Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by docklander
Not the wisest thing to do ,calling up PC , if you weren't targetted . You get lucky ...or you don't .
Yes, do NOT call PC.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:18 am

OK, that's starting to be really strange and different than usual.
Absolutely no new codes in last several months. What's going on
It looks like my remaining stays this year will be all nothing
but regular points... I'm afraid we might have to get used to it...
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Or just don't stay at IHG. I only tend to book there when new promo codes come out.

I did score over 15K points for one night at an HI near near ORD 10 days ago, but then I hadn't stayed at IHG for six months. As information, I received points for the same type of promotion (e.g. "New Member Bonus") multiple times as a result of registering multiple valid promo codes.

Last edited by Explore; Oct 24, 2012 at 10:48 am
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by Explore
Or just don't stay at IHG. I only tend to book there when new promo codes come out.
Very true....my booking's follow promotions generally and PCR is missing the boat without these random incentives. Of the multitude of codes floating around out there few, if any, work for avid FlyerTalkers at the moment.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I like IHG and the points, but with both the lack of promos, and the increasing difficulties in getting points of stays booked on IDEX 1 and 3 means the advantages of IHG is eroded. Wydham and Hilton are getitng more of my buisness.

These two issues combined and the problem of getting poiojhts even when the discount was less than the 30% is seeing more buisness going elsewhere. I seem to get points on Wydham and Carlson stays no matter what the rate is!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
When booking on the mobile app will I get the 5K bouns like booking on line?

I prefer HIE's myself, I like the free breakfast which helps with my work and travel plans.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
OK, that's starting to be really strange and different than usual.
Absolutely no new codes in last several months. What's going on
It looks like my remaining stays this year will be all nothing
but regular points... I'm afraid we might have to get used to it...
Same for me, stacks of stays and should be busting with points but just getting 2k or 3k a night, no Free hotel or flights for my vacation next year at this rate.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
My account is now 4,750 points lower than it was at the start of the month and I'm not sure why, nothing showing in the transactions.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by awaflyboy
My account is now 4,750 points lower than it was at the start of the month and I'm not sure why, nothing showing in the transactions.
Could possibly be because of this : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...keth-away.html ?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:13 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Surprising call to Amb Services

Today I noticed that my last stay at IC Frankfurt hadn't posted and all of my October stays still hadn't been tracked on my Stay 15 Get 15K promo.

I rang Manila and was told that I had cancelled my reservation for FRA and that the Stay 15 Get 15K only applied to ICs not the other properties in the chain. At this point I was expecting to get screwed the same way several others have described in other posts.

I explained that I did, indeed, cancel my reservation at FRA but made another one for a different room on a different rate on the same day and that she (the woman on the phone) was incorrect regarding the Ts & Cs of the Stay promo.

Much to my surprise, I was put on hold for a few minutes and when the girl came back on the phone I had already had my FRA stay credited and all of the other stays tracked on my Stay promo (which meant I fulfilled it and got my 15k)!

Great job Amb Services! It was really refreshing to get such good service when there are so many others that have only come away from simillar calls with a headache. ^

Last edited by medic51vrf; Oct 26, 2012 at 3:39 pm
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Not Australian. Successfully registered me for ROLES TO ROOMS.

Thanks Captain Kremmen.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by Froggitt

Thanks Captain Kremmen.
Didn't work for me . Says Invalid code. T&C says offer is targeted.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Froggitt

Thanks Captain Kremmen.
Originally Posted by virtuo0
Didn't work for me . Says Invalid code. T&C says offer is targeted.
That was the same Roles to Room that has been discussed previously. The only difference would be the December 31, 2012 expiry of the promotions. As far as I am ware of it requires an address in Asia Pacific to be eligible.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just tried both of Kremmen's codes. Both came up invalid for me--perhaps because I'm not Australian??
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
I just tried both of Kremmen's codes. Both came up invalid for me--perhaps because I'm not Australian??
same here, in the US

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.