Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many points does everybody Have?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
There is currently a timely warning on the Hilton pages (the thread is "Premium Room Reward only scam") about devaluations! Sitting on high balances is high risk!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
There is currently a timely warning on the Hilton pages (the thread is "Premium Room Reward only scam") about devaluations! Sitting on high balances is high risk!
Hilton is among the worse. They devalued points like a year ago by 20%, then PC gave you those points back in their account! Gotta love PC. It always seems to be 50K points for a nice hotel in a destination city, and I'm not referring to Hampton Inn....
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
if I had that many points I would totally be booking into Thalasso Spa Bora Bora for a 10 day holiday

I like someone's suggestion to change your points to airline points, use free airline points to fly somewhere nice and then PC points to stay at a really lovely IC.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Burn - baby - burn!

.....but save a few on the side for PBs
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
I have 1.17 million points, and that's after spending 225,000 for a vacation in Galveston for my family and a group of friends (3 room, 3 nights). I get nervous if the balance falls below a million. I know it seems crazy to have so many, but I'll use them when the kids get bigger and we can go someplace really cool for a long stay. Or, I'll just keep them and use them for the rest of my life after I retire. I wish my 401K would go up as easily at my PC balance, but it's still fun to be a 'points millionaire'. BTW, I'm also a 'miles millionaire' with Delta so......someday........
Old Oct 13, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by randidliyo
I have 1.17 million points, and that's after spending 225,000 for a vacation in Galveston for my family and a group of friends (3 room, 3 nights). I get nervous if the balance falls below a million. I know it seems crazy to have so many, but I'll use them when the kids get bigger and we can go someplace really cool for a long stay. Or, I'll just keep them and use them for the rest of my life after I retire. I wish my 401K would go up as easily at my PC balance, but it's still fun to be a 'points millionaire'. BTW, I'm also a 'miles millionaire' with Delta so......someday........
Be careful these days a million miles dont go very fare on Delta and the valuation only gets worse.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Wow ...a million points...I'd certainly be too greedy for a nice vacation to not spend them. Hoarding that amount of points for a later point in life seems like a bit of a gamble to me with the point devaluation etc. but each to their own. I prefer to travel while I can - you never know what turn your life may take.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:34 pm

I have only 130,000, but will add that I earned my first PC point ever 10 months ago.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
Originally Posted by MarkGraham2011
I have 500,000 points and I'm to scared to use them as they keep adding up and I'm scared I will waste them but where do you stop? using them for reward nights is not an option because I don't want be in hotels when I'm not working. Vouchers or merchandise or keep going? Is 500,000 alot compared to you guys? I have never used a point!

Also I dont understand the new promo, I'm stying in a holiday inn a HIexpress and a CP this week and every week from then I will be doing 2 nights a week in HIP, will i only get 500 points a night for the HIP and extra for the nights i stayd in the CP and HI as one offs?

Thanks Guys
To get the best value for your money see if your employer will allow you to use points for your business travel. Take a screen shot of the price you would have expensed, give the company a XX% discount as an incentive to approve this and you will get the most value for your money.

oh and 184K
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:09 am

Back up to 498K and just heading off to Germany for a 7 night HI stay for work.
Have had several UK nights away on points this year and a week in Dubia.

Too busy working to spend them though!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
I have 390,000 and have spent over 100,000 this year. Best use for points thus far is trading my refrig/disposal repairman who wanted $480 for repair - traded him three nites in Crp hotel (45,000)! His son came with him and was talking about a vacation last summer and I had the bright idea to ask him if he had his hotel yet! Completed the transaction on the spot . . . after he called his wife for approval.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
sort of off topic, I;m the same way with my delta skypesos. I got nearly 2 million of them. I like to use them for friends and family. Rarely if ever, for myself.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:41 am

Just looked on flights anywhere, not terribly good value I can get 1 ticket to Dubai for 229,000 points in economy or spend over a million for a first ticket!

Shall we start a trade thread?

I'm happy to give hotels nights away for a free as possible flight or 2 to Dubai before Christmas from the UK.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Tilly123
Just looked on flights anywhere, not terribly good value I can get 1 ticket to Dubai for 229,000 points in economy or spend over a million for a first ticket!

Shall we start a trade thread?

I'm happy to give hotels nights away for a free as possible flight or 2 to Dubai before Christmas from the UK.
Nice thought, but most people who have a zillion points also have a zillion miles that they earned flying to those hotels.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
I have about 410k, and have earned probably close to 900k in the past 8 years (3 of those years with almost no travel)... I'm keeping my balance at more than 400k for a week in Bora Bora and 2 weeks in Europe. With my 300k AA miles, I figure I can get to both places free of charge and have a nice inexpensive trip that I could otherwise not get (I'm not about to pay $1000 a night for a bungalo)...

I do miss the priority club auctions website. I got 4 different baseball jerseys, autographed baseballs, etc while it was active. One Christmas after being laid off, I used almost 200k points on various christmas presents from the priority club shopping for my young kids. My son still has his golf club set that he got for christmas.

I do love the point break deals. I spent 10k points on 2 nights in SAT with the family 2 weeks ago, did the Sea World & Riverwalk thing. I even got myself upgraded to a Executive Suite on the club floor with free breakfast. Liked it so much we're going back after Thanksgiving to do the Christmas lights on the Riverwalk and Sea World.

Well that was a heck of a tangent, but oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.