Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by FlyinPete
Is one allowed to make one booking with an IHG property and then submit several BRG claims (each for a different OTA) within 24 hours of making the original booking?
Yes, you are. I do this regularly on prepaid bookings.

Expect an answer like this:
Thank you for contacting Best Price Guarantee regarding your reservation at XXX under confirmation number XXX.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend the Guarantee to your reservation because a valid claim has already been Guaranteed to the same reservation number under case XXX.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I just have a general question about BRGs here: do most of you find your BRGs using the usual well-known search engines (I.e. Kayak) or are there a lot of lesser known OTAs that yield better results and are not searched via the big sites?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
do most of you find your BRGs using the usual well-known search engines (I.e. Kayak)
Unfortunately this is rarely possible by now.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
Unfortunately this is rarely possible by now.
So in other words: smaller sites that aren't searched regularly?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:31 am

12 hours and still no reply on my BRG. Getting slower again?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
Yes, you are. I do this regularly on prepaid bookings.

Expect an answer like this:
That is very good to know - many thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I searched this 100+ page thread, but I could not find the answer. What happens when IHG lowers its OWN rate on their website?? Do they honor the BRG? Or only on third party websites?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:50 pm

I hate being *that* person, but I'm struggling with finding a BRG for a Vegas hotel. Anybody have any sites they can share that may provide some help? I can share some sites for trade as well.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I searched this 100+ page thread, but I could not find the answer. What happens when IHG lowers its OWN rate on their website?? Do they honor the BRG? Or only on third party websites?
The BPGs agents do not use the price set at the moment of your reservation. They make use of the price available on the IHG.com website upon verifying your claim. Thus, when IHG would have lowered their own rate between your reservation and the verification, you better hope that your third party website is even cheaper.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by 336
The BPGs agents do not use the price set at the moment of your reservation. They make use of the price available on the IHG.com website upon verifying your claim. Thus, when IHG would have lowered their own rate between your reservation and the verification, you better hope that your third party website is even cheaper.
Wow. That's interesting and good to know. Thank you for the info. Good thing I didn't book a nonrefundable rate. Will just cancel and rebook.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by 336
This is really annoying cause often the rate of the OTA doesn't change with IHG price change
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by daruda
12 hours and still no reply on my BRG. Getting slower again?
I'm also waiting already 11 hours. Did you already receive an answer? How long did it take?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:18 am

I've noticed theyve gotten a little slower, but still within 24 hours for me so far.
I'm having an issue with one rate where they clearly arent playing by the rules. Its in a hotel where they typcially charge additional for more people, I found a competing website where they do not. The average (pre fee) price is the same, but the total is different due to IHG charging additional for the extra person.

I submitted the claim and it was rejected:

"As checked, the average nightly price on www.xxxxxxxx.com is equivalent with the nightly price on IHG. Thus, the Guarantee will not apply. Please be advised that both the average room price and the total room cost on the other web site should be lower in order to meet the Matching Prices clause."

Now, this didnt make sense to me.. so I checked their T&C:

"Lower Price. If you find a lower room price that also has a lower total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a one-night stay, or a lower average nightly room price that also has a lower average total room cost (including all taxes and fees) for a multi-night stay, on a non-IHG website within 24 hours after booking on an IHG website for the same stay, we will provide you with the first night’s room price at the IHG hotel free"

Key word, " has a lower total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a one-night stay, OR a lower average nightly room price "

Frustrating.. Resubmitted.

I cancelled the reservation and resubmitted as I find when I reply to the email arguing their decision, it takes forever for them to reply. Do you guys typically have better luck responding to the email to dispute it? Or just cancelling and resubmit the claim?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:21 pm

It is not worth it to reply to a mail.

If you think you are in your right. Just rebook, and claim again.

However, if I understand your case l correctly, the additional person charge is indeed excluded in the terms and conditions, so resubmitting unfortunately won't be of much help.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by 336
It is not worth it to reply to a mail.

If you think you are in your right. Just rebook, and claim again.

However, if I understand your case l correctly, the additional person charge is indeed excluded in the terms and conditions, so resubmitting unfortunately won't be of much help.
Yeah I just figured this out. The first person that replied said nothing about that, they just made up some stuff that both had to be lower.. So I was ready to fight that. This time around the person actually pointed to the "additional guest charges are excluded from the guarantee" portion of the T&C.

Damn. I totally missed that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.