Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Free Night Certificate Usage new style BOGO / BOGOF (Feb. 10 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Night Certificate Usage new style BOGO / BOGOF (Feb. 10 onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by lallyr
Bump. Anyone?
No.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by redshift27
No.
Thought so. But I have read of instances where sometimes BOGO nights post, is that just by chance?
Old May 21, 2010, 10:33 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by lallyr
Thought so. But I have read of instances where sometimes BOGO nights post, is that just by chance?
The free BOGO night almost always posts as a qualifying night.

Most hotels will allow BOGO use on packages, some will only grant package benefits on the paid night, some will let you have them on the free night as well. I always go in with the expectation that you won't be getting the benefits on the free night, but I've been positively surprised a number of times in the past. As far as the 25k point offer is concerned, I would assume that there's an 80% chance of getting the bonus points on a weekend stay with BOGO.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
The free BOGO night almost always posts as a qualifying night.

Most hotels will allow BOGO use on packages, some will only grant package benefits on the paid night, some will let you have them on the free night as well. I always go in with the expectation that you won't be getting the benefits on the free night, but I've been positively surprised a number of times in the past. As far as the 25k point offer is concerned, I would assume that there's an 80% chance of getting the bonus points on a weekend stay with BOGO.
Thought so, that's what I had read on this forum. Thank you for the clarification jpdx ^^
Old May 22, 2010, 4:12 am

Programs: F
THe official answer I still believe is no. Looking back through my own record, 50% have in fact posted. I had not noticed this before.
Old May 22, 2010, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I will try my luck. It's only $5 more anyway then the normal rate.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by redshift27
No.
I'd love to know for sure. Hope to see some folks post the sucess here.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:32 pm

San Francisco IC BOGO

My ( old style ) BOGO certificate is expiring in Sep, so I am thinking about a quick trip to San Francisco. Does anyone have any experience with either ICs and their BOGO attitude? Nearly every one of the IC Managers I have talked to has recommended the Mark Hopkins property. What's the consensus here?
Thanks for your info.
Old May 26, 2010, 7:23 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
My ( old style ) BOGO certificate is expiring in Sep, so I am thinking about a quick trip to San Francisco. Does anyone have any experience with either ICs and their BOGO attitude? Nearly every one of the IC Managers I have talked to has recommended the Mark Hopkins property. What's the consensus here?
Thanks for your info.
I was disappointed with the Mark Hopkins, guess that it was the Travelzoo rate or mere AMB status. Room was nothing special, breakfast was free for RA's only and that hill seems a lot more difficult to negotiate than when I used to live on Jones St. Parking issues and $4 cable car rides should also be considered.

Didn't use a BOGO.
Old May 26, 2010, 7:34 pm

On the IC website I saw a rate of $ 119.00 for the room, but a $ 57.00 charge for parking. That discourages me a bit, to say the least.
Old May 26, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
On the IC website I saw a rate of $ 119.00 for the room, but a $ 57.00 charge for parking. That discourages me a bit, to say the least.
Both ICs charge $50+ parking -- welcome to San Francisco.

Personally, since they've been giving lounge access to RAs, I've been spending more time at the MH. They have a fabulous Lounge. However you seem to indicate you are an AMB...sorry can't help from that perspective. I would think both are used to BOGOs though.
Old May 31, 2010, 3:16 am

Unable to book club room with new BOGO cert

Hi,

Has anyone noticed this yet ? I am unable to book a Club Room with the new BOGO cert ?

There were only 2 options at the selection screen: Either a Superior Room or a Deluxe Room. Club rooms do not seem to be available.

This really sucks!

regds,
Eddie
Old May 31, 2010, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eddie_001
Hi,

Has anyone noticed this yet ? I am unable to book a Club Room with the new BOGO cert ?

There were only 2 options at the selection screen: Either a Superior Room or a Deluxe Room. Club rooms do not seem to be available.

This really sucks!

regds,
Eddie
Funnily enough, last week while on the phone to PC they mentioned that BOGO were only applicable on the Base rooms and I could not book a Club room with the voucher. I booked it through the hotel directly. But maybe this
is a new rule that they will start to implement?
Old May 31, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
Sydney IC limits BOGO rooms

Originally Posted by eddie_001
Hi,

This really sucks!

regds,
Eddie
Yes I noticed something similar when I went to look at ambassador weekend rates at Sydney. It seems that they only offer standard room and bay view now. Although maybe you could pay the club access surcharge and get access that way. But you wouldn't be able to get an upgrade to a suite with those room options.
Old May 31, 2010, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the official take on mini bar use for the free night? Does that depend on hotel to hotel or is that free for RA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.