Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade if purchased on Discount Site?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Platinum Upgrade if purchased on Discount Site?

I'm a platinum with Priority Club. If I purchase a hotel stay on Travelocity, or Hotels.com and give them my platinum number will I still receive the benefits of platinum?

I know I do not receive points from the stay but I'm just curious about the platinum benefits.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:05 am

Most won't recognize your status. I don't even think some of those 3rd party sites have a place to enter your PC number. I think its in the T&C that cetain discounted rates are not eligible to collect points. The only way to try would be to present your PC number/card at checkin. I've tried this once and they just ignored it, but did so in a polite way. I remember they said something that these rates are ineligible for points. I know I got a run of the mill standard room so no upgrade either.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

I understand they are almost never eligible for points... but what about for upgrades etc. I could always call the hotel after I book.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:47 pm

I have booked at Crowne Plaza Cherry Hill, Philadelphia thru priceline - called hotel to confirm reservation and had my PC Priority Club # added to my reservation. Just be friendly when calling & you probably will have a chance of an upgrade. I was upgraded to the Executive Floor with access to the club for cocktails & free breakfast - all for a Priceline rate of $48.00. At check in asked about a PC Platinum upgrade and also got cheese plate & half bottle of wine delivered to my room upon arrival. I think it would depend on the individual property...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: VS, BA, HHonours, IHG Rewards, Best Western
I’m only a basic Club member and my experience was at a Holiday Inn in the UK so I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I’ll post it anyway. I’d booked through HotelClub where I had some loyalty $’s so knew I wouldn’t get points for the stay. But I presented my card at check-in and it was recorded on the booking and I was told I’d been put in one of their recently refurbished rooms. It seemed to be in acknowledgement of my PC membership but I can’t be sure. I did get points for my expenditure at the hotel but not for the cost of the stay.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1P / PC Plat / SPG Gold
Call the PC Platinum number and have them add your reservation to your account so it would show up when the hotel front desk pulls up your reservation. You will not get points for your stay but other benefits may still apply. Check with the hotel if you want to be 100% sure.

I recently booked a stay at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport in Singapore from AMEX travel website (had $75 hotel credit promo) and was upgraded to a really nice suite due to having Platinum status. They also gave me bottle water, late check-out, gift, etc.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
I booked a stay at the IC Bora Bora Thalasso and IC Tahiti through a Polynesia based travel agency at a discounted rates. I had the travel agent add my PC # to the reservation and got all RA benefits - upgraded to the best rooms, free breakfast, free minibar, free wifi as well as early checkin/late checkout. I did not get points for the stay.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RxCapt
I booked a stay at the IC Bora Bora Thalasso and IC Tahiti through a Polynesia based travel agency at a discounted rates. I had the travel agent add my PC # to the reservation and got all RA benefits - upgraded to the best rooms, free breakfast, free minibar, free wifi as well as early checkin/late checkout. I did not get points for the stay.
But keep in mind this is not due to Plat benefits, but RA benefits. It's questionable whether it should be gotten for 3rd party bookings, but congrats on getting them anyway. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.