Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards Club and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Free Night Certificate Usage new style BOGO / BOGOF (Feb. 10 onward)

Old Mar 6, 10, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred

I recently saw that you now have to book your BOGO's through the Ambassador website (see below link). Is this new ?

intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend

A week ago, I made a booking for 2 weekend nights at the IC Geneva under a Luxury Weekend rate. For the second night, I was planning to use the BOGO. When I now try to book through the Ambassador BOGO link, the rate I reserved doesn't show up.

Does anyone have experience with this ? I strongly hope they will honor the certificate when I check in. The certificate itself doesn't say anything about having to book through the above link.
Old Mar 6, 10, 3:54 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Spire, AC E50K, AA, AM-Gold, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by huegli View Post
I recently saw that you now have to book your BOGO's through the Ambassador website (see below link). Is this new ?

A week ago, I made a booking for 2 weekend nights at the IC Geneva under a Luxury Weekend rate. For the second night, I was planning to use the BOGO. When I now try to book through the Ambassador BOGO link, the rate I reserved doesn't show up.

Does anyone have experience with this ? I strongly hope they will honor the certificate when I check in. The certificate itself doesn't say anything about having to book through the above link.
There is another thread discussing this subject that you might wish to read:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...rtificate.html

mxm135

Update: New certficate being issued starting with March 2010 member renewals or purchases. Other thread updated.

Last edited by MXM135; Mar 6, 10 at 12:33 pm Reason: Updated information
Old Mar 6, 10, 4:24 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold

FWIW I just received my AMB pack a week or so ago and the certificate just had the normal old wording with no instructions to go to AMB website
Old Mar 6, 10, 4:40 am

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by morepointsplease View Post
FWIW I just received my AMB pack a week or so ago and the certificate just had the normal old wording with no instructions to go to AMB website

I decided to make a booking on that site for an upcoming stay at Sydney IC just to see how it worked. I haven't stayed yet but 4 days after the booking the room was upgraded in the usual way. This was a good test because I sought an upgrade from a club opera view to a club harbour suite which was granted.
Old Mar 6, 10, 8:53 am

I had a similar experience recently. I tried to use the website to book a BOGO in the Middle East. Apparently the website has not been programmed to reflect the fact that a "weekend" there can be Thursday-Friday. However when I called the Ambassador 800 number I had no problem in making a booking. Try calling.
Old Mar 9, 10, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
As a newcomer to this I used my BOGO a couple of weeks ago at the IC Hong Kong. I had a 3 night pre-paid rate and only went ahead having been given an absolute assurance from UK reservations that a night's stay would be refunded if I presented my certificate on arrival. Just to be sure, I asked at check-in that would happen and was given a similar assurance then and at check out (although they refused to deduct the amount from my bill for other services during my stay).

I accept it's early days but no refund yet and no response to my e-mail direct to the hotel last week. Although I would be very reluctant to do so, I would actually accept reinstatement of the BOGO and just leave the payment as it is if I had to.

Any words of a advice or reassurance out there?
Old Mar 9, 10, 8:13 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt PLT...belong to most others but no status
Originally Posted by Blueboys999 View Post
As a newcomer to this I used my BOGO a couple of weeks ago at the IC Hong Kong. I had a 3 night pre-paid rate and only went ahead having been given an absolute assurance from UK reservations that a night's stay would be refunded if I presented my certificate on arrival. Just to be sure, I asked at check-in that would happen and was given a similar assurance then and at check out (although they refused to deduct the amount from my bill for other services during my stay).

I accept it's early days but no refund yet and no response to my e-mail direct to the hotel last week. Although I would be very reluctant to do so, I would actually accept reinstatement of the BOGO and just leave the payment as it is if I had to.

Any words of a advice or reassurance out there?
If it's been a couple of weeks, as you say, I'd definitely get Ambassador Services involved, and cc the hotel.

If it's taken a couple of weeks, there's definitely something wrong.
Old Mar 9, 10, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter View Post
If it's been a couple of weeks, as you say, I'd definitely get Ambassador Services involved, and cc the hotel.

If it's taken a couple of weeks, there's definitely something wrong.
I would contact Guest Relations and/or Ambassador Services, ASAP. This is unacceptable, especially since IHG owns the property. You should not have to chase them. What an example they set.

mxm135

Last edited by MXM135; Mar 9, 10 at 9:18 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 10, 10, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Thanks for the replies. I did call Ambassador Services who called the hotel.

It seems that I can expect a wait of "at least 3 weeks" and to "call back if you haven't received it by the end of March".

To put it very mildly, I'm somewhat unimpressed.
Old Mar 10, 10, 5:03 am

Programs: former {UA 1k // SPG Gold, HHonors Silver}, now starting up again
rookie questions

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is covered somewhere in the previous 20 pages - I've read through many but can't find the definite answers.

I will be staying in Rome for a Friday and Saturday night in May, and I have been reading up on these BOGO certs to see if they would be of use to me in trying to stay at the De La Ville Rome.

I have no status with IC. As a no-status person, are any of these certs of use to me? Is there any way for me to get BOGO at this hotel? Just trying to get a better understanding of what I'm looking for before venturing over to CC. I read in another thread of someone even combining this with an Amex FHR rate at this hotel, which would be the ideal case for me.

Thanks!
-bmir
Old Mar 10, 10, 6:13 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by bmir View Post
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is covered somewhere in the previous 20 pages - I've read through many but can't find the definite answers.

I will be staying in Rome for a Friday and Saturday night in May, and I have been reading up on these BOGO certs to see if they would be of use to me in trying to stay at the De La Ville Rome.

I have no status with IC. As a no-status person, are any of these certs of use to me? Is there any way for me to get BOGO at this hotel? Just trying to get a better understanding of what I'm looking for before venturing over to CC. I read in another thread of someone even combining this with an Amex FHR rate at this hotel, which would be the ideal case for me.

Thanks!
-bmir
The BOGO certificates are only of use if you have Ambassador status. You can buy this from IHG. You will get a new style BOGO which should be redeemable for IC Rome. Last year the hotel did indeed honor a BOGO with an Amex FHR rate (although I only got my stay points credited after a prolonged battle). If you have an old-style BOGO they may let you do this again - but I would pre-clear this with the hotel to avoid disappointment.
Old Mar 10, 10, 9:51 am

It seems that I can expect a wait of "at least 3 weeks" and to "call back if you haven't received it by the end of March".

If no news in a few more weeks, I'd start the process of taking it up with my credit card.

Though it may be a preference to you, I highly doubt you would get the BOGO reinstated. It never hurts to ask, I suppose.
Old Mar 10, 10, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Just to recap - the BOGO + suite upgrade went without a hitch in Athens.
Old Mar 10, 10, 10:50 am

Blueboys999, I suggest that you contact Guest Relations. In North America we have a toll-free number (1-800-621-055), however, I have noted that you reside in the UK.

Guest Relations usually resolve things in a few days and as owners of this property, they take these complaints very seriously. You can submit your complaint via the following link:

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...ns?secure=true

The time for a response from Ambassador Services is unacceptable. I had a similar problem with another IHG-owned property and they resolved it to my satisfaction in under 3 days. They also deal with the GM of the property, who is accountable to them.

Good luck.

mxm135
Old Mar 11, 10, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135 View Post
Blueboys999, I suggest that you contact Guest Relations. In North America we have a toll-free number (1-800-621-055), however, I have noted that you reside in the UK.

Guest Relations usually resolve things in a few days and as owners of this property, they take these complaints very seriously. You can submit your complaint via the following link:

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...ns?secure=true

The time for a response from Ambassador Services is unacceptable. I had a similar problem with another IHG-owned property and they resolved it to my satisfaction in under 3 days. They also deal with the GM of the property, who is accountable to them.

Good luck.

mxm135
Many thanks for the advice - I'll do that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: