Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I still haven't received my reimbursement from my BRG stays in Oct 2012

The money haven't arrived as expected

I wrote to them after my stays and the BRG dept told the accounting about my bank information. Got 3 cheques yesterday for the reimbursements they are in USD and for me it's like 3 pieces of papers

Now I have written to them and they probably are going to void the cheques and it will take another 2 weeks before they can do another 'fund transfer'.

USD dropped since my stay so much that I'm loosing $ for my free stays.

This is really ridiculous, I was told by the BRG to specify which currency I'd like to have the reimbursement in and I told them particularly that should be in Swedish Krona.

I have written to them so many times and I'm getting sick of it.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:28 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nacho
I have written to them so many times and I'm getting sick of it.
Have you considered disputing the original credit card charges? (Does it work the same in Sweden as US for that?)
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Have you considered disputing the original credit card charges? (Does it work the same in Sweden as US for that?)
It should do, but may be a bit late now.

Of the familys 10 claims on AP rates, 4 are charged before the free night was updated. Hotels have refunded 3 on CC, and Im waiting for the 4th, all pre stay.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Had day 3 of a weekend trip booked for a free night at a IC.

Had found rates yesterday for a valid claim day 1 for CP, but when I started process today, the match wasnt cheaper (both were actually reduced), so I decided to cancel the free IC night.

There has been some uncertainty about cancelling free nights on AP rates. I called the hotel, and the evening agent confirmed clearly and 3x that there will be no charge, and that they would include that in the cx mail sent from a colleague in the morning.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelkid
Had day 3 of a weekend trip booked for a free night at a IC.

Had found rates yesterday for a valid claim day 1 for CP, but when I started process today, the match wasnt cheaper (both were actually reduced), so I decided to cancel the free IC night.

There has been some uncertainty about cancelling free nights on AP rates. I called the hotel, and the evening agent confirmed clearly and 3x that there will be no charge, and that they would include that in the cx mail sent from a colleague in the morning.
But for the fun of it I called BRG with the same question on one of the other bookings. After a bit on hold, the agent claimed I will be charged the original price if I cancelled. He was sure Anyway printout states different, and I have no plans to cancel more.

Its pretty lame to charge full rate if I cancel or no-show, but keep it free if I utilize it.

Other experiences?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You can't file charge back when you have 'agreed' to pay in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Woohoo! Just got an approved BPG for the InterContinental Park Lane in London!

1-25-13 to 1-26-13, 1 person classic room with breakfast (flexible rate):

InterContinental.com: £ 711

Competing site £231

Amazing!

Last edited by cober6711; Jan 9, 2013 at 6:25 am
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nacho
You can't file charge back when you have 'agreed' to pay in advance.
I would disagree. You agreed, then mutually agreed to modify your "contract". They agreed there would ultimately be no charge and have taken months without refunding.

You've got all the documentation. I bet you would win. (In the US at least.)
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I'm yet to receive my funds back from the intercontinental in London . I have called them twice and nothing returned . It's nearly 1500£ so I need it . It was a AP and my stay isn't until July .
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by lsed
Managed to get a BRG at the SFO Mark Hopkins but the hotel is trying to dispute the claim. Been about a week since it was validated by the BRG team.

anyone have any experience with this hotel on BRG?
I got a BPG here a year ago and didn't have any problems whatsoever.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:41 am
Suspended

I would disagree. You agreed, then mutually agreed to modify your "contract". They agreed there would ultimately be no charge and have taken months without refunding.

You've got all the documentation. I bet you would win. (In the US at least.)
Its tricky, but your initial contract is with PC, and they have agreed to modify it. I think you have a claim as long as this is AP actually.

If its BFR and you sign at the hotel, then you have agreed.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I'm yet to receive my funds back from the intercontinental in London . I have called them twice and nothing returned . It's nearly 1500£ so I need it . It was a AP and my stay isn't until July .
Speak to accounting during office hours. And do mail them.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Had a weird experience at CP TLV - my reservation showed one price, but I was actually charged less.

They say the reimbursement cheque is in the mail, I wonder what amount it will be for!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by cober6711
Woohoo! Just got an approved BPG for the InterContinental Park Lane in London!

1-25-13 to 1-26-13, 1 person classic room with breakfast (flexible rate):

InterContinental.com: £711

Versus

3rd party website: £231

Amazing!
THe BRG agent was wrong to accept your claim. the 3rd party website's cancellation policy requires cancellation 5 days out to get your money back. IHG allow cancellation on the day of arrival. They SHOULD have allowed it against the advanc saver rate, as the third party is still a lot cheaper.

Make sure you keep all your emails and hope you dont get an email in a few days time to say its been reviewed.

Last edited by tangey; Jan 9, 2013 at 6:10 am
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by tangey

Make sure you keep all your emails and hope you dont get an email in a few days time to say its been reviewed.
I have gotten BRGs from that site reviewed and taken back. Buyer beware using this site... Its a bad idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.