Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:57 pm

Is it worth to have ambassador status for BPG rooms?
Meaning, will you get a room upgrade for BPG claims (refundable or the ones set to 0) or not?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Happy Ambassador

Originally Posted by daruda
Is it worth to have ambassador status for BPG rooms?
Meaning, will you get a room upgrade for BPG claims (refundable or the ones set to 0) or not?
Hotels are required to deliver same service to BPG'ers as to regular paying patrons, regardles of adjusted or reimbursed. So yes, it's worth having Ambassador status.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:11 am

okay thanks. Was in doubt because for rewards nights or point nights they don't need to.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Is it just me in the whole world that the BRG team simply refuse to answer?

I even did a test case a few months ago where I submitted exactly the and claim - one in my wife's name and one in my name. Wife's was approved mine was never replied to.

Multiple resubmissions are also ignored.

I'm hardly a serial abuser - no more than 3 or 4 a year tops.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:02 am

Not just you Geoggy. A friend of mine who has done 3 in the last 2 years, now doesn't get a response at all. They were always for the same hotel though.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Swiss snow, free nights.

If anyone ever had succes with, or found a Swiss OTA that charges in CHF and gives immediate confirmation... please, please, please let me know. Or point me in the right direction so I can find it myself.
Thanks guys, any help is much appreciated.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
i booked a night at a hotel using the link sent out recently in the UK offering sale rates.

After booking the single night I required I then started to book a second night at a different hotel. This was not very far from my first choice and so my first night hotel also showed on the screen.

I was surprised to note that the room I had just booked was now cheaper by Ł10.

I did all the usual things like clear cookies etc and tried again to discover that the sale rate was higher than the publicly available rate!

Expedia also had the same lower publicly available rate.

I then sent in a claim and for the first time experienced the Kafkaesque nature of IHG corporate.

In what would win prizes for unintelligible gibberish, their email made James Joyce's Ulysses look like a Jeffrey Archer novel.

After several days of exchanges with them which only made me more frustrated, the hotel intervened, called me and in less than 30 seconds resolved everything.

I must say IHG corporate are in my experience doing more damage to their brand and customer satisfaction that their Hotels every do. There is, again in my experience, a clear disconnect between the service in hotels and the service from IHG corporately.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by binman
I must say IHG corporate are in my experience doing more damage to their brand and customer satisfaction that their Hotels every do. There is, again in my experience, a clear disconnect between the service in hotels and the service from IHG corporately.
+1

IHG and the OCC staff make any interactions beyond painful. The last time I had an approval it was a gong show and the GM at the European property just comped the night after seeing the ongoing emails with no response from IHG.

Starwood and Marriott are light years ahead. ^
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:42 pm

First time poster with some brg experience. I wanted to share the most recent denial reason --in spite of the fact that the original brg claim was canceled a month ago. IHG claims T&C "valid" whether or not. What do you think?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:48 pm

sorry. i forgot to post the text:
Thank you for your email.
As previously mentioned, there is a stipulation in our Terms and Conditions which states that once a valid claim has been awarded to a guest or a member of the same household for a specific date no additional free nights can be awarded. This means that even if you cancel a reservation, a claim remains valid since a free night was awarded. Due to this, no additional free nights can be awarded in line with our Terms and Conditions as stated below.

dditional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same fourteen (14) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.

The advice with regard to ‘previously awarded claims’ refers to claims which have already been awarded even if there was a previously cancelled reservation for the same date prior to the updated implementation of our Terms and Conditions. We appreciate your interest in filing for the Best Price Guarantee and apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by lurkertlh
sorry. i forgot to post the text:
Thank you for your email.
As previously mentioned, there is a stipulation in our Terms and Conditions which states that once a valid claim has been awarded to a guest or a member of the same household for a specific date no additional free nights can be awarded. This means that even if you cancel a reservation, a claim remains valid since a free night was awarded. Due to this, no additional free nights can be awarded in line with our Terms and Conditions as stated below.

dditional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same fourteen (14) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored.

The advice with regard to ‘previously awarded claims’ refers to claims which have already been awarded even if there was a previously cancelled reservation for the same date prior to the updated implementation of our Terms and Conditions. We appreciate your interest in filing for the Best Price Guarantee and apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
It the free night was awarded and you cancelled, you can't claim for another hotel within 50 miles for a period of 14 days.

You haven't specified a timeline so I presume you are trying the same date, which is subject to fail.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:33 am

I don't know why but all my recent claims have been getting ignored. I even tried it with a different email and booked it under my cousins name but still get ignored. What gives?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Data point: just received a check in the mail for an approved BRG stay from last month (I was notified before check-in that they were unable to adjust the rate directly with the hotel and would be mailing a check instead). Total time from stay to check receipt was exactly 4 weeks. Considering that I received full stay credit and associated points, I much prefer this BRG method despite the brief wait for reimbursement. ^

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
If i submit a BRG, and then on the IHG website the price also goes down to the same lower rate that i found elsewhere, can they deny the claim?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by a9504477
If i submit a BRG, and then on the IHG website the price also goes down to the same lower rate that i found elsewhere, can they deny the claim?
Yes, they will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.