Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HH D, IHG PA
Originally Posted by no2chem
my last check was slightly more than what I paid, not sure if this was due to exchange rates or if was to cover any fees, etc. It was maybe about 5-10% more, so I would think that it was for the exchange rates and fees.

The hotel was in France (EUR) and I am located in the US, if it matters. Pretty satisfied with the BRG at the moment.
When did you receive your last check from IHG? I believe that somebody else reported on this thread that IHG have stopped adding buffers onto the checks they hand out for a while now.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 6:07 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by mitpat474
"Greetings from IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk. Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night on xxxxx at the InterContinental xxxxx xxxxxx <snip>

First time I've received a email like this , is this a standard email for when a hotel refuses to change the rate?
Originally Posted by tangey
My most recent BRG, the CS guy on the phone confirming that I had a valid BRG was at pains to point out that it would be resolved in either of two ways, the hotel rate would adjust, or if the hotel had a "technical difficulty" adjusting the rate (nice euphemism) then I would receive an email outlining how to be reimbursed by either check or bank transfer.
I had a stay recently where I had received the "technical difficulty" email, but when I actually checked in to the hotel, they were fully prepared for my complimentary night without any mention of it from me. So you COULD actually end up not paying anything when you check in, but of course YMMV.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:50 am

I had an great experience with the intercontinental in Istanbul on my BRG stay, where I will get reimbursed. I got an upgrade to a seaview club room from a cityview club room and a welcome gift =D. Now let's wait for the reimbursement.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Received this reply when I queried regarding the buffer for reimbursement:

"Dear xxxxxx

Greetings from Best Price Guarantee department of InterContinental Hotels Group!

Please be advised that we only cover 10% of amount to assist with any currency conversion fees that may have been charged to guests that opt to receive a US denominated check:

Please be reminded that reimbursement process will only commence after your stay. Should you have further questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit www.ihg.com/bestprice

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,"

Also this was received when I questioned a rate had not been changed regarding a different reservation:

"Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk! Please be informed that your reservation xxxxxx already adjusted to free night stay, but the changes may not reflect online due to system limitations."

Last edited by mitpat474; Jul 20, 2013 at 1:58 pm
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Received this reply when I queried regarding the buffer for reimbursement:

"Dear xxxxxx

Greetings from Best Price Guarantee department of InterContinental Hotels Group!

Please be advised that we only cover 10% of amount to assist with any currency conversion fees that may have been charged to guests that opt to receive a US denominated check:

Please be reminded that reimbursement process will only commence after your stay. Should you have further questions regarding the specific terms and conditions of the program you may visit www.ihg.com/bestprice

We look forward to accommodating your upcoming reservation. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,"

Also this was received when I questioned a rate had not been changed regarding a different reservation:

"Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk! Please be informed that your reservation xxxx already adjusted to free night stay, but the changes may not reflect online due to system limitations."
I'd recommend editing out the reservation #, for your own protection

Also, my check was dated 7/3/2013, for the person who asked.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by no2chem
I'd recommend editing out the reservation #, for your own protection

Also, my check was dated 7/3/2013, for the person who asked.
Silly me!

Cheers
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:45 am

Misleading BRG

My experience with IHG BRG is not great at all. Sorry for my rant . I mean I find IHG BRG is very misleading. I am trying to do BRG for Pallazo, in Sept with no avail.
Maybe because I only booked 1 night I am not sure but it's very frustrating . What IHG BRG will do to turn down your what I consider valid claim.
They will put you on hold and they will open multiple browsers, they will do all they can to turn down your claim and the reason is always the same " the rate we found is the lowest and the same rate as the one you booked". I asked them how is that so, and they said that they used multiple browsers to determine the rate. I advised them that I have google chrome and safari , and the rate shows lower. They will not honour it and used all kind of excuses to turn down your claim. I'd rather IHG be honest and say it straight up that we are not honouring rate from Palazzo or something, it's a waste of time and so pretentious.
I just want to say that IHG BRG is the most misleading, I have no problem dealing BRG with Marriott and SPG, Best Western. But this IHG for me is almost a false claim. I am planning to try other properties besides Marriott or SPG , but considering their service and misleading information I have been given, I have decided to stay loyal at other competitors other than IHG. I have Platinum at IHG but so far I have not yet been given the right treatment by IHG customer services.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by famevei
My experience with IHG BRG is not great at all. Sorry for my rant . I mean I find IHG BRG is very misleading. I am trying to do BRG for Pallazo, in Sept with no avail.
Maybe because I only booked 1 night I am not sure but it's very frustrating . What IHG BRG will do to turn down your what I consider valid claim.
They will put you on hold and they will open multiple browsers, they will do all they can to turn down your claim and the reason is always the same " the rate we found is the lowest and the same rate as the one you booked". I asked them how is that so, and they said that they used multiple browsers to determine the rate. I advised them that I have google chrome and safari , and the rate shows lower. They will not honour it and used all kind of excuses to turn down your claim. I'd rather IHG be honest and say it straight up that we are not honouring rate from Palazzo or something, it's a waste of time and so pretentious.
I just want to say that IHG BRG is the most misleading, I have no problem dealing BRG with Marriott and SPG, Best Western. But this IHG for me is almost a false claim. I am planning to try other properties besides Marriott or SPG , but considering their service and misleading information I have been given, I have decided to stay loyal at other competitors other than IHG. I have Platinum at IHG but so far I have not yet been given the right treatment by IHG customer services.
perhaps you used the site either which:

- only shows the lower price if you click through Kayak
- shows a different price depending on which country you live in

I would try another site and try again. I'm sure others here can chime in about the Palazzo, I have not tried.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
+1. I don't pay $ to stay at IHGs, I only do points stays. Marriott is much better - they are more honest and do the right thing ^

I think it's absolutely unprofessional that they have to verify via several browsers, as long as one works, what's the problem?

I don't have any success with BRG over the phone. What I do is always the online form. I know some posters had the exact opposite experience, but this is what works for me.

Did you book prepaid rate?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Point of Info-

I just did another few BRG's claims for the same property in Los Angeles for September. They all seem to be approved.

I had several BRG's in June & July, that were all approved as well.

However, on my last call, the rep mentioned all my other recent BRG's and seemed kind of "snooty" and then put me on hold for over 30 minutes. I just hung up finally.

I have followed the T&C's to the letter, completely following the rules. Even though I have had several BRG"s now under my belt, I now feel like they have added an asterisk or note to my IHG account that I am "trouble"

Going to cool off from further BRG's for awhile...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by musikdude
Point of Info-

I just did another few BRG's claims for the same property in Los Angeles for September. They all seem to be approved.

I had several BRG's in June & July, that were all approved as well.

However, on my last call, the rep mentioned all my other recent BRG's and seemed kind of "snooty" and then put me on hold for over 30 minutes. I just hung up finally.

I have followed the T&C's to the letter, completely following the rules. Even though I have had several BRG"s now under my belt, I now feel like they have added an asterisk or note to my IHG account that I am "trouble"

Going to cool off from further BRG's for awhile...
They have done that to me aswell.. They usually check to see if any BRGs are consecutive or the 2nd guest details.

I stated before I have even asked agents if I could book 100 nights in a year to which their response was as long as they are not consecutive within 50 mile radius.
I have done 13 in the last two months.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
I am trying to do BRG for Pallazo, in Sept with no avail.
The lower rate is available, but the problem is as usual - cancellation policy. IHG till 6pm, another site - till morning hours. Was that the reason for denial of BRG?
I thought about submitting a claim and decided not to do it.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by ellylex
The lower rate is available, but the problem is as usual - cancellation policy. IHG till 6pm, another site - till morning hours. Was that the reason for denial of BRG?
I thought about submitting a claim and decided not to do it.
All you need to do in this case - ASSUMING you are willing to spend money on the stay - is wait until the afternoon and submit the claim (maybe even by phone). When they deny based on the cancellation policy, argue that "in a few hours, your own will become nonref, would you like me to waste everybody's time by resubmitting in three hours from now?"

This worked for me.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
They have done that to me aswell.. They usually check to see if any BRGs are consecutive or the 2nd guest details.

I stated before I have even asked agents if I could book 100 nights in a year to which their response was as long as they are not consecutive within 50 mile radius.
I have done 13 in the last two months.
That makes me feel a bit better! Thanks!

Besides enjoying the free room, etc., this has turned out to be a great way to
get spend on new CC's to hit the bonus... I LOVE getting reimbursed for my stays!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
BRG and Rewards Night

HI,
I have a BRG approved for Feb 1 2014. Can I reserve rooms for Feb 2,3,4 as Rewards nights at the same Hotel ??
If I did this, will they cancel my BRG ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.