Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I have gotten BRGs from that site reviewed and taken back. Buyer beware using this site... Its a bad idea.
There have been many reports that IHG BRG team has revoked already granted claims. Bad practice do you ask me.

Leave it up to the most persistent customers to fight it.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by tangey
THe BRG agent was wrong to accept your claim. the 3rd party website's cancellation policy requires cancellation 5 days out to get your money back. IHG allow cancellation on the day of arrival. They SHOULD have allowed it against the advanc saver rate, as the third party is still a lot cheaper.

Make sure you keep all your emails and hope you dont get an email in a few days time to say its been reviewed.
This is exactly why I didn't cancel my alternate accommodations yet...just in case.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
I just noticed that I can't go in to the reservation on the IHG website anymore...is this a good sign or not?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cober6711
I just noticed that I can't go in to the reservation on the IHG website anymore...is this a good sign or not?
Is the status listed as "confirmed" or "modified" ?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Is the status listed as "confirmed" or "modified" ?
It said 'modified' before I tried to access it, but then it changed to 'confirmed' and I don't know why but it (along with the other reservation I made previously for another hotel under a free stay with points) keep changing between 'modified' and 'confirmed'

Last edited by cober6711; Jan 9, 2013 at 7:25 am
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
It said 'modified' before I tried to access it, but then it changed to 'confirmed'
Does that mean you can access it now?

It is 'modified' ones that can't be accessed.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Does that mean you can access it now?

It is 'modified' ones that can't be accessed.
It wouldn't let me in for either.

In any event, I called BPG and explained that I needed some form of proof of my accommodations in order to show to immigration when I arrive in the UK. They sent me a copy and the rate plan does show 'house use comp'

Last edited by cober6711; Jan 9, 2013 at 7:56 am
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:15 am

Use http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/wireles...en/home.action to view your reservation.

In any event, I called BPG and explained that I needed some form of proof of my accommodations in order to show to immigration when I arrive in the UK. They sent me a copy and the rate plan does show 'house use comp'
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:23 am
Suspended

House comp is success. You can view on mobile website. Adjusted reservations can be impossible to view on the normal platform.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:26 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Have you considered disputing the original credit card charges? (Does it work the same in Sweden as US for that?)
Let's assume that I have agreed to pay your next hotel bill. Then, after you have stayed, I refuse to pay up even though the hotel has charged your credit card.

According to you would it be OK to dispute the credit card charge? On what grounds?

HTB.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by htb
Let's assume that I have agreed to pay your next hotel bill. Then, after you have stayed, I refuse to pay up even though the hotel has charged your credit card.

According to you would it be OK to dispute the credit card charge? On what grounds?

HTB.
Wrong analogy. If its booked via PC.com, its a contract with PC. IHG BRG team is part of PC, and you make a new deal with them. Same legal entity. Lex posterior. A later law/agreement replaces an earlier.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just a data point:

Had a comped stay last weekend at Venetian and was NOT charged the resort fee. So the entire room was free. Same thing at Palazzo last year.

I have another free Venetian booking later this month to compare

Also, over the past few days I've gotten the following under the BRG:

HI Denver Lakewood
HI Denver Airport
Crowne Plaza Denver Airport
Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:25 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by travelkid
House comp is success. You can view on mobile website. Adjusted reservations can be impossible to view on the normal platform.
Indeed I got another email confirming the free night today.

Oh what a sweet success!

Now I can only imagine the horrid treatment I'm in for...

Uh oh! It seems the hotel has already changed my smoking preference to 'smoking' instead of 'non-smoking' which is indicated in my PC profile.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:28 am
Suspended

Indeed I got another email confirming the free night today.

Oh what a sweet success!

Now I can only imagine the horrid treatment I'm in for...

Uh oh! It seems the hotel has already changed my smoking preference to 'smoking' instead of 'non-smoking' which is indicated in my PC profile.
We all get smoking. Its a glitch- or the dress code
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: aeroplan, aadvantage, BAEC
Originally Posted by travelkid
We all get smoking. Its a glitch- or the dress code
Smoking and my reservations get changed to 3 people as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.