Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 2:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Is it best flex or advance purchase?
Best flex.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Best flex.
in that case just try it? nothing to lose i guess.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:52 pm

in that case just try it? nothing to lose i guess.
Yeah that's fair. I wonder if I should quickly modify my reservation while the monkeys at BRG are out getting hotel approval............. but that's probably grounds for outright cancellation, so I better not
Old May 15, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Yeah that's fair. I wonder if I should quickly modify my reservation while the monkeys at BRG are out getting hotel approval............. but that's probably grounds for outright cancellation, so I better not
hmm, so you have already booked the best flex on IGH site? with child?
Old May 15, 2013, 3:03 pm

hmm, so you have already booked the best flex on IGH site? with child?
No - I booked with no child on IHG, because that was the only way to match the rate of the competing website (which was throwing on an extra for some reason, despite the child being of non-bed age).
Old May 15, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
so ihg says 470.82$ for a 4 night stay..and expedia says 467.10 for same 4 night stay..both are advanced purchase non refundable...only difference i can see is the tax..it appears the daily rate is the same...will this be eligible?
Old May 15, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Thanks for the replies. Skype is a good tip for the future, although in my case the initial email stated that my claim was at first approved on the phone, so I'm not worried about having to prove that.

Thanks also to those who sent advice via PM, much appreciated and hopeful for a positive outcome.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu
so ihg says 470.82$ for a 4 night stay..and expedia says 467.10 for same 4 night stay..both are advanced purchase non refundable...only difference i can see is the tax..it appears the daily rate is the same...will this be eligible?
Be careful with currency conversions - make sure that the rate is in the correct local currency. A $3 difference sounds like a currency conversion issue. But in general, the TOTAL rate qualifies - NOT the daily rate, so if truly the total rate is more than $1 lower, then it should work.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:23 pm
GmK

Programs: A few
Be careful with currency conversions - make sure that the rate is in the correct local currency. A $3 difference sounds like a currency conversion issue. But in general, the TOTAL rate qualifies - NOT the daily rate, so if truly the total rate is more than $1 lower, then it should work.
Nope, even then wouldn't work: $1 or 1% difference. The difference is smaller than 1%, so they would deny it.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:27 pm

The room rate and the total price must be lower on the competing website.

Lower Price. If you find a lower room price that also has a lower total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a one-night stay, or a lower average nightly room price that also has a lower average total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a multi-night stay, on a non-IHG website within 24 hours after booking on an IHG websites for the same stay, we will provide you with the first night’s room price at the IHG hotel free and match the lower average nightly room price found for your entire stay for the rest of the nights of your stay after verification of the lower average nightly room price and lower average total room cost (including taxes and fees).
Old May 15, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by GmK
Nope, even then wouldn't work: $1 or 1% difference. The difference is smaller than 1%, so they would deny it.
And even that isn't enough ....see my post above.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:44 pm

I just did a BRG for the Venetian in Las Vegas for this Friday 5/17. The lowest rate on the IHG website was $219 plus tax at the time of booking. Priceline was showing $199 at the same time. (Priceline was lower by the same amount on total cost as well.) I went through with the booking and called the hotline. I was told they would make a decision within an hour.

A few minutes after getting off of the phone the rate on IHG mysteriously lowered to $199. They just sent me a rejection stating that the IHG rate was $199 and thus they were denying me. How would I have been able to book the room for $219 (same exact category and rate type) if it was $199? Luckily I made a screenshot of their site showing $219 as the lowest rate and sent it to them. Has anyone else had an experience like this? Hopefully they will honor based on the screenshot, but what would be my next recourse? Thanks!

Last edited by packfanlv; May 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm
Old May 15, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by packfanlv
I just did a BRG for the Venetian in Las Vegas for this Friday 5/17. The lowest rate on the IHG website was $219 plus tax at the time of booking. Priceline was showing $199 at the same time. (Priceline was lower by the same amount on total cost as well.) I went through with the booking and called the hotline. I was told they would make a decision within an hour.

A few minutes after getting off of the phone the rate on IHG mysteriously lowered to $199. They just sent me a rejection stating that the IHG rate was $199 and thus they were denying me. How would I have been able to book the room for $219 (same exact category and rate type) if it was $199? Luckily I made a screenshot of their site showing $219 as the lowest rate and sent it to them. Has anyone else had an experience like this? Hopefully they will honor based on the screenshot, but what would be my next recourse? Thanks!
I'm assuming the rate on you booking hasn't changed to $199 ? If not then i cant see how what the price is NOW makes any difference to the claim. simply remind them that your booking confirmation number#XXXXXX on their systems shows that your booking at the time was $219, and thus it is impossible that the room rate at the time you booked it was $199. If the rate on your booking has changed then send them a copy of the confirmation email showing you booked @ the $219 rate and tell them that it proves the hotel has changed the price afterwards to try to escape its BRG commitment.

This is a situation that I would stand very firm on. The fact you have a booking @$219 rate is concrete proof of the rate at the time you made the booking.
Old May 15, 2013, 6:15 pm

I know it is crazy. I have a booking in their system from their website for $219 for the Best Flexible Rate. This is the lowest possible rate for that hotel. Their email to me acknowledged that the rate of $199 was found on Priceline (and since other sites), but because the CURRENT IHG.com rate is $199 that the BRG doesn't apply. Hopefully my screenshot will make them change their mind. If not I am going to try to find a corporate email address of someone who can help. This is ridiculous especially since it is not able to be cancelled being so close to the check-in date.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by packfanlv

A few minutes after getting off of the phone the rate on IHG mysteriously lowered to $199. They just sent me a rejection stating that the IHG rate was $199 and thus they were denying me.
It's Vegas.

Why would you think that the hotel would act in a principled or honorable fashion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.