Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Ye I have been asked 50% of the time to provide a name.. I think its to counter you from "passing the reservation on" , however its unrealistic.
I think it is also to ensure that you do not have BRG claims two nights in a row breaching the conditions, using different names in the same household.
Old May 31, 2013, 3:10 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I think it is also to ensure that you do not have BRG claims two nights in a row breaching the conditions, using different names in the same household.
Yes agree , a good point.. I have actually had them put me on further hold after approving the claim to "check" I have not got a consecutive reservation..perhaps I should cut down on the BRG claims
Old May 31, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Yes agree , a good point.. I have actually had them put me on further hold after approving the claim to "check" I have not got a consecutive reservation..perhaps I should cut down on the BRG claims
I haven't had that happen to me yet. I guess I haven't put in enough BRG claims?
Old May 31, 2013, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by no2chem
I haven't had that happen to me yet. I guess I haven't put in enough BRG claims?
Lol ye, it was the same woman I had spoken to previously and she had to check after confirming the valid BRG claim.

Im not sure about all this talk of blacklisting , because once i did ask "hypothetically" if I could book 100 Brg nights in a year, and the agent responded yes, as long as the nights are not consecutive. Now I don't feel so bad doing 2-3 in a month!

Besides due to their business model were actually doing the graft for them, right? hmm.

Last edited by mitpat474; May 31, 2013 at 4:45 am
Old May 31, 2013, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bbcbbc2012
This happens all the time, and honestly the chance of you getting your case approved will be improved drastically if you phoning them directly.
I really don't understand why people email their cases in on something that is time/inventory sensitive. A room can get booked putting the hotel on a higher rate in the 7-8hrs it takes for a agent to go through your email.
Old May 31, 2013, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I really don't understand why people email their cases in on something that is time/inventory sensitive. A room can get booked putting the hotel on a higher rate in the 7-8hrs it takes for a agent to go through your email.
Totally.. I think its more the people who are new to BRGs emailing them. The best thing is calling via skype for non US residents. It makes it so easy to just spend 20 mins on the phone (90% waiting) and get the decision. Also my opinion on the BRG team is Very positive, I haven't been p**ssed about , if my claim was denied it was due to it failing the Ts & cs. Otherwise I have had claims dealt with efficiently. (via calling).
Old May 31, 2013, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Not everyone can be on the phone 15 mins. I found email efficient and easy and I like to have printable documentation for future references. Marriott's BRG programme is strictly by email and it works perfectly.
Old May 31, 2013, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Not everyone can be on the phone 15 mins. I found email efficient and easy and I like to have printable documentation for future references. Marriott's BRG programme is strictly by email and it works perfectly.
Perhaps its efficient yes.. but there has been clear cases of rates being "changed" after submitting the claim, hell they have even been cases where rates were changed via calling! Why not call and have the "risk" of your BRG being declined reduced.
Old May 31, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: LH, BA, Panera Bread
Perhaps its efficient yes.. but there has been clear cases of rates being "changed" after submitting the claim, hell they have even been cases where rates were changed via calling! Why not call and have the "risk" of your BRG being declined reduced.
Well, and there have been apparently cases, where the price got changed while someone was on hold on the phone...

I have had so far 100 % success with emailing the case.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
Yes I can see how efficient it was in this case.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
LOL, I feel pretty stupid now. Our first times are never perfect.

Now that my claim is denied, any tips when I call them to appeal? I do have a screenshot. Thanks for the help.

Yes I can see how efficient it was in this case.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrsjon01
LOL, I feel pretty stupid now. Our first times are never perfect.

Now that my claim is denied, any tips when I call them to appeal? I do have a screenshot. Thanks for the help.
Not really sure that you can appeal. Maybe someone else can advise on that...
Old May 31, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Not really sure that you can appeal. Maybe someone else can advise on that...
call and hope for a different rep?
Old May 31, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Yeah, working on an escalation, I just want to get a refund and not proceed with the stay. I call bulls..t on their BRG process.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What difference will that make? The rate is the same now. Besides I am sure they document the calls. The first thing they ask is your booking reference. I am sure that goes into their system straightaway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.