Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
So there is nobody concerned about the reasoning why my claims were denied ? Internal reservations comparisons!
can you still replicate the bookings now? Without seeing exactly what you were looking at at the time it is difficult to say what has happened.

If you had booked one room, as you say, it probably would have been fine. But booking 11 rooms they decided to have a closer look and have found it does not match the terms and conditions? Again, if we cannot see what you or IHG see then it is hard to say exactly what happened and who is in the right.

Your best path of action since you are in Australia would the consumer affirs office in your state. It is a free call and their assistance is free. They will assign you a case and follow it through for you. A best rate guarantee would come under ACCC or Fair trading legistlation. If they have found to advertise something which they have been misleading then the state may take appropriate action. But one way or another you will get an outcome.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
So there is nobody concerned about the reasoning why my claims were denied ? Internal reservations comparisons!
I'm concerned since this is really dodgy for IHG to turn down claims like this.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:16 pm

BRG team sent my mum's BRG follow-up confirmation email to me

It seems that they link up whoever having the same home address. Somebody suggested to adjust home address when making reservation, it's all under the surveillance of the BRG team.

Besides, I have sent a couple of questions to ask BRG team, and their response are as below :

Q : If we cancel an approved BRG, can we cancel the reservation and refile a BRG on the same date for a different room type or hotel.

A : No

Q : Can my dad claim a room and put my mum as second guest while my girlfriend claim a room at the same date and put my name as a second guest? I have the same home address with my parents while my girlfriend has different home address.

A : Yes

Hope it helps the others=)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Q : Can my dad claim a room and put my mum as second guest while my girlfriend claim a room at the same date and put my name as a second guest? I have the same home address with my parents while my girlfriend has different home address.

A : Yes
Thanks for posting some answers obtained from an official source!

I still have a question. Does it imply that BRG team think that two individuals sharing the same home address cannot claim rooms for the same date? There is no clause in the terms and conditions prohibiting this practice. My arguments are sound per the current terms and conditions (dated 15 January 2013, with the last revision on 22 October 2012).
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Somebody suggested to adjust home address when making reservation, it's all under the surveillance of the BRG team.
Change adress on acct.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by samwkchan

I still have a question. Does it imply that BRG team think that two individuals sharing the same home address cannot claim rooms for the same date? There is no clause in the terms and conditions prohibiting this practice. My arguments are sound per the current terms and conditions (dated 15 January 2013, with the last revision on 22 October 2012).
Not completely sound. Two individuals living in the same home address can still be considered within the same household. Most laws define a "household" as individuals who have lived under the same roof for an entire year (this definition is mainly used in the context of tax laws).
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:33 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
can you still replicate the bookings now? Without seeing exactly what you were looking at at the time it is difficult to say what has happened.

If you had booked one room, as you say, it probably would have been fine. But booking 11 rooms they decided to have a closer look and have found it does not match the terms and conditions? Again, if we cannot see what you or IHG see then it is hard to say exactly what happened and who is in the right.

Your best path of action since you are in Australia would the consumer affirs office in your state. It is a free call and their assistance is free. They will assign you a case and follow it through for you. A best rate guarantee would come under ACCC or Fair trading legistlation. If they have found to advertise something which they have been misleading then the state may take appropriate action. But one way or another you will get an outcome.
They said that if I have in writing of a free night an they decide to back out of that contract then I need to lodge a complaint online and have a case manger look Into retrieving my money . They can not back out of a written contact . So off to court we go.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
They said that if I have in writing of a free night an they decide to back out of that contract then I need to lodge a complaint online and have a case manger look Into retrieving my money . They can not back out of a written contact . So off to court we go.
why make it so complicated?? Did you try the consumer affairs department in your state? There is probably no need to go to court on this one!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
Change adress on acct.
I don't suggest this way either. Because if they records of our current home address on file and already link our family accounts together, they will know it if we change the address on accounts. They just sent another follow up email for my mum's another brg to me. But we'll, it's only my assumption.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:53 am

I aske that before to them, their answer is 'no', they quoted their rules with some modification on it.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
"In the event IHG believes that a room eligible for the Best Price Guarantee has been resold, or the Best Price Guarantee is otherwise being intentionally abused or manipulated to circumvent its intent, we reserve the right to cancel the previously-awarded free room night and to cancel the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation, and to reject future Best Price Guarantee claims from any persons who participated in such actions."

Basically says that if they believe something underhand is taking place, regardless of whether it is specifically covered by other T&C, they can deny the claims and reject earlier claims.

As written it would appear to me that their belief that the intent of the programme is being thwarted can overrule any other T&C, regardless of whether there is any basis for it factually.

One might therefore suggest that it was not their intent that one person would instigate a situation that he, friends, and various members of his family would successfully get accepted multiple claims filed over a few days for free single nights in one property.

I'm not saying the above is in any way fair, but if that wasn't their intent, then they might be rejecting it based on the bit I quoted.

Last edited by tangey; Jan 16, 2013 at 7:53 am
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Again today I'm suppose to check in within 8 hours under a free night and I receive a email from the agent who approved it saying it has been further reviewed and now has been declined and I will have to pay the full rate as booked , another $485 !

I'm not going to court I have contact the government agency and once nothing comes from that I will need to go to court. I'm not sure if your familiar with IC Sydney but they aren't a co-operative bunch especially when it comes to revenue
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20

Not completely sound. Two individuals living in the same home address can still be considered within the same household. Most laws define a "household" as individuals who have lived under the same roof for an entire year (this definition is mainly used in the context of tax laws).
Sorry for using synonyms. The word "individual" does not appear in the terms and conditions. The word "person" is used instead. Therefore, there is no ambiguity that two people, regardless of their connection, can claim free rooms for the same date.

I aske that before to them, their answer is 'no', they quoted their rules with some modification on it.
There is no point in quoting rules with their own creation or modification. They are doing wrongly.

Again, I predict that there will be some related changes on the terms and conditions in the next revision. It is because agents are notified of the changes slightly before they are published and implemented. They sometimes quote the unpublished new rules before they are valid. It happened to me three times in the past.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Goodwill adjustment?

Almost 54k of my PC points are gone from my account - I suspected these are the points they took away for the BRG stays. Mr. Nacho had about 14k disappeared from his PC account too.

It's super annoying that they don't tell you why they took the points away.

Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Again today I'm suppose to check in within 8 hours under a free night and I receive a email from the agent who approved it saying it has been further reviewed and now has been declined and I will have to pay the full rate as booked , another $485 !

I'm not going to court I have contact the government agency and once nothing comes from that I will need to go to court. I'm not sure if your familiar with IC Sydney but they aren't a co-operative bunch especially when it comes to revenue
Keep us posted^

Originally Posted by nacho
Almost 54k of my PC points are gone from my account - I suspected these are the points they took away for the BRG stays. Mr. Nacho had about 14k disappeared from his PC account too.

It's super annoying that they don't tell you why they took the points away.

Anyone has the same problem?
Thats a new one. Can you call and ask? Another IT glitch during the current revamp?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.