Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
I received a 2nd letter today which includes a worrying detail not present in the first letter.

".. you'll no longer earn points on spend after 20 April 2017 or benefit from guaranteed IHG Rewards Club Status.

So it looks like I will lose my Platinum Status after the 20th April?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
I received a 2nd letter today which includes a worrying detail not present in the first letter.

".. you'll no longer earn points on spend after 20 April 2017 or benefit from guaranteed IHG Rewards Club Status.

So it looks like I will lose my Platinum Status after the
20th April?
I always thought that would have been the case, weren't the T and c's for the card that you kept your status for the time you had the card, because you won't have it after 20 april
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:56 pm

The initial letter I received said the following

You can continue to earn IHG Rewards Club points using your card up to 20 April 2017. Any credit card spend after this date won't earn points and any IHG Rewards Club benefits linked to your credit card will also stop.
Platinum is/was a benefit of the card so it was always going to go.

There is every possibility that your platinum status will remain till year end which was the norm if you didn't renew the annual fee IIRC. It will just depend on how IHG manage the situation at their end.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Interesting - my monthly statement points show up on my IHG account a day before my statement is generated by Creation! I've always checked upon receiving the statement and they have already been in my account, but compared dates just now and they hit IHG 24h before statement email going out!

Barclaycard much more generous on the compensation front though!

Waiting to see if full 20k posts for additional white card.
My first statement for the white IHG card is dated 22 March 2017. It shows points earned this month as 588 plus 10,000 bonus points. Then it states "points transferred 0" and "points will be added to your IHG Rewards account".

But where are they?!

The old Barclaycard would have them credited within a week. I received a reply to my online message asking this and it says:

" Once the first statement has been produced, the points accumulated will transfer after the following statement date. "

Eh? Does this mean I have to wait for the SECOND statement presumably dated 22 April before I get the 10,588 points?

Even worse, the IHG black credit card issued a statement immediately with the £99 fee on it and nothing else so that particular statement has no 20k bonus points as I had no time to spend the required £200. Even though I immediately spent over £200 on this card the day I received it, that will not count until the next statement dated 22 April !

Curiously, both statements are dated 22 March but the 2 cards were received 10 days apart. It is all very odd. Can anyone enlighten me?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I just complained and got £50 compensation plus the refund of the £99 fee - not terrific but will live with that.

Shame they did not allow us to change to the Hilton card as I suspect they would have got a lot of takers!

aks120
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Received two letters from Barclaycard today re: my IHG card - first one telling me that my credit limit on the IHG card will increase on a certain date in May; and a second one, telling me that I won't have IHG card anymore before that date.

I know it is all automated, but you'd think a little bit of thought would be put into it...
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Received confirmation from Barclaycard last week that my account was now closed, £99 fee refunded and £25 compensation but it made it clear this was only because customer services had told me the wrong thing when I tried to close the account earlier than the changeover date.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by igc324

Curiously, both statements are dated 22 March but the 2 cards were received 10 days apart. It is all very odd. Can anyone enlighten me?
I think unlike Barclaycard where the statement dates staggered a bit Creation run everyone's accounts on the same date.

Most people I've spoken to about the Creation one has the same statement date.

If it's not everyone it would appear to be a large chunk of the customer base.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
If you do plan to go to the FOS any claim should be based on your quantified loss, not what others have been given by Barclays. I think you should work out what percentage of the £10,000 you've spent and claim for that percentage of an expensive night at IC Park Lane or similar. Also claim for the full £99 fee to be refunded on the basis that you'd never have had the card and paid it if it wasn't for the free night.
This is exactly what I have done with my complaint to FOS. Got an email from FOS yesterday saying that they are waiting for some details from Barclays.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:14 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I just closed the barclaycard, but I wanted to confirm that I'll still get the usual points from all spending up to this point.

(Sorry, a bit of a rant follows:

The Indian CS agents didn't seem to understand what I was asking. The first guy said that I won't be able to redeem any more points once the credit card is closed. I tried to explain that points are not redeemed by the card holder but instead barclaycard sends them automatically to IHG about 2 weeks after a statement is generated.

As this wasn't going anywhere he passed me on to a second agent who said that I won't earn any points after 20 April. I tried to explain that I won't be able to spend on the card once it is closed, so I can't earn any points after 20 April - but I just want to make sure that I'll still receive the points I have already earned on my existing spending, that barclaycard will send to IHG on 26 April. He said that I wouldn't get any points after 20 April but I'd get £25 compensation for each £1000 that I spent this year...

Passed to a third agent who said that any points earned up to now should be sent to IHG as usual, but the way he worded it did not inspire much confidence.)

Anyway, I guess it should be fine, as I'm one of the few people who have never been shortchanged by barclaycard on the points, but just wanted to see if anyone had closed their barclaycard and experienced any problems with getting the points into IHG?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aks120
I just complained and got £50 compensation plus the refund of the £99 fee - not terrific but will live with that.

Shame they did not allow us to change to the Hilton card as I suspect they would have got a lot of takers!

aks120
I got the Hilton Card but you need to raise it as a formal complaint. I have done alright out the change, I did not pay a fee this year and got £150 compensation plus the Hilton card
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by parklife
Just received a letter in relation to my complaint, basically saying they are acting within the terms and conditions and I am due no compensation, only a pro-rata refund of the card fee. Very surprised seeing as what people are getting!
I got a letter which basically told me to sod off for any compensation for the free hotel voucher (as I still had time to hit the £10K spend) and didn't refer to even a partial refund of the card fee either. It also went on to say this was final and they wouldn't enter into further correspondence on this matter.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by where2travel
I got a letter which basically told me to sod off for any compensation for the free hotel voucher (as I still had time to hit the £10K spend) and didn't refer to even a partial refund of the card fee either. It also went on to say this was final and they wouldn't enter into further correspondence on this matter.
I took it to FOS, would suggest doing the same.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:20 pm

Is the final date for earning points the date of the transaction, or the date the transaction posts at Barclaycard?

Got a couple of big items I'd like to buy, want to make sure I will earn the IHG points as long as I buy them by 20 April....
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Is the final date for earning points the date of the transaction, or the date the transaction posts at Barclaycard?

Got a couple of big items I'd like to buy, want to make sure I will earn the IHG points as long as I buy them by 20 April....
For the sake of 2 or 3 days why risk taking it to the wire? Your credit card settlement date will stay the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.