Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Free Night Certificate Usage new style BOGO / BOGOF (Feb. 10 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Night Certificate Usage new style BOGO / BOGOF (Feb. 10 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by blitzen

noticed that the Sat-Sun was always way more expensive. Can you recommend the IC Osaka?
IC Osaka is amazing. I highly recommended it 10/10. Great facilities, great staff, great location (3 huge shopping malls and the train station). It is IMHO the best hotel in Osaka (better than st. regis IMHO).
FlyingKansan and not2017 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:58 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Rumor about using BOGO for Kimpton properties

I thought I read somewhere that the Ambassador BOGO was being honored by Kimpton properties. Is this true?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by not2017
I thought I read somewhere that the Ambassador BOGO was being honored by Kimpton properties. Is this true?
Impossible, as bogo cert has to be used to pre-book though a direct IHG url link that only offers one IC properties.

You can not simply book a flex rate at IC (or Kimpton in your scenario) and turn up at checkin and use the bogo cert
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:37 pm

Curious. I have a BOGO to use between now and August 31. Tried to book in both NYC and WAS. Nothing available (via the website). Anyone have any experience with calling in and asking for something to be released? (I looked at booking for tonight and tomorrow and every property was available.)

Also, I noticed when going to intercontinental/ambweekend, all IHG properties are displayed. Isn't the BOGO only for ICs?

Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
BOGO is for IC's only.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:38 am

Will both nights of a two night AMB Weekend rate accrue stay and night credit?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
They do in my experience (although that's only one time so far!)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I've had it all three ways--1 night credit, 2 nights' credit, zero nights' credit (had to call). If you're counting on 2 nights' credit, I wouldn't. It's YMMV, wait and see.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Steph58
I've had it all three ways--1 night credit, 2 nights' credit, zero nights' credit (had to call). If you're counting on 2 nights' credit, I wouldn't. It's YMMV, wait and see.
Ahh, interesting - I can imagine it varies by how the hotel staff process it. Glad it went through as 2 for me - perhaps having to pay the city tax each night helps it get done correctly?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
Thank you. I will hope for two nights in order to complete my Accelerate offer^
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
What does "Redeem by..." mean?

The Ambassador BOGO cert in my account says, "Redeem before July 1, 2021."

Does that mean "book by" or "stay by"?

The Ambassador terms and conditions say, "Identification and member number must be presented upon check-in. The member must have an un-redeemed and valid Complimentary Weekend Night available within their IHG Rewards Club account upon check-in. Should the member not have a valid and un-redemed certificate in the member's IHG Rewards Club account then the hotel's Best Flexible Rate shall be applied to all nights of the stay."

Thinking of booking a stay beginning July 3, 2021. If I book now, will that work? Or must I arrive before July 1 for the stay?
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Bowgie
The Ambassador BOGO cert in my account says, "Redeem before July 1, 2021."

Does that mean "book by" or "stay by"?

The Ambassador terms and conditions say, "Identification and member number must be presented upon check-in. The member must have an un-redeemed and valid Complimentary Weekend Night available within their IHG Rewards Club account upon check-in. Should the member not have a valid and un-redemed certificate in the member's IHG Rewards Club account then the hotel's Best Flexible Rate shall be applied to all nights of the stay."

Thinking of booking a stay beginning July 3, 2021. If I book now, will that work? Or must I arrive before July 1 for the stay?
You need to stay by July 1, 2021. After that date the certificate will be marked as expired. You could try calling to see if they will extend it by a few days.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I’m new to Ambassador and looking to book a 4 night stay but not clear about this condition:

IHG® Rewards Reward Nights may not be used in conjunction with the complimentary weekend night and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or free night offer.

Does this condition simply mean I can’t use points/certs for the Sat night and the Ambassador voucher for the Sunday?

Or does it mean I can’t combine
a paid Sat/Sun stay using my Ambassador BOGOF (getting Sunday night free) with a Mon/Tue stay using points or credit card free night certificates?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by britenbsas
I’m new to Ambassador and looking to book a 4 night stay but not clear about this condition:

IHG® Rewards Reward Nights may not be used in conjunction with the complimentary weekend night and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or free night offer.

Does this condition simply mean I can’t use points/certs for the Sat night and the Ambassador voucher for the Sunday?

Or does it mean I can’t combine
a paid Sat/Sun stay using my Ambassador BOGOF (getting Sunday night free) with a Mon/Tue stay using points or credit card free night certificates?
You just need to make two separate reservations: one for Sat/Sun using the free weekend night, the other for Mon/Tues using points. Once you've done that, I recommend notifying IHG or the hotel what you've done. Otherwise you risk having to change rooms halfway through your stay.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LAXGUY
You just need to make two separate reservations: one for Sat/Sun using the free weekend night, the other for Mon/Tues using points. Once you've done that, I recommend notifying IHG or the hotel what you've done. Otherwise you risk having to change rooms halfway through your stay.
Great. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.