Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Shimon
Don't know when was the last time you filed a claim. However, in my last few claims the cheaper price was removed within minutes. It almost seems automated.

Can't kill what is already dead.
Its definitely not always the case. I have a booking made back in sept, that I got a BRP on. The other site still has the same price, and IHG hasn't lowered their price.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Looking at the way this has developed, I am really thinking that one of the major aim of this program was to place pressure on the hotels to remove their listings with third party sites that had lower listings.

It sounds like a project by a business studies undergraduate that looks at things in a simple way, thinking they are creating a marketing strategy as well as increasing the trade which will come directly through the IHG portals, without looking at the way hotels will try and work around the issues and completely underestimate the potential resistance and number of claims.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
We are having some "in-depth" conversations with IHG about their interpretation of the T&Cs. I'll keep you posted if they decide to do the right thing.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Looking at the way this has developed, I am really thinking that one of the major aim of this program was to place pressure on the hotels to remove their listings with third party sites that had lower listings.
That is exactly the reason for the guarantee. I had this confirmed to me by an IHG senior VP. After all, it is the hotel, not IHG that pays the penalty. Even in cases where The hotel refuses to comp the night and IHG have to refund the customer, IHG then invoice the hotel.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Deltahater
We are having some "in-depth" conversations with IHG about their interpretation of the T&Cs. I'll keep you posted if they decide to do the right thing.
I'm looking forward to hearing the result of the 'in-depth' conversations.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by nacho
I'm looking forward to hearing the result of the 'in-depth' conversations.
It will probably be a 2-3 month dialogue.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
It will probably be a 2-3 month dialogue.
Especially as after your 1st dialogue you will be locked out of having any further dialogues with IHG for 30 days but if you happen to find other dialogues you wish to have within the 30 days you are welcome to have those extra dialogues with another website of your choosing.

Last edited by 3544quebec; Jan 18, 2012 at 8:12 pm
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: QF, AA, BD, PC, HH, Hertz
I have never used the BRG and am trying to decide whether or not to make a booking and then a claim.

If the IHG site calls the room a Queen and the Ethiad Aiways website just has generic 'double' term, where the only doubles the hotel has are queens is that enough of a reason to have the claim rejected?

Any advice appreciated.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by qf_1020
I have never used the BRG and am trying to decide whether or not to make a booking and then a claim.

If the IHG site calls the room a Queen and the Ethiad Aiways website just has generic 'double' term, where the only doubles the hotel has are queens is that enough of a reason to have the claim rejected?

Any advice appreciated.
It depends on whether the hotel has another type of double room, say King, Twins, etc. If there are other types of double rooms, you are out of luck.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Any advice appreciated.
If you decide to file a claim, make sure you make a refundable reservation in case the claim is rejected.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I

Any advice appreciated.
You need to convince the rep that the room types are the same. I was able to do this - standard 2 beds vs a 2 Double beds Superior (lowest category) room at ichotelsgroup.com.

As nacho said, book a best flex rate, call in to see if they will give you the BRG. If they won't, then cancel your reservation. If they do, you can then have them change your reservation to non-refundable (since this rate will likely be lower).
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:32 am

Unhappy Best price is just a marketing trick

IHG wants to make you feel, that nobody can beet their rates, but the opposit is true. Best price guarantee does not work so easy as it looks like. I went already thru 100 arguments, why the offers are not comparable( No. of beds, room-type, extras, type of beds etc.) Even if a lower comparable rate has more extras includedthan the IHG rate, they will not accept it. Finally if you have two differnet claims in a period of less than 30 days, they will accept only one of them. Conclusion: IHG does not believe in their own policy. They avoid everything to make the guarantee happen. The whole thing is just a marketing trick.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: VA Gold
I'll never forget discussing the older guarantee with a phone agent when trying to determine a condition of the BRG a few years ago, when I was a complete noob.

"...so if I find a lower rate elsewhere"
(cut off) "Sir you will not find a lower rate"
"But if I did"
"Sir, you will not find a lower rate anywhere"
"I understand what you are saying, but if the situtation occurred"
(cut off) "Sir you will NOT find a lower rate anywhere else, I guarantee it"

Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Must...Fly!
I'll never forget discussing the older guarantee with a phone agent when trying to determine a condition of the BRG a few years ago, when I was a complete noob.

"...so if I find a lower rate elsewhere"
(cut off) "Sir you will not find a lower rate"
"But if I did"
"Sir, you will not find a lower rate anywhere"
"I understand what you are saying, but if the situtation occurred"
(cut off) "Sir you will NOT find a lower rate anywhere else, I guarantee it"

And that guarantee was about as useful as ?????? well the current IHG BRG
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:35 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Must...Fly!
...(cut off) "Sir you will NOT find a lower rate anywhere else, I guarantee it"
Hehe. Reminds me of the first time I called in for a BRG in Japan many years ago. "If you found a lower rate elsewhere, why don't you book it elsewhere". I told her why and that was the last time the call center workers in Japan didn't know about their guarantee...

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.