park Lane and maybe pay for lounge access which I think is an outrageous £75 but justified by the stay being free!

tangey May 28, 2012 3:58 am

I qualified a couple of weeks ago, and got the free night email at the weekend.

For those that have booked, does it only provide for the cheapest room type at the hotel ?