Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
ok this gurantee is pretty much a cat and rat race, but have anyone encoutnered that IHG *LOWERED* the best rate (AP) around the dates after the claim? I've done 1 for my +1 and myself (on 2 different rates), and since its off hours of the 3rd party site, they've lowered their own rates! (and before that AP and BFR are the same for the said category...)
the said dates still have the original rates i booked... (and i wonder what would happen if they lower the AP rate while processing my claim - and yes, screen printed for the inevitable)
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
I had a valid claim at the CP Hong Kong and within hours, if not minutes, of the hotel adjusting the rate to a free night, the third party website no longer produced any rates for the CP HK on any dates.

That is still the case some two weeks on.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
I had a valid claim at the CP Hong Kong and within hours, if not minutes, of the hotel adjusting the rate to a free night, the third party website no longer produced any rates for the CP HK on any dates.

Same experience here. It's been roughly 6 weeks since myself and several friends all filed successful BRG claims against IC Miami (downtown). Ever since the BRGs were approved, I've yet to see the 3rd party site selling that property (they're still selling the Doral, but not downtown MIA).
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:53 pm
Suspended

yea but that's the 3rd party pulling the rate. if you had called in at their down hours they would still have a few hours before they could pull. for this, IHG actually lowered their own rate so that BRG cannot be pushed for!

oh and have anyone verified whether the free night qualifies for the Q4 promo multiplier?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:06 pm

Same Experience

I have had the same experience of the lower rate almost instantly disappearing off the 3rd. party website. Booked the lowest rate for the Chicago Indigo (it also luckly was refundable) only to have the claim disapproved because I had an approved claim within 30 days of the check-in. However the BRG telephone agent said other than that, it would have been approved. Mrs. Legal Eagle, whose shopping trip to Chicago it was to have been, then attempted the same reservation only to find the 3rd. party website had pulled its lower rate.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LegalEagle
I have had the same experience of the lower rate almost instantly disappearing off the 3rd. party website. Booked the lowest rate for the Chicago Indigo (it also luckly was refundable) only to have the claim disapproved because I had an approved claim within 30 days of the check-in. However the BRG telephone agent said other than that, it would have been approved. Mrs. Legal Eagle, whose shopping trip to Chicago it was to have been, then attempted the same reservation only to find the 3rd. party website had pulled its lower rate.
how would they know you've had an approved claim? you've given them your PC#?
all i've asked was if i was connected to someone else (my +1)... i've used a CC from another country but the same matching site tho. not that its against any rules but i just said no to play safe. aafterall they need not know.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Boddingtons

No wonder I couldn't find any lower rate for CP Hong Kong
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by kaka
how would they know you've had an approved claim? you've given them your PC#?
all i've asked was if i was connected to someone else (my +1)... i've used a CC from another country but the same matching site tho. not that its against any rules but i just said no to play safe. aafterall they need not know.
I had exactly the same experience - Mr. Nacho got a succesful BPG for a property, then I filed one with the same property for the same day (we thought we needed an extra room for the kids). Then one got through but the other didn't. When I call BPG they said, 'There is already one claim approved for that property on the same day by the name of Mr. Nacho, and that I have had an approved claim within 30 days'.

Don't know how they link all the info together.

I filed the claim BEFORE the changed the rules but when they approved it the rule had changed.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Well, IHG came through for me today. Kudos to Ben and everyone at Guest Relations for their work. While I'm disappointed that it took so much effort, I'm very grateful that I can now relax and look forward to my vacation. (In the Penthouse!)

Dear Mr. Spankytoes

Re: Confirmation Number XXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your reservations. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we certainly appreciate your including IHG in your travel plans.

Our records show you are scheduled to arrive at the Intercontinental De La Ville Roma - Rome , Italy on XX April, 2012 and staying for 1 night. Your nightly rate has been adjusted to free, in support of our Best Price Guarantee. Your reservation is guaranteed for late arrival using your credit card, it must be cancelled by 4:00 PM local hotel time on XX April, 2012, or your credit card will be charged for 1 night, which is 2,750 Euro.

If your plans change please contact 1-800-HOLIDAY (465-4329) and obtain your cancellation number. You may also cancel your reservation via our website at www.ichotelsgroup.com. Simply click on the “Review/Cancel/Modify” button on the left side of your screen and follow the prompts to obtain your cancellation number.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We value you as a Priority Club member and hope you enjoy your stay!

Sincerely,

AGENT
Guest Relations
IHG

So those of you that received reimbursement emails, and your travel is months from now, there is still hope!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
I had exactly the same experience - Mr. Nacho got a succesful BPG for a property, then I filed one with the same property for the same day (we thought we needed an extra room for the kids). Then one got through but the other didn't. When I call BPG they said, 'There is already one claim approved for that property on the same day by the name of Mr. Nacho, and that I have had an approved claim within 30 days'.

Don't know how they link all the info together.

I filed the claim BEFORE the changed the rules but when they approved it the rule had changed.
mmmh... now i've got the rejection email and i've fired back that they've been looking at the wrong nonsense for the site not being "instant" and even had screen caps. but now the original rate is already gone so if they keep saying no all their business from me in the future will only be more free nights. if they get their heads together and give me the appropriate free nights then i shall also give them 2 more nights which i would pay...
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:52 pm
Suspended

[rant]
they keep on insisting my rate is NOT instant confirmation rate whilst its clear in bold red that the claim IS indeed an instant confirmation rate. how nonsense.
[/rant]
anyway, does any have, and want to provide me an email add from IHG that would listen to my rant in disguise?

Last edited by kaka; Dec 1, 2011 at 7:05 pm
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:30 pm

Taxes is not included otherwise it is stated

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Can't he phone up the BRG desk and wait on the line until they contact the other company and ask for a breakdown of before tax and after tax prices?
Just read this:

Matching Prices. For multi-night stays, the average nightly room price found on a non-IHG website will be compared to the average nightly room price for your multi-night reservation on the IHG website. The room price on the non-IHG website must be available in the currency of the hotel. The average nightly rate must be least US $1 (or the equivalent in the hotels currency) lower than that found on the IHG website. Any taxes, tariffs or fees imposed by a governmental authority (e.g., federal, state or local) will not be considered as part of the Best Price Guarantee claim. The room price must be quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency of the hotel. The Guarantee does not include extra fees such as extra person charges, except in Japan and on the ANA website where the room price does include extra person fees. Regardless of the number of lower prices found, only one free night will be awarded per stay. For valid claims, each additional nights room price during the stay will be lowered to match the average nightly price for the entire stay found on the non-IHG website.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by IHG Care
If you find a lower price on a third party website, but are not eligible for a Free Night due to the 30 day restriction IHG does not match the price. However, as the lower rate is available via the third party you can book through them to obtain the lower rate.

Ben J
IHG Care

The good thing about this is, you are still booking at the same hotel of your choice, it just that it is not done directly from the IHG site but from a third party website. Both of you will still benefit.:-::-::-:
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
We'll be in the same situation too during x'mas. We filed 2 claims, 1 for Mr.Nacho and 1 for Mrs. Nacho, and both got approved. It's well within the T&C of BRG - 1 person per claim. I think what matters is that there shouldn't be the same name on both reservations.

I will definitely not tell them that I'll return the next day. Check out as usual and check back in again later in the day.
But you have to be careful. The next thing you know you are on their blocked list. Hotels are aware that this is happening. That's why they require, Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.

Enjoy and have fun
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
[rant]
they keep on insisting my rate is NOT instant confirmation rate whilst its clear in bold red that the claim IS indeed an instant confirmation rate. how nonsense.
[/rant]
anyway, does any have, and want to provide me an email add from IHG that would listen to my rant in disguise?

what is the third party website?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.