Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming points for a meal or breakfast. Still possible?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Redeeming points for a meal or breakfast. Still possible?

Hi All..

Just a quick one really. Is it still possible to redeem IHG points for either a breakfast or meal voucher? If so... Can you tell me the series of links to take me to the redemption page. I can't seem to see it (but may be being very dense if it's obvious!). Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Not aware of such an option.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:58 am

IIRC, it cost 15k. If I find it I'll link it.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see the vouchers available anymore. They used to be available for redemption for Europe (and perhaps Middle East and Africa as well). There were breakfast and dinner vouchers.

Now, it looks like the options are limited to using the Any Hotel, Anywhere prepaid Amex (valid at any hotel worldwide that accepts Amex) or the Meeting Credits Amex (valid only at IHG hotels--but a cheaper redemption rate than Any Hotel, Anywhere).
Old Dec 26, 2011, 3:02 pm

I queried this with PC within the last fortnight and was told that these certificates have been withdrawn for the immediate future. I'm hoping that they are being updated and reintroduced with additional options. Wishful thinking perhaps.

I ordered the dinner cerificates early Nov (10,000 points each) and at the time there was also a breakfast option (5000 points) and in house movie (4000 points).
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
Odd, I can't find it any more for sale and was 5,000 points for breakfast. I did order the breakfast vouchers a number of times and have a few left with about 10 months expiry left so hopefully they are valid. I got the impression they wasn't that common as every hotel I used them in the reception staff always had to ask or check the bible. As others said it was EMEA only.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:20 am

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...questid=173132

Reward ID code no longer valid?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It is a shame if they have gone. Whilst the price has risen recently, I used a few of the breakfast ones when they were 4k - it wasn't bad value in a hotel where you'd be paying Ł15+ for breakfast, and certainly not out of line with the value you got when redeeming for a free room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.