Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Has anyone done the BRG in KRW (currency)?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:46 pm

Possibility of appeal, if BRG claim is denied

Does anyone know if there is any possibility of appeal, if the Filipinos at the BRG desk deny a claim? How and where does one appeal?

Also, are the BRG staff paid some kind of an incentive for knocking back claims?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by golmaale
Does anyone know if there is any possibility of appeal, if the Filipinos at the BRG desk deny a claim? How and where does one appeal?

Also, are the BRG staff paid some kind of an incentive for knocking back claims?
No right of appeal, but if it is still in the 24 hours just make a new claim.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
No right of appeal, but if it is still in the 24 hours just make a new claim.
Tends not to work, as ihg res number on the brg-desks screen informs them you are already denied by a brg colleague of theirs.

If flex cancel reservation, rebook and try again.... if adr rate not much joy on retries
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5

What was the reason for the knockback?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
What was the reason for the knockback?
You seem to have misunderstood me - I am asking whether the BRG agents are provided some kind of incentive for denying BRG claims.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
You seem to have misunderstood me - I am asking whether the BRG agents are provided some kind of incentive for denying BRG claims.
I'm not sure whether they are incentivised to deny claims, however I can only mention when my claims have been denied they have been right in doing so. I would have thought most my claims would have been denied if that was the case, I've had a lot of claims honored recently too.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I do not think they are. As mitpat writes, I've had a number of claims denied - with good reasons - and I've had a few approved where they skirted the rules. I doubt they would have done it had there been an incentive to deny.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:25 am
Suspended

travelrepublic.co.uk

This UK OTA's cancellation terms include the following text
Please note - the cancellation charges are based on the number of days between the date of cancellation and the check-in date.

More than 14 days before departure - 20% of booking value, 100% for all non-refundable rooms.

14 days or less before departure - 100% of booking value

Please note these are our costs and do not include any charges applied by the Travel Provider as detailed in their Booking Conditions.
Does this mean that in case an APR booking is cancelled, they can charge 200% of the room rate (100% for the hotel + 100% for the OTA)? Would IHG deny a BRG claim on that ground?

On another note, has anyone had any grief from the IHG BRG team on account of Travel Republic's 1 deposit scheme?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by FedUp2
This UK OTA's cancellation terms include the following text
I don't know about the issues you raised, however you need to ensure they provide an immdiate confirmation.

Their terms of business states:-
"Your booking is not confirmed until you receive a booking confirmation."

And then later says:-
"We will send a booking confirmation either immediately by automated email or by post within 10 working days of making your booking"

Sending it "immediately by email" isn't the same as getting confirmation on the screen when the payment is processed.

Having said all the above, I think there have been reports of successful BRG claims for travelrepublic, but I dont remember any recent ones.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I need some advice for a BRG claim for the Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay Hong Kong. The cheapest available rate at the IHG is HKD 2530, and it's a flexible rate with no pre-payment.

I found a lower rate at olotels.com for the same days and in the same room category, and in the same currency, etc. When searching for a 4 night stay at the same dates as my 1-night stay, the website says that it's possible to pay later. However when searching for my 1-night stay (same rate per night as the 4-night stay) I don't get the option to pay later. Should I still interpret this as a flexible rate, and will my claim go through? Anybody else who have managed to get a BRG claim approved through olotels?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:04 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by LH4116
I need some advice for a BRG claim for the Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay Hong Kong. The cheapest available rate at the IHG is HKD 2530, and it's a flexible rate with no pre-payment.

I found a lower rate at olotels.com for the same days and in the same room category, and in the same currency, etc. When searching for a 4 night stay at the same dates as my 1-night stay, the website says that it's possible to pay later. However when searching for my 1-night stay (same rate per night as the 4-night stay) I don't get the option to pay later. Should I still interpret this as a flexible rate, and will my claim go through? Anybody else who have managed to get a BRG claim approved through olotels?
Isn't olotels' billing currency EUR? Won't be any help for HKD based claims...
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:06 pm
Used to be highman123

Just did my first successful non-ref claim with IHG - was surprised agent came back after 3 minutes fearing the worst but it was approved right away
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Isn't olotels' billing currency EUR? Won't be any help for HKD based claims...
It is, no HKD claims
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:19 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by E14 26C
It is, no HKD claims
Unless it changed recently I think it's EUR.

We acknowledge the information that the third party site is showing rates in USD but they will charge your credit card in EUR.

Since www.olotels.com does not charge rates in USD your claim wont qualify for the Best Price Guarantee.

Check their T&C's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.