Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
The APR is irrelevant though as you should be paying it off in full every month. If you're wanting to borrow on a card then get a 0% one, not a points-earning card!
Originally Posted by yurtripper
With the APR being so high you definitely don't want to leave any balance outstanding.
The quoted APR formula has to take into account the annual fee on the (low) credit limit example. It has no relevance to day-to-day use. Relevant is the APR for purchases - probably around 18.9% p.a.

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I ... always set up DD for full payment each month - with Amex charge cards you need to pay in full anyway.
Exactly!
Old May 7, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Cheers guys, application completed.

The card should arrive in the next week or two (quoted 5-7 working days). In the meantime I'll continue to use my BC Freedom Rewards card as I don't have another card.

I'm slowly starting to realise just how many sites and applications have my old IHG Barclaycard as my payment option. There's stuff like iTunes, Apple Pay, Uber, PayPal and a host of shopping sites, insurance companies, etc, etc.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Roger
The quoted APR formula has to take into account the annual fee on the (low) credit limit example. It has no relevance to day-to-day use. Relevant is the APR for purchases - probably around 18.9% p.a!
And with an APR of 18.9% I would still say - with the APR being so high you definitely don't want to leave any balance outstanding.

UK base rates are 0.25% so that credit card rate is a ludicrous 1865 basis points higher than the banks own costs of borrowing. I'm old enough to remember when interest rates were reliably in double figures yet the credit card rates of the time were around 17-18, so just a few percent higher than what the banks themselves paid to cover short term funding operations in the money markets. They still made money but it wasn't the intergalactic levels of usury you see in today's world of ZIRP.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by yurtripper
And with an APR of 18.9% I would still say - with the APR being so high you definitely don't want to leave any balance outstanding.
Agreed.

If you need/want the credit option, there are far better deals though without points or miles.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by XmaX
I am slowly getting tired of Creation.

I applied for the white card in October. For some reason, I only got accepted a month later, and received the card on 18th of November. I spent £200 by 3rd of January.

It's May now and still no sign of the 10k bonus. I emailed them in March, but that achieved nothing. I called them last month, and they said that I didn't actually spend £200 within the first 3 months. They then said that this counts from application date, which I said is ridiculous (although that doesn't matter, as even if that date is chosen, I still spent £200 within 3 months). Creation reluctantly agreed and said they'll sort it out.

Well, clearly they didn't. I called them again today, and was told that the best thing to do would be for me to call IHG. I somehow don't think that's going to work.

What else can I do?
I still have not received my 10,000 + points for spending £200 on my 22 March statement. I have tried to phone them - impossible to get through - emailed them on 3 April - a cut and paste reply which solved nothing - so am now just biding my time until 8 weeks have passed since the initial complaint. On 29 May I will contact the FOS. I am not wasting my time with this bunch of fools.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
To the contrary, I've done alright with Creation so far. The initial 20k bonus points posted as expected and the second lot of 20k has appeared in my account, looks like they'll post this month. Was a bit annoyed in the beginning with the security restrictions, but one phone call sorted that out and not had an issue since.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Well Creation haven't responded to my complaint regarding the incorrect allocation of IHG points for IHG hotels stays so I've made another complaint and asked for it to be escalated.

On the old Barclaycard when I received my compensation earlier in the year I was promised there would also be a pro rata refund of the annual fee before my May statement. Well, the May statement has been generated and no surprises to find Barclaycard have not fulfilled their side of the agreement so another complaint raised there.

Does anyone connected with IHG ever get it right?!
Old May 15, 2017, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
Well Creation haven't responded to my complaint regarding the incorrect allocation of IHG points for IHG hotels stays so I've made another complaint and asked for it to be escalated.

On the old Barclaycard when I received my compensation earlier in the year I was promised there would also be a pro rata refund of the annual fee before my May statement. Well, the May statement has been generated and no surprises to find Barclaycard have not fulfilled their side of the agreement so another complaint raised there.

Does anyone connected with IHG ever get it right?!
Is that a rhetorical question?
Old May 16, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
To the contrary, I've done alright with Creation so far. The initial 20k bonus points posted as expected and the second lot of 20k has appeared in my account, looks like they'll post this month.
Can you just clarify that point re "appearing in your account" - do they have a points section in your online account where you can view points earned throughout the month as with Amex rather than waiting to see what comes across once a month?
Old May 16, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lawro
Can you just clarify that point re "appearing in your account" - do they have a points section in your online account where you can view points earned throughout the month as with Amex rather than waiting to see what comes across once a month?
I usually look on my phone and I don't get a specific if section for points, not sure if the desktop version is different

​​​I have an earned this month and earned in total sections .... That is it
Old May 16, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
It doesn't show points per transaction, just an aggregate earning figure for the month.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Saral
I usually look on my phone and I don't get a specific if section for points, not sure if the desktop version is different

​​​I have an earned this month and earned in total sections .... That is it
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
It doesn't show points per transaction, just an aggregate earning figure for the month.
Thanks both.

So is that section/figure updated regularly or just once a month?
Old May 17, 2017, 3:48 am

Need a bit of help understanding what Barclaycard did with the last couple of batches of IHG poitns.

The points listed on my Jan statement hit IHG in the last week of Jan (and match exactly). The points from my Feb statement arrived towards end Feb, also match up.

According to my Mar statement I earned zero points but a couple of hundred posted at IHG anyway (?!)

I earned ~13.5k points as shown on my Apr statement.

~26k posted at IHG towards the end of Apr.

What about the transactions from the May statement? It doesn't mention IHG or points at all (switched to Plat VISA branding), but there's over £5k of spend after the Apr statement but before the cut-off date for IHG points earning.

Did the Apr and May points somehow all post together?
Old May 17, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
According to my Mar statement I earned zero points but a couple of hundred posted at IHG anyway (?!)
Those are probably mine from February

I'm still waiting on those [as well as April ones] - BC keeps sending me letters with new dates by which they promise to resolve. Latest is 28th May.

Maybe time to write to the FO?
Old May 17, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks both.

So is that section/figure updated regularly or just once a month?
I have a points 'this month' and a 'total points' section, I am almost sure they are updated as it goes along

But the points allocated this month don't hit my account 'this month' it will be next....I think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.