Search

IHG Army Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:29 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
IHG Army Hotels

Has this been covered before as a topic?

http://www.ihgarmyhotels.com/pal/en/us/home?res_state=1

I do not think that many of us would be able to use this, but perhaps some find it useful/interesting.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
IHG ARMY HOTELS:

All Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions under the General Terms and Conditions apply to the IHG Army Hotels except:
  • All Priority Club Rewards members earn 3 Points/$1 USD regardless of earning preference when staying at an IHG Army Hotel. Points only will be offered, no airline miles.
  • IHG Army Hotels do not participate in the Reward Night Program, Meeting Rewards, PCR Bonus Point Package Program, Point Voucher Program or Hotel Goodwill Program.
  • IHG Army hotels do not issue complimentary weekday newspaper.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:15 am

I am unclear as to policy at the IHG Army hotels. I have spent lots of time in Junction City, KS, home of Fort Riley. I stayed at the HI Express(?) in town. Is access to the on-base facility limited to active military?, retired military?, civilian contractors? Does the general public have access to the facility?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:17 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Henryf,

As I read it, you need to have base clearance for most of the properties. I did a dummy reservation just to find out what it was all about.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cbellero
Has this been covered before as a topic?

http://www.ihgarmyhotels.com/pal/en/us/home?res_state=1

I do not think that many of us would be able to use this, but perhaps some find it useful/interesting.
Yes, at least a couple of times. Here's one thread I found on the topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-near-hnl.html
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by cbellero
Henryf,

As I read it, you need to have base clearance for most of the properties. I did a dummy reservation just to find out what it was all about.
What does base clearance consist of?

Base access is not a problem.

Just curious

If I were designing the program, I would assign first priority to active military, then retired military, then civilian contractors, then general public. I have not been able to find a policy on this anywhere.

It's not urgent and I am sure that something will eventually be promulgated.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henryf
What does base clearance consist of?

Base access is not a problem.

Just curious

If I were designing the program, I would assign first priority to active military, then retired military, then civilian contractors, then general public. I have not been able to find a policy on this anywhere.

It's not urgent and I am sure that something will eventually be promulgated.
This is part of the privatization of on-post housing. The rules concerning access that apply to non-privatized billeting apply by and large to IHG Army Hotels. (Official travel (TDY, PCS) has priority. Then on a space-available basis other eligible groups (active duty military, military dependents, retired military, reserves/NG, DoD civilians (generally not contractors)). The general public is not a part of this.)
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I did a general search recently for Hawaii hotels at ichotels.com and I was surprised to see a couple of these Army hotels pop up. But after seeing this thread I just tried again and I don't see them anymore. More IHG web wackiness.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Just stumbled across this on the IHG website and came here for more info.

Seems like a great deal for those of us who are on official travel, best part is they allow pets, which the former model of Army Guest Houses most often didn't.

I don't expect nicer rooms as IHG is no doubt using former guest houses, but more than likely there will be a much higher level of service.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Has anyone ever stayed at one of these IHG Army properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.